Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Man I am calling shenanigans again! I am perhaps a little biased, but how on earth was robo-Julia's boring ass cake a demonstration of skills learned throughout the competition! So Alice's dish is a little off but actually does show that she has learnt new technique's and she is the one to get turfed.

I honestly do not think she has shown much improvement over the course of the show. She better not get into the final 2 / 3 (I am still hoping her wooden personality will count against her winning)

Not happy Jan (even though I knew what was going to happen anyway)

I'm with you ichi, was this the same syrup cake that sank in the middle in a previous challenge and she said it was supposed to do that? Hey, hey judges, where was your question for that!!!

I'm with you ichi, was this the same syrup cake that sank in the middle in a previous challenge and she said it was supposed to do that? Hey, hey judges, where was your question for that!!!

Excellent point and I think you're right about it being the same cake.

PS..I loved the way her husband said he had really missed that dish (the cake with icecream) even after she had said she had never ever served it to him with icecream. Just goes to show he takes no notice of what she cooks anyway.

TV Tonight Poll
Who will win MasterChef 2012?

Don't know (32%)

Audra (23%)

Mindy (20%)

Kylie (10%)

Andy (9%)

Ben (3%)

Julia (3%)

I'll vote with the majority and say I don't know. I really have no clue - it could be anyone.

Mindy's name is Melinda, well that is what her dad called her.

I've just caught up on a couple of days worth, I thought Adrian Z's cake was hideous too, not clever but messy and ugly. It reminded me of Kindy craft.

I agree re the plating up, overall they are nowhere near as good at it as last years contestants.

All the raw meat makes me feel ill, & it's always "perfectly cooked" even though it's red. Bleurgh.

That meat wasn't perfectly cooked last night. The centre was blue (still raw). About 1cm in from the edges was pink but it wasn't like that all the way through. I can eat medium rare meat, no problems but I couldn't have eaten that last night. Not the middle bit anyway.

I don't know if anyone watched the Living Room after masterchef but they had the same butcher from Victor Churchill on that too. They showed his shop. That aged tbone was about $96 kg (yes $96 - that's not a typo) and that was a 1kg piece..so a cool hundred bucks they had on that plate. It would want to be tender.

I did wonder why Gary went to all that trouble of getting his custard for the ice cream to 75 degrees to sterilise it (kill the bacteria in the eggs) only to strain it back into the bowl that he'd mixed the raw eggs into. Did you see him tip the mix into the saucepan too cook it then put the bowl in the ice ready to tip the cooked custard into to cool? It surprised me he didn't use a clean bowl.

I also couldn't help but wonder what Matt would have said if one of the contestants got a tin of baked beans, mixed them with some milk and cream, blended them and served them up to him. I don't really think he'd be as excited about it as he was about the ones he cooked last night.

So no one else thought Kylies winning Zumba creation resembled a big warty, clap infected Shrek penis?? :rolleyes:

I thought it was more like a really crappy dalek bride - little head piece and veil on top was nice, all the rest of it was hideous.
Julia was robbed.

I just love Andy, he keeps trying to avoid rolling his eyes at all the wank going on around him; and julia both of them can't stomach all the MC bullshit and I love them for that.

So Alice I ended up liking. Way too peppy etc, but she's a decent person.
So apparently she's working at Attica - yum, yum, yum. I had a snack there - that was all I could afford at the time. That place is gorgeous.
She also taught at Hailbury, that is a very, very good private school in Melbourne. She has to be an excellent teacher - they don't employ anything less.

I defo wanted Alice to stay over Julia, she better go tonight or tomorrow or I will be super unimpressed. However judging by the ad for tonight where she is bawling because once again she can't cook anything well other than dessert (and that is debatable) she will go through in number one spot, "oh Julia you're amazing"! PS she was rocking the Poh blusher last night!

I am loving Andy now so I hope he or Mindy win, Mindy purely for the fact that she has arguably performed the best throughout the competition, Andy because he has come along in leaps and bounds.

RE Kylie's centre piece, why oh why didn't she do some sort of swirling linear pattern around the cone? Don't just stick lumps on in random spots you idiot!

PPS I haz a bad case of Mondayitis if you cannot tell from the slightly vehement post

I think I need to get my eyes checked, I didn;t think the cake centrepeices looked that bad LOL!!! Although in hindsight, a cake toped with a foam cone topped with profiteroles is not outstanding!!!!

I felt bad for Kylie last night, she was goiong along really well and was so in control. But I could see that when she put the egg whites into her bowl that they were over whipped.

The chef was nice last night with her - I like when they can see potential in a contestant and offer them work.

It wasn't really clear what Guillaume was offering her, was it. A job? Work experience? In the end it looked like it was only a days work experience. She didn't look particularly overwhelmed at the offer, did she. I would have expected much more reaction than that if he was offering a job. An actual job offer would have been massive. His pastry chef didn't look all that thrilled to have her there, did she!

Yeah, at first I thought he was offering more than she did. It seemed like she is doing experience with a number of people.

On the ads for tonight it appears that Julia is upset when she presents her dish.

^ Yeah Kylie was just offered work epxerience at Bennelong not an actual job.

And I saw Julia bawling too but as I said earlier that just means she wins again grrrrrrrrr

Yeah, I noticed that Julia was upset in tonights previews too. I think it's a steak cook off by the sound of it. I was a bit disappointed Kylie went last night (even though I knew she would from the top 5 spoiler). I think if she hadn't overwhipped those egg whites then it might have been Audra who was eliminated. I don't think Audra should be there, she's a professional cook. It didn't bother me before but now she's in the top 5 then it's time she went.

I'm going Andy for the win.

Tonight's elimination was rather sad. I mean I never thought Ben would win it but I still found it rather emotional. My two favourites have gone two days in a row. I hope Andy wins it now (although I think unfortunately Audra will)

Back