Skip to main content

Masterchef 2017

...well!... what a magnificent show tonight's was!...tonight ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls... we witnessed a miracle peoples!... I have to admit it... I'm completely stunned!... well done Arum!... (I never thought that we'd ever be allowed by Gary and George to be able to ever be capable of saying that)... ol' snake eyes comes through for us!... lol!... what I loved the most about tonight was Arum's complete humbleness in his win... as with Sarah... always humble!... what a fantastic night of fun with you wonderful people it has been... thanks!... and... hi yet again Logan Lee... lol!... cheers.

Hi again...lol

Oh my god, Arum! did it! Through to finals week, I'm stoked.
As he said, "bloody amazing".

...and his humility and humbleness has no bounds with his win too which is what I love about Arum... he's my only favourite that's left that I picked from day one of the show... so he's my fave alongside Sarah and... Diana just recently... to know that he's straight into finals is mind blowing for me!... go Arum!... cheers.

So chuffed for Arum! He's a very solid cook, nice guy too!
As for bloody Tamara, she was cheering on the guest chef all episode - betcha she was pissed off that Arum got the free pass into finals week and she didn't.
So the princess is in tears tomorrow night? Oh please, please, let her dish be a total disaster and it's so bad that not even Gary and George can praise anything about it.

...and his humility and humbleness has no bounds with his win too which is what I love about Arum... he's my only favourite that's left that I picked from day one of the show... so he's my fave alongside Sarah and... Diana just recently... to know that he's straight into finals is mind blowing for me!... go Arum!... cheers.

Yep, it's great that so many of us are on the same page regarding who the genuine, likeable contestants are, and who are the judges pet show ponies. If only they'd listen, and stop casting the same types over and over again. How much more interesting (and better rating) would this series be if we still had Bryan, and some of the older contestants? It jumped the shark when they manufactured Tamara's return after she should have been off our screens for good.

So chuffed for Arum! He's a very solid cook, nice guy too!
As for bloody Tamara, she was cheering on the guest chef all episode - betcha she was pissed off that Arum got the free pass into finals week and she didn't.
So the princess is in tears tomorrow night? Oh please, please, let her dish be a total disaster and it's so bad that not even Gary and George can praise anything about it.

...tonight's going to be a great sleep for all of us tonight Evan44 lol!... closing our eyes and drifting off to sleep knowing that Tamara's in tears tomorrow night will be just pure heavenly bliss for quite a few of us lol!... cheers.

What an awesome result, and one of the best episodes of the season! Arum's food looked great and his win was well deserved. And Tamara and Eliza not doing well just is the cherry on the top. Silly bloody fruit in a cheese souffle!

It says a lot about this years group of blandies that they were all cheering on the professional chef. The early seasons this show got famous for, was all about the supportive nature the contestants gave each other. I cannot imagine Julie Goodwin willing the professional chef to beat Chris or Po.

I saw a thing earlier from Eloise going on about how she has made life long friendships from this show... life long friendships seem to get lost very quickly when the reality of the competition starts to shine doesn't it?

It says a lot about this years group of blandies that they were all cheering on the professional chef. The early seasons this show got famous for, was all about the supportive nature the contestants gave each other. I cannot imagine Julie Goodwin willing the professional chef to beat Chris or Po.

I saw a thing earlier from Eloise going on about how she has made life long friendships from this show... life long friendships seem to get lost very quickly when the reality of the competition starts to shine doesn't it?
Agree. Its actual tangible evidence of the jumping of the shark for masterchef.
It was initially successful and continued on being so for the unheard of values like support and encouragement instead of jeering or being disparaging which was the standard of most reality shows at the time. It drew people who were largely disenchanted with the prevailing nastiness.
The tide has inevitably turned.
But hey. T'is what it is.
At least our judges love to pantomime it up.
Especially their costumes. So I'll take anything I can get.:D

The dumbest decisions the 3 judges made all season was to bring Tamara back for a 2nd chance, when instead Bryan getting another chance would have instead been more popular with the viewers.
It'd be sweet if the 3 blondes all went home at once, and then the final 4 was Sarah/Arum/Ben/Diana

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/99ba90ea8318bb3efce3f76b4ce8607d

Is the food on MasterChef Australia still warm by the time it’s judged?

JULY 11, 20175:59PM
b527c4b486167b281fbd504cbbafd0c0

Lots of steam in the MasterChef kitchen. But suspiciously none at judging time.

WE’RE down to the pointy end of MasterChef.

After what feels like six months of solid TV and harried contestants throwing every second ingredient into a sous vide, blast chilling to abandon and quinelling like scoops of ice cream were going out of fashion, the MasterChef marathon is almost complete.

The question is, who of the remaining people will take out the trophy. But there’s another question perplexing MasterChef fans.

It’s a perennial conundrum but this week it has taken on a new urgency.

On Monday night’s show, Karlie Verkerk pressed go on her power pin, dubbed the show’s “biggest ever advantage”.

Well, actually, the pin’s super power was merely an extra 15 minutes of cooking time to allow her to caramelise some pineapple rings. X-Men, this is not.

f0e289ac3948c761d19fbd11b16bb1df

Karlie Verkerk’s ‘power pin’ meant her cook had 15 minutes added to it. Just enough for everyone’s else dishes to go cold.Source:Supplied

But the real power seemed to be delaying the judging of everyone else’s food.

