Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Yes, me too. Very pleased. Andy deserved every bit of that win. He studied and worked hard with a practical application of what he'd learned.

Yay..go Andy!
I admit I had a little bit of a giggle to myself when the young guy who had never cooked honeycomb...or icecream..or caramel..beat the vocal self opinionated over achieving dessert queen..at a dessert. (never been a Julia fan, sorry to all of her fans out there). I wonder if she'll take Zumbo up on his offer. Where does she come from? Does she live in the same city as his shop?

Well done Andy. Very pleased at the result.

Is everyone going to watch the Allstars starting tomorrow? I'll be taping it to watch in between the Olympics. I notice grubby Chris is there. I'd rather see Julia, she was a much better cook. (The Julia who was ex-masterchef and is now his partner, not the one who was on tonight)

I figured out the issue with Julia. She has no personality.

Glad Andy won. I think it's a case of, he may actually have some genuine cooking talent, rather than going into the competition a good cook. So he was actually able to learn and excel at it. Where as others just continued being good. Riding on a lot of pre-existing talent.

I think he was willing to listen too, a lot of the others weren't. How many times did we see the chefs give advice on something and the contestants appear to listen but as soon as the chef walked off they did exactly what they had been doing..and then they failed. There were a lot of "I told you so" moments this year.

And am I mistaken in thinking we saw the one and only "10/10" in the finale? I was thinking about it earlier and it seemed like a different type of cooking this year. There was some good cooking but not the spectacular stuff like the dishes that came from Marion or Poh or Adam in previous years. I wonder if the calibre of this years contestants wasn't up to past years. The dishes just seemed a little bit more ordinary this year.

lol...

"What are you making, Andy?" calls TK. "Leave him alone!" Ben bellows, jealously. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" The editors wisely elect not to show us the sight of Ben, enraged at the impudence of those who would ask Andy what he's making, rampaging violently along the balcony.

That was a bit rude of Julia to make fun of the retard?

No I think Julia was sharing what she thought was very funny. Was that her sister? Julia thinks she is very humerous and seems proud of her.

Well done Andy, it was good to see someone with real thirst for knowledge win. Plus I love his personality.

I must say I did think she was taking a risk telling her Matt Merangue joke, you could see her sister was moritified by it.

I ended up reading a live blog of the finale because I couldn't put 2.5 hours in if there was a possibility Julia would win, there would have been damages in my home.

I figured out the issue with Julia. She has no personality.

Ha ha ha, is that what it is, I just couldn't put my finger on it. :rolleyes:

Anyway very glad with the outcome, Andy is a lot more sellable than Julia IMO. I can't believe how far she made it, I was predicting she would be gone ages ago 'oh there's no way she will be in the finals' I nearly had to eat my hat! I was also wondering if a Zumbo apprenticeship would be available to her in Brisbane, can't see her relocating at all.

That lamb of hers was so undercooked it wasn't funny, they wouldn't even try Mindy's fish but they forced that down didn't they? Yeah!

Final thought - Andy's mum is gorgeous :)

I thought Julia's joke about her sister was fine, clearly she has an amazing relationship with her and she would know whether or not she would be offended.

I agree that the food standard was much lower this year.

How damn likeable and endearing is Andy - he's going be their biggest star I reckon, he's so young he will become a great chef with a totally loveable personality.
So enjoyed last night with my 2 favourites in the final, Andy buzzing was real fun to watch.

I've been watching. Is it just me or does it seem like the things they are getting the all stars to cook and the things the all stars cooked during their seasons seem much more complex and complicated technique wise than what we saw in the recent season? The other three seasons seem to have much stonger contestants than the last one.

Back