Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

I missed the end - I presume the green team are in elimination, because basically they had no idea what on earth they were making, whereas Joe saved the red team because he worked out they needed to use pistacchios

Yellow team's crusted lamb looked delicious, Simon's obviously one to watch in coming weeks, Blake's a hottie.

I missed the end - I presume the green team are in elimination, because basically they had no idea what on earth they were making, whereas Joe saved the red team because he worked out they needed to use pistacchios
Yes, Abbey's team going into the elimination. I bet she survives, and then feels *fabulous*.

To think I had Abbey down as my favourite female a week ago, I'm rethinking that after last night. That was awful the way she handled that. Maybe she'll have learned something from it. We'll see.
Just about to re-watch it, as I missed bits.

I really want roast chicken and crispy potatoes now. I didn't mind Monica. Abbey is annoying me.

They are pretty hard to warm to.
I'm liking Derek, and maybe Leah and Simon.
Least faves are Steph and Abbey.

I'm liking Derek and Kyle - Abbey has fallen by the wayside after the way she handled, or didn't handle the captaincy. She mightn't make a good leader, but I still think she can cook.

Whoever is in charge of editing needs to seriously be fired. In the promos for last nights pressure test and the introductory part you can clearly see Gary look to the left of the table at the far end eliminating whoever is sitting there, then the next clip showed Monica sitting tbere! I watched the entire episode knowing she gets eliminated!

Whoever is in charge of editing needs to seriously be fired. In the promos for last nights pressure test and the introductory part you can clearly see Gary look to the left of the table at the far end eliminating whoever is sitting there, then the next clip showed Monica sitting tbere! I watched the entire episode knowing she gets eliminated!

Well-spotted, thankfully I missed that.
I even hate it when they show a preview of an upcoming challenge, because it means whoever is glimpsed there doesn't get eliminated anytime soon.

They do that one all the time.

Well-spotted, thankfully I missed that.
I even hate it when they show a preview of an upcoming challenge, because it means whoever is glimpsed there doesn't get eliminated anytime soon.

It’s ridiculous. They showed the promo for the state library challenge and showed a camera shot of the entire group, clearly showing Monica not there. On the Sunday night episode it was clearly shown that Joe, Abbey and Jess are not eliminated until then. And not only that but at the start of the series and even before they showed constant scenes of the top 10/12 and obviously showed one specific contestant (I won’t say who incase people don’t want spoilers and I also don’t know how to use a spoiler tag) and now I know this one contestant doesn’t get eliminated until the near end.

On a negative note, my partner keeps mentioning Nigella and her coke episode. Forgot about that. Thankfully so has everyone else 🤫

To be completely honest I think fatigue is really setting in for Masterchef this year. I’ve been a loyal viewer of this show for years but I can even admit I’m tired of the same old same old each year. At least with other shows like big brother and biggest loser and even I’m a celebrity each year despite the format being changed they still vary the number of contestants or eliminations or even just add something quirky to give the audience a bit of a buzz (e.g housemates choice eviction or the Fitzroy island twist on TBL). Masterchef however has played it safe in terms of its structure. After 3 majorly successful seasons and 1 mediocre from the 2009-2012 seasons, Masterchef butchered the format for series 5 and it didn’t work, they gave us something old yet something new for 6-10 and it proved to work. But this is now the 6th year of this semi-new style “ordinary people extraordinary food” however it’s old now and stale. Masterchef either needs to really jazz things up whilst still maintaining authenticity or accept that it’s ran its race and it may be time to end. However in saying that, Masterchef still is TEN’s highest rating show and is arguably its most successful since big brother. So I have absolutely no idea what 10 would do without it.

Back