MasterChef fans on Twitter wondered why her dish would be allowed to be piping hot when judged while everyone else’s creations would clearly be chilly.

“Does that mean everyone else’s food goes cold for another 15 minutes before serving?,” asked one

DESawXNW0AEiHaI.jpg

Follow
#MasterChefAU

✔@masterchefau

Finally Karlie has played the Power Pin, have the extra 15 minutes paid off? #MasterChefAU

8:19 PM - 9 Jul 201

Follow
Book of Bogan @BookofBogan

So everyone else's dishes have to sit around getting cold while Karlie cheats with her dessertington? #masterchefau

8:17 PM - 9 Jul 2017

Follow
Jennie Geisker @geisker

They need to do a behind the scenes on #masterchefau ! Are all the dishes cold when they eat them. What happens to left over food!

8:20 PM - 9 Jul 2017

It comes following a week in Japan where contestants appeared to be cooking in subzero temperatures, at one point at the base of a snow capped Mount Fuji, while the judges shivered beneath puffer jackets and scarfs.

Would the steaming bowls of warming broth be more like cold gazpacho by the time the judging took place?

Well, the answer is yes. It’s highly likely the food served in Japan was indeed cold.

In fact, every single hot dish is cold by the time it comes to judging.

Have you ever seen steam rise from a dish well being judged?

Former contestant from series four, Alice Zaslavsky, has revealed the truth about the freezing food.

3358c3f66db7babc76af8cc43d9d307a

The judges in Japan. Mosty of the challenges were in the freezing Japanese winter. Picture: Supplied / Channel 10Source:Supplied

She says it’s beyond doubt that the food is cold while judged for the cameras. But it doesn’t matter because George, Matt and Gary may have already made their minds up.

“The judges would walk around and taste the food as soon as the challenge was over, while everything was still hot.

“If you were smart, you’d make a second plate of everything, so they get a complete sense of what you’ve cooked,” Ms Zaslavsky told the Weekly Review.

DECstiXXUAIdoCe.jpg

Follow
#MasterChefAU

✔@masterchefau

Another beautiful day in Japan!
1f44c.png
#MasterChefAU

7:04 PM - 6 Jul 2017

Follow
Helen Young @heyouonline

'How good is Japan!?' Very George, but cooking outside in a high wind on a cold day prob not easiest way to appreciate it #masterchefau

7:24 PM - 2 Jul 2017

Follow
Jennie Geisker @geisker

They need to do a behind the scenes on #masterchefau ! Are all the dishes cold when they eat them. What happens to left over food!

8:20 PM - 9 Jul 2017

Not only would dishes cool, she said, but they would even be put in the fridge between takes and while the crew go for lunch.

“Once you finish cooking, they take your plate away and shoot it with an overhead camera so it looks fresh.

“When your name was called, you’d walk up and put your dish on the bench,” Ms Zaslavsky said.

“The judges put a fork in, eat a mouthful of the cold gloop for the cameras and pretend it’s the first time they’ve tasted it.”

f348e81603d57132c69fff1a94b185a2

Former contestant Alice Zaslavsky says, yes, the food is always cold on MasterChef.Source:Supplied

This delay also accounts for the fact that at the end of the cook the benches are strewn with a debris of sticky bowls and filthy food processors. Yet when the judging occurs, just a second later in TV time, the benches are stripped off everything but the dish.

Judge George Calombaris has backed up Ms Zaslavsky’s account.

“It has always been cold and it always will be cold but we taste everything hot off camera,” he told the Daily Mail.

“At the end of the cook, [viewers] don’t see that — no one sees that apart from the three of us and the executive producer.

3fe06dbb1e70eecb894083194b622c94

By the time MasterChef Australia contestant Sarah Tiong has her food judged, all that hot steam will be a distant memory.Source:Supplied

“We will go around the room and the three of us will taste everything hot out of their pot.”

Calombaris said the close up shots, overhead shots and all the other elements that were involved into making the show took so much time there was little hope the dishes were tepid, let alone hot.

“When you see us tasting at the end — it’s cold but I already know what it tastes like.”

A spokesman for EndemolShine, who make MasterChef Australia for Channel 10, told news.com.au the food’s heat could “vary”.

“The MasterChef judges taste elements of each dish throughout the challenge, giving regular feedback to our contestants. Afterwards there is often a short break before tastings begin so dishes may vary in temperature.”

So maybe the advice to wannabe contestants should be serve a cold non melting dessert for every challenge.

Cupcakes anyone?

...what a great article Isee... thanks for posting it... quite a lot of eye openers for sure lol!...

She says it’s beyond doubt that the food is cold while judged for the cameras. But it doesn’t matter because George, Matt and Gary may have already made their minds up.

...yup!... for sure!... lol!...

So couple of things this article brings up in my mind.

1. Are they tasting the competed dish and getting the flavours all together while hot, ot are they just taste testing things through the cooking process. That seemed a little ambiguous
  2. Is that not just admitting the whole blind taste testing is the BS we know it is??

...I'm so shocked!... NOT!... lol!...

That's the part in that piece that really stood out to me.
Proves what this show has become. A mockery of it's former self.

...so very sadly... I have to agree totally with you Tuttle... it's such a shame that such a great show has lowered itself so far because of them... cheers.

Back