Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

Still watching the show but way behind in reading the forum. Trying to catch up a bit today.

I really like Ben, he hasn't been too popular in here though, lol.

I agree about Red and Chloe being judges faves but would add Jess to the top of that list, they help her too much and they baby her quite a bit. She is cute and seems sweet but she plays that up for the judges and cameras and I'm tired of it.

My top 5 would be Sashi, Ben, Kristen, Samira and Brenden. Hoping Sashi will win it all. :)

...my favourite top 5 are Samira/Jess/Kristen/Brendan and Sashi... in that exact order... Gary and George will most likely try to get rid of them in that exact order too because they're the biggest threat to Big Red/Chloe and Ben who will end up as the last three standing I imagine... how pathetic it will be when it happens... I so detest Gary and George with a passion... the pair of lowly Bastards!... cheers.

I'm betting tonight that Ben makes the top 3, and they try and put either Sashi or Reece into the bottom 3.......part of Gary and George's mission to get one of their 3 or 4 pets over the line.
Mind you, Reece and Sashi can use an immunity pin to dodge a pressure test, but the object of tonight will be that either or both are forced to use their pins sooner than they would prefer.
You all know it, Gary and George and maybe Matt too want Big Red and or Chloe and or Ben in that finals week

...I know that it's early but... evenin' all... we just got home from Grafton about an hour ago and I'm at my usual computer... using my usual Internet connection and my usual TV... sitting in my usual computer chair and... LOVING IT!... it's great to be home at last!... but even though I'm home I have to give some special thanks to my dongle... what a superb job it did keeping me connected with you all on my trip... I'm going to recommend that it receives a special Logie next year for services above and beyond the call of duty... what a great little guy!...

...and I see that Charlie and his horse are on tonight... way to go to ruin a show completely... Gary will probably start gnawing on Charlie's ears thinking that they are Jerky or something... until then... cheers.

Welcome home Mr Stickyfingers!
It's sad really when you have to be so cynical about a show you used to love, but when a pile of jam and coconut is deemed to be superior to cinnamon flavoured pops, you know the fix is in.
The 3 of them have form in this area, time for new judges in 2019, and blind tastings too

I'm betting tonight that Ben makes the top 3, and they try and put either Sashi or Reece into the bottom 3.......part of Gary and George's mission to get one of their 3 or 4 pets over the line.
Mind you, Reece and Sashi can use an immunity pin to dodge a pressure test, but the object of tonight will be that either or both are forced to use their pins sooner than they would prefer.
You all know it, Gary and George and maybe Matt too want Big Red and or Chloe and or Ben in that finals week

...as much as I hate to say it but I think that you have written the EXACT script that will be played out over the next few days Evan44 my friend... it is soooooooo bloody obvious what those 2 bastards are up to... if that scenario does play out I will not watch Masterchef again until both Gary and George are off the show... what's the point anymore?... it's not a real competition anymore with the obvious riggings by those 2 mongrels that are so blatant that even blind Freddy can see it yet nobody EVER does a thing about it... as I said... if that scenario plays out then I'm out... and... what a great post Evan44... it is superbly thought out... cheers.

Welcome home Mr Stickyfingers!
It's sad really when you have to be so cynical about a show you used to love, but when a pile of jam and coconut is deemed to be superior to cinnamon flavoured pops, you know the fix is in.
The 3 of them have form in this area, time for new judges in 2019, and blind tastings too

...thanks my friend... it really is great to be back home lol!... and... I couldn't agree with you more Evan44... I so loved this show when I first started to watch it a few seasons back but now it sickens me to my core... when this season started I thought that they had such a brilliant line-up this year and loved them all... but that didn't last did it?... within the first few nights it reverted back to the same old story as in past seasons that on the 3rd or 4th nights we already began seeing the predatory actions of Gary and George setting in and that they had chosen this seasons 'pretty young things' in the forms of Big Red and Chloe... yet again... due to Gary and George's usual actions they have basically forced us to dislike those two girls so much...

