Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

I think the reason Ben's been in so many eliminations and pressure tests was to distract people from what Gary, George and Matt have been intending to do all season................Ben's their next Andy Allen, Ben's marketable in their eyes

At least Andy Allen was semi attractive and had a personality. I can understand the marketability there. Ben, on the other hand, has neither.

And I HATED Andy Allen

Oh you absolute turds!!!

It's so sickening the way Ben wasn't even considered to be in danger. "Who is in trouble? Sashi! Jess! Sashi! Jess!"
And then it was time to smash the dreams of an incredibly talented and sweet 19 year old. Fun times.
"Don't worry, Reynold only came 4th too!" In other words, don't worry, we ALWAYS get it wrong, why should this year be any different?

...if the 2nd half of this show tonight is a 'Masterclass' then I'm out once either Sashi or my sweet Jess are gone... cheers.

Me too. I don't like Masterclass at the best of tomes, but the idea of Ben droning his way through it and the moment when I saw Big Red bound through the doors... it's all too raw.
(I did enjoy seeing Aldo jump into someone's arms like a huge puppy though).

Am I missing anything, I changed the channel after they punted the lovely Jess.
Is there really any point watching tomorrow night and Tuesday, Ben's as good as won the whole thing, I suppose Sashi and Khahn are competing for who comes 2nd to Gary's boy.

I'm still holding out hope that Khanh wins. I don't think the judges are that keen on Sashi, they always pick minor faults.
It all depends on whether Ben stuffs up monumentally, and if there's a guest judge who will tell the truth. Like Shannon Bennett, but they are wasting him on masterclass tonight.

I'm still holding out hope that Khanh wins. I don't think the judges are that keen on Sashi, they always pick minor faults.
It all depends on whether Ben stuffs up monumentally, and if there's a guest judge who will tell the truth. Like Shannon Bennett, but they are wasting him on masterclass tonight.

Khanh is definitely most deserving of the win and his only real competition left when Reece was eliminated. It's no secret I love Sashi. And I feel like Sashi lifts for battles with Khanh. So that's what I want to see. Not some white privileged guy win. It's 2018.

Am I missing anything, I changed the channel after they punted the lovely Jess.
Is there really any point watching tomorrow night and Tuesday, Ben's as good as won the whole thing, I suppose Sashi and Khahn are competing for who comes 2nd to Gary's boy.

...after yet another night of total anal shafting of us poor stupid gullible viewers I'm at a point whereas my hopeful side wants me to watch the last two episodes of this in the vain hope that either Khahn or perhaps even Sashi miraculously wins this in spite of Gary and George (which we all know won't happen) or... my cynical and logical side of me tells me not to bother and to spare myself the heartbreak of seeing yet two others that we love and respect get shafted too... I'm thinking to myself "why put myself through it yet another two times and suffer the humiliation from Gary and George any further?... why be a glutton for punishment yet again?"... so... I'm seriously contemplating in not bothering to watch the last two shows so if I'm not on tomorrow night then don't be surprised... I'm really over the Gary/George and Ben show... I really am... cheers.

Khanh is definitely most deserving of the win and his only real competition left when Reece was eliminated. It's no secret I love Sashi. And I feel like Sashi lifts for battles with Khanh. So that's what I want to see. Not some white privileged guy win. It's 2018.

I didn't want to play the race card as, like you I thought that it being 2018, it wouldn't even enter the minds of the judges and production team. But it really does seem to be playing out that way - allow some ethnic diversity, but keep them on a tight leash and cut them loose before the finale, trying to make it look like there wasn't a pre-determined white male winner all along. For crying out loud - he cooks fish, and fish, and fish. Without much technique, and for some reason they wet themselves over it.

Tamara was bad enough, Ben is actually worse, Ben is being shoved down our throats even more than Tamara was. When I saw that the 2nd hour of the show last night, the final masterclass of the year, was basically being narrated by Ben, I switched over to Jack Irish on the ABC.
Our last remaining hope for Tuesday night is Heston Blumenthal, maybe he will judge more fairly between Ben and Sashi or Khahn than Gary and George, then again like most on Facebook, I think I know who is going to "win" this year.

Also, on the Masterchef Facebook page, they've put up something highlighting the achievements of past Masterchef contestants and what they've gone on to do - the obvious ones of course are Julie Goodwin, Poh, Adam Liaw, Callum, Marion, Matt Sinclair, Justine Schofield. They actually included Reece from this year in that list, which is nice to see..............he's working with Julie Goodwin and he's about to start teaching cooking classes in Newcastle, so good for him, he's a nice bloke.
But, Mr Stickyfingers, you'll love this, the powers that be consider Tamara as a Masterchef success story........yep, knew you'd love that one LOL

...after yet another night of total anal shafting of us poor stupid gullible viewers I'm at a point whereas my hopeful side wants me to watch the last two episodes of this in the vain hope that either Khahn or perhaps even Sashi miraculously wins this in spite of Gary and George (which we all know won't happen) or... my cynical and logical side of me tells me not to bother and to spare myself the heartbreak of seeing yet two others that we love and respect get shafted too... I'm thinking to myself "why put myself through it yet another two times and suffer the humiliation from Gary and George any further?... why be a glutton for punishment yet again?"... so... I'm seriously contemplating in not bothering to watch the last two shows so if I'm not on tomorrow night then don't be surprised... I'm really over the Gary/George and Ben show... I really am... cheers.

This is me......back about 10 series......it is too subjective, no way to know how it is being manipulated....and they make it too stressful
It isn't good for me
I can only watch bits, it is time for Gary and George to retire

Back