Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

I guess the only reason to keep watching is to see how the judges get their boy Ben into the finale, and which better cooks get eliminated so that can occur.
Very Machiavellian of Gary and George and Matt.

...sadly... that's now probably the only reason as to why some of us are watching this now... (myself included to be honest)... what's the point of cheering your favourites on anymore?... the part that really shits me about this is the fact that Gary and George are always playing us for the fools that they think we are... they don't even bother to hide what they're doing anymore... they consider themselves immune to any signs of their wrongdoings... they need to go to keep the show fresh and renewed... THEY NEED TO GO!... cheers.

...I wouldn't call it 'hate' for either Chloe or Ben shadow2... especially for Chloe (in my case at least)... I actually like Chloe... I just 'hate' the fact that Gary and George have done their usual seasonal stunt and have favoured 2 or 3 of the contestants again this year with Chloe/Ben and earlier in the series Sarah... Sarah has been gone for a few weeks now because even Gary and George were unable to save her so that left Chloe and Ben... from my own personal point of view I'm always hoping against all hope that both Ben and Chloe fail big time so that even Gary and George cannot save their favourites and perhaps... just perhaps... someone that DESERVES to win it on their own merits alone and because they are the BEST cooks will finally win it and for that reason alone... so no 'hate' from me towards either Chloe or Ben... just hope that fairness will prevail... (as if eh?)...

...Chloe is a cook that works well in group challenges because she is told what to do and just does it... and does it quite well at times... but when she does a challenge on her own she is way below par compared to many others around her both past and present... she is not very good at organising herself and gets flustered easily... Chloe should have gone about 10 eliminations ago (in my opinion anyway) but both Gary and George has 'looked after' her and have 'nursed' her through to this level now... myself and perhaps some others may 'hate' the idea that Chloe is still in the competition because of the way that Gary and George have gone out of their way to keep her in... but no 'hate' for Chloe herself from anyone I don't believe...

...it's the same for Ben... he should have been gone weeks ago too but as others have said on here... they want a guy to win it this year and it looks like Ben has been their 'chosen one' and have protected him all the way through this too shadow2... Ben has obviously watched many past series of Masterchef before now and talks in past cliche's on every sentence that he utters... he doesn't speak naturally... he speaks in well rehearsed sentences from past series and Gary and George just love him for it... hence him being one of their 'chosen ones' (from my point of view anyway)... and hence the probable collective dislike of Ben...

...both Chloe and Ben (as was Sarah) are/were just victims of Gary and George's usual tactics of manipulations to get THEIR favourites to the finish line... whereas Chloe is totally oblivious to what Gary and George are doing for her because she believes that she is still there on her talents alone... Ben and Sarah realised straight away that they were both two of the 'chosen ones' and then they both quite willingly went out of their way to play up to it to ensure that they remained as the 'chosen ones' (as far as I'm concerned anyway)... that's the difference between Chloe to both Ben and Sarah to me at least...

...as I said shadow2... I don't believe that there is any actual 'hate' of Chloe and Ben... but many of us may possibly be 'hating' both Gary and George for doing their same old stunts to ensure that THEIR favourites get through to the final line that's all... but having said all of that shadow2... I do like Chloe... but she should not still be in the competition based solely on her cooking skills... but I've never liked either Ben or Sarah because they use the fact that they are Gary and George's favourites as an advantage and both shouldn't be where they are/were based solely on their respective low 'cooking skills'...

...so no... there's no actually 'hatred' towards any of them from my viewpoint... just a total dislike of the reasons as to why they have got so far and are still there for the wrong reasons that's all... there have been at least 3 occasions where Ben should have gone by now... even more for Chloe but they are still there so................ cheers.
Thanks Sticky for the reply. I believe for eliminations they should do a blind tasting, because the judges do favour some over others.

Thanks Sticky for the reply. I believe for eliminations they should do a blind tasting, because the judges do favour some over others.

...no worries shadow2 my friend... I'm just sorry that it turned into a short novel in the end lol!... but yes... proper blind tests where Gary and George get no clues from the production crew as to who cooked what would save this show methinks!... that would take their abilities to play God completely away from them and would make it a true and fair competition but sadly that probably wouldn't happen methinks!... lol!... but no worries my friend... cheers.

...they're giving George from Masterchef a massive serve tonight on HYBPA lol!... I might re-watch the replay just to enjoy the experience again lol!... cheers.

Oh my, what an absolute CROCK!
I actually thought it was possible Ben might be going tonight, having left off two essential components which the chef said were vital. Yet somehow this was all swept under the carpet and not even mentioned, and it was "clear cut" that Samira was going home.
So unfair.

Oh my, what an absolute CROCK!
I actually thought it was possible Ben might be going tonight, having left off two essential components which the chef said were vital. Yet somehow this was all swept under the carpet and not even mentioned, and it was "clear cut" that Samira was going home.
So unfair.

...and so fuggin' predictable though... as I said in one of my posts... past contestants have been eliminated for that reason alone... but we ARE talking about Ben aren't we?... a total crock indeed!... cheers.

Where do I find the HYBPA posts?

...we don't actually have an HYBPA thread Beachsands because nobody has started one but sometimes people might post about it in the 'Random Live thread' I guess?... or sometimes we tag the show into the end of threads that we're currently posting in like this sweet lady... cheers.

I feel deflated now. If they are going to rig the result so blatantly, there is absolutely nothing now that can stop Ben sailing through to the top 4, and probably winning. If Sashi is up against him they'll make it a dessert challenge, or some blokey thing that plays to Ben's perceived "strengths".
I've abandoned all illusions that the results are somehow fair.

Sam : "Yes I watch Masterchef... waiting for it to finish so our show can start"

Tom : "You can see George on A Current Affair sometimes too" :D

Back