...I actually feel sorry for Big Red and Chloe... us disliking them wasn't originally their faults... they are both consequences of their own actions because of being Gary and George's latest victims of folly... Big Red was just like the rest of them in the first few days... then she realised that she was one of the 'chosen ones'... sadly once she realised this she started to play up to them and started gushing like a little girl and fluttering her eyelashes and flirting with them with her girly girly girly giggles and smiles... it then became obvious that she had studied intensely Tamara's season and decided to keep on going down the same track... sadly for her she succumbed to the temptation of being one of Gary and George's pets... hence for my intense dislike of her...

...Chloe is a totally different kettle of fish... I actually feel that she is totally oblivious to being seen as one of their pets to be honest... Chloe is nothing like Big Red basically because I think that she's totally clueless in almost everything that is going on around her... she's not seeing what Gary and George are doing I don't believe... she probably thinks that she's scraped through by sheer luck alone such is her being so clueless... I don't dislike Chloe at all... I just hate it that Gary and George are rigging it for her to survive each time... she is not a good cook at all... she's probably more bewildered on how she's still there more than realising what is actually going on methinks!...

...Big Red is playing on being one of the 'chosen ones'... Chloe is clueless and is just continuing on her "Masterchef journey' as she would normally... to me... those are the differences between them two... so what about Ben you ask?...

...Ben is a pretty good 'cook'... but he actually thinks that he is a 'Chef'... his ego feeds into that belief... he has studied past seasons and has learned how to 'talk the talk'... he has polished and refined his words for years... both while cooking and 'commentating' on camera... he very rarely says anything much from the gantry above because he sees that as a weakness area... he has studied past series and I wouldn't pass him actually reading even THESE Forums on what NOT to do to be honest... Gary and George lap it up when Ben speaks in that dreary monotone voice as he does because he is speaking well rehearsed routines of speech as far as I'm concerned...

...I bet that if someone took the time to watch this entire season and wrote down every single sentence that Ben has ever uttered and then watched all past seasons of Masterchef then he would have quoted almost every word that he has uttered so far this season... Ben speaks in a slow monotonous voice because he's remembering his 'well rehearsed lines' from all past shows... the lines that both Gary and George love so much... Ben has well and truly done his homework methinks!... just as Big Red has done... Chloe is still totally clueless...

...I totally cannot stand Big Red and Ben because they are both using the system... I just dislike Chloe BECAUSE of Gary and George... I have no dislike of her because of anything that she has done... she's a lousy cook and should have been ousted out at near the beginning of the season... it's not her fault that she wasn't that's all... so to me... they are the differences between Big Red/Ben and Chloe... sorry about this turning into a short novel folks!... cheers.

...I know that it's early but... evenin' all... we just got home from Grafton about an hour ago and I'm at my usual computer... using my usual Internet connection and my usual TV... sitting in my usual computer chair and... LOVING IT!... it's great to be home at last!... but even though I'm home I have to give some special thanks to my dongle... what a superb job it did keeping me connected with you all on my trip... I'm going to recommend that it receives a special Logie next year for services above and beyond the call of duty... what a great little guy!...

...and I see that Charlie and his horse are on tonight... way to go to ruin a show completely... Gary will probably start gnawing on Charlie's ears thinking that they are Jerky or something... until then... cheers.
Very glad that you’re home safely.

Oh yes, I think Sarah, like Tamara in 2017, plays it up for the cameras, she's the only one who does. The rest of them just act naturally, as if there were no cameras there.
I don't dislike Ben, he's obviously a good cook, but I don't think he's on the level of the other 4 boys still in the competition[DOUBLEPOST=1530435380][/DOUBLEPOST]If I was to pick a dark horse, it'd be Samira - very little fuss about her, but she's solid in the challenges and the team things.

Another interesting stat - I don't think Sashi has yet been in one pressure test or elimination, and the 2 Reece has been in were at the very start of this season, he hasn't been in any since then.[DOUBLEPOST=1530437249][/DOUBLEPOST]The fact that Sashi and Reece keep ending up in the same team is curious in itself, or maybe it's just the luck of the draw

Back