Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

It's a shame Tom's biscuit was bad, as that dessert looked yummy and the winning one looked like chocolate goo and dirt.

I'm not buying all this raw meat they love so much.
While I love rare beef, steak tartare, beef carpaccio etc are definitely not my thing and I've never tried either or anything like them...the mere sight of totally uncooked meat turns my stomach. And although I find such dishes unappealing fair enough to those who savour them. BUT my real problem is with under cooked and uncooked fish...it just goes against everything my brain considers correct. Perhaps I need to be educated?

While I love rare beef, steak tartare, beef carpaccio etc are definitely not my thing and I've never tried either or anything like them...the mere sight of totally uncooked meat turns my stomach. And although I find such dishes unappealing fair enough to those who savour them. BUT my real problem is with under cooked and uncooked fish...it just goes against everything my brain considers correct. Perhaps I need to be educated?

That takes me back to the first season of Masterchef back in 2009. I think it was the contestant Chris Badenoch who plated up a steak tartare on that season. I remember the old MC forums going crazy after that episode...lol. Then again it used to go nuts pretty much after all the episodes...lol

Glad that Dan and Tommy excelled.
Me too! I was worried for Tommy for awhile (like they wanted us to be haha!) but I thought his dish sounded yum if he could execute it properly and of course, he did.

I also had my heart in my mouth when Justin went 'rogue'...I pictured another white chocolate veloute on the cards. Thankfully, they all pulled it together.

I love Pete but his dish last night did nothing for me whatsoever. It may have been delicious but it didn't look like it to me. There's charred and then there's incinerated.

Ooh no, Sabina. Masterchef is not the place to do a jacket potato!

I love the invention test.
Going to be interesting to see what they do.

Interesting watching Brent 'feeling' his way through that dish.
Can't wait to see how they interpret it on a plate.

Last edited:
I'm not sure but I think it's rosary beads/worry beads. I've wondered about them before.

My sort of challenge tonight. I don't have gadgets in my kitchen (except an air fryer which I've only purchased recently). I've always made do with a knife, wooden spoon, chopping board, saucepan, fry pan and oven tray...I HATE washing up! The air fryer has replaced the fry pan and oven tray (mostly).

Some delicious looking and sounding dishes produced. Yay for the winners!

Back