Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Do you know I don't even remember Andy from the early part of the series and when I became aware of him from memory he wasn't a particularly outstanding cook.

Am I remembering this wrong or has he really learnt a lot during his "journey" alcool22.gif

The thing is Julia can not win. Ben has a chance to win. I don't quite understand his elimination. Did he do anything wrong? No. He just didn't have a clear concept/idea for his dish. Julia actually got things wrong and bad.

I knew as soon as Andy won that the bromance was doomed

Definitely doomed now. It would be interesting to see what happens. Ben was the alpha of the pair, I wonder if the bromance will survive his being beaten by Andy. I don't think he saw that coming.

Do you know I don't even remember Andy from the early part of the series and when I became aware of him from memory he wasn't a particularly outstanding cook.

Am I remembering this wrong or has he really learnt a lot during his "journey" View attachment 27542

He wasn't outstanding. He was a bit of a plodder and stayed in the background, never great food but not usually bad enough to be in eliminations. I think he has improved out of sight during the series and I think he'll keep getting better. People like Ben and Julia I think are doomed to stay exactly at the level they are. Neither of them seems to have got any better. Ben still can't match his meals up and is still serving meat and veg and Julia still can't cook mains.

I really think Andy could win this. If he does, he'll fit right in with the branding of MC winner too.

Ben's leaving bit said something about how he hopes to go into (food) business with Andy, imo that kind of depends on whether Andy wins or not.

TV Week said that Andy was interested in one of the contestants who got eliminated early. I don't remember her at all (Dom).

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what order they get picked off Ben was never going to be in the top 2/3 and I'd be shocked if Julia was.

Hey - I remember Andy, he's been a fantastic leader, one of THE BEST, and that pub challenge he did with Sam was a monster in Tassie.
He's allways been efficient and sensible when others were falling apart, he's also sweet and kind and sharing.

Anyway, I think he's very talented but is intimidated by the women, and all that carry on - just beat Mindy at least. She keepws going on about Bendy, put her in her place.
And Andy would be better off losing Ben, who is 10 years older and will hold him back.

I can't really remember anyone's dishes being anything I'm all that interested in or impressed by, just the way Audra did that pear on top of a tart.........but I skim watch, and often don't see the dishes at the end.

Why would a 31 year old hold back a 23 year old.

I agree that Andy appears to be a nice guy, very laid back and sensible, well that is how they are editing him anyway.

Well re holding back - Andy is still an apprentice, he could switch that to a food apprenticeship, he has all kinds of possibilities and 10 years to mess around and gain experience. He is a better cook and capable of going much further than Ben in fine dining if he wants to.

It is never too late to switch careers we have Mental Health Post Grad students aged in their 50's come through my work and certainly 31 years old (Ben's age) is not too old.

They are both home cooks they both could do an apprenticeships. Ben has a bit more life experience to offer Andy, they both seem nice guys and would work well together I think.

If I have to listen to Julia complaining one more time about not my forte or I missed out because I really wanted this dessert or that meat cut I will scream. Learn to adapt would you!

Slight shenanigans I say, you could see in George's face from the get go he was gunning for Ben to go over Julia. I was so excited she was stuffing it all over the place and then they cut to Ben plodding it up in the background and I went Noooooooooooooooooo Ben you bloody plonker pull it together or you are out!

Hopefully the unmitigated disaster tonight is Julia.

I'm hoping for that as well.

Question, do you think that they showed some footage of her and her sister last night to try and gain some appreciation from the public?

Yeah that was really random, wasn't it! I don't know why they showed that footage.

I do. Recently I had to spend two weeks away and didn't see my family for the first week. That was hard enough but it became really hard after I saw them briefly and then had to go back to not seeing them again. I kind of like Julia. But she is restricted as a cook.

I wasn't a Mindy fan but that was bullsh*t. At least she had the guts to let them know her fish was possibly under cooked and the rest of her meal looked delicious, actually the fish made me salivate all that yummy caramelisation. Julia also took it on the chin when they told her they could tell she had run out of time. Audra on the other hand evaded the questions and tried to cover up, besides her meal looked way too simple in comparison.

Audra didn't even cook anything. It's got me beat how you beat other contestants in a cooking competition by not cooking.

Exactly, she thinly sliced a bit of fish and knocked up a few dressings that she would have been able to make in half an hour if she really needed too.

It's a bit ironic really..Mindy got eliminated for serving raw fish...and Audra, who beat her, served - raw fish.

Back