Skip to main content

Martin Place evacuated, hostages held at Lindt Cafe

If Seven hadn't stolen Marcia Mikhael from Nine at the eleventh hour, they would have had no chance at producing anything decent - their entire program ended up hinging on her because Viswakanth and Puspendu gave me the impression they weren't really paying attention to what was happening and so they couldn't give any specifics and all their other survivors were one's that had escaped very early on.

Nine had the right people that let them get two views of each of the main events, so you knew you weren't getting one person's warped memory and were actually getting an idea of what really did happen. Though because the mother and daughter were together right at the end, they were really only one view and they clearly had no idea what happened to Marcia and Katrina at that time, which we got through Seven's interview.

Last edited:
With a computer. O_O :confused: :angelic:
Okay pretend you are talking to a mental defective.

And pretend I have no idea what I need to click in order to watch it.

Is it possible for me to click on something to make the whole episode play?

Is it possible for me to click on something to make the whole episode play?
It's on 60minutes Jump-in site, but the parts are not in the correct order. They do that to shove an ad at you for each part you watch.

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/stories/2015/january/shout/the-siege-survivors-part-1/

Other than, ahem, methods we can post links to, no, there is no single click link to play all parts automatically in the correct order.

Sorry, petal. :kiss:

Reactions: Tee
Both specials are on YouTube.

However since we cannot link to anything anywhere, here are some random characters. Do with them what you will. ;)
iArsxbx_oJc
GOhQCFZR3pE

How exactly would I need to type that into Youtube?

1. No results for iArsxbx_oJc GOhQCFZR3pE.

PM me babe, I have gone a whole year without a ban, it would be a shame to break my run of good behaviour ;)

Aware as I am of the intentions released in the Lindt statement;

Each person deals with their grief differently. The re-opening of the cafe will probably bring about different reactions.

As a result, I guess it doesn't matter what they do with the premises. Sections of the community will have difficulty with whatever they do with it. IE:

Move the cafe to another premises.
Setup a small memorial inside keeping the Lindt cafe open.
No memorial inside.
Memorial outside (eg plaque on wall)
Keep the interior design the same.
Change the interior design.

No matter which of the above, or combination thereof, I can see where any number of people would have difficulty with it, and that's normal. :angelic: :shy:

...I guess that Lindt are damned if they do and damned if they don't... but in the end... I respect just how much thought and caring that they are putting out there in regards to this tragic event... my own personal belief is that they should re-open it as it was just as a commemoration of the two people that fell there... they should try to go back to being as close to 'business-as-normal' as they used to be and soldier on with it...

...just because one misguided individual did what he did shouldn't stop what was because of his insane reactions at that time... in regards to the 'morbid fascination' and the difficulty of some people in being able to go back in there part of it... time always slowly heals wounds in the end...

...look at the massacre at Port Arthur in Tasmania... if I remember correctly ... they had a plaque that mentioned the massacre on such and such date and of who fell but made no mention whatsoever of the name of the idiot that killed those people... perhaps that is what should happen at the cafe'... a plaque or memorial outside of the cafe' with the date and time and of the people that died in it but have no mention of the idiot that did it... that way he dies in oblivion as a nothing... that would've really pissed him off if he knew that prior to what he did I believe...

...we... or anybody else should NEVER let people like that win in the end at all costs no matter what the situation is or was in my humble opinion... anyhow... they are my thoughts on the whole thing regardless... cheers.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, would Lindt still be paying wages to the Martin Place staff? So the staff still have a bit money to spend. I've never worked at Lindt so I don't know if they've Casual, Part Time or Full Time staff. If you're Casual, I guess you don't get paid if you don't work.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, would Lindt still be paying wages to the Martin Place staff? So the staff still have a bit money to spend. I've never worked at Lindt so I don't know if they've Casual, Part Time or Full Time staff. If you're Casual, I guess you don't get paid if you don't work.

... that's a really good point maggot007... I think that Lindt would pay all of them to tide them over to stay on their good side and also to make it look good to the media and public alike... after all I think that those hostages would be seeking some sort of trauma compensation eventually wouldn't they?... I don't really know how it all works so it's just theory on my part... the last thing that Lindt would want after all of that is bad publicity on how they treated the hostages afterwards I would think... still... a good question... cheers.

Back