Skip to main content

LOVE ISLAND UK, series 4

I watched up to episode 19 last night, but it is a blur......I may have been half asleep, oh well
And I am skipping the highlights end of week shows

All i can really recall is Adam is up to no good, and i don't care, go for it, he is nice to look at

Have you managed to view much yet @Affable???

@sav0001 you are up to date with UK, right???
Trying to catch up to there so I can read all the gossip

I watched up to episode 19 last night, but it is a blur......I may have been half asleep, oh well
And I am skipping the highlights end of week shows

All i can really recall is Adam is up to no good, and i don't care, go for it, he is nice to look at

Have you managed to view much yet @Affable???

@sav0001 you are up to date with UK, right???
Trying to catch up to there so I can read all the gossip

I am up to ep 40 the latest episode on 9Now. We are about 38 hours behind the UK.

Reactions: kxk
I have finished episode 16! I am kind of addicted. Could watch it all day and get nothing done.

I am crossing my fingers for Alex. And it looks like Wes and Laura aren't going to last much longer. Adam is not trustworthy but he proved that in the beginning. I began to see a nice side to him when he distracted Eyal so Alex could talk to Megan. But then he is back to being an asshole when it comes to Rosie. He didn't even apologise to her, just had a stupid smirk on his face when she told him she felt used and hurt. Also, the type of guy that says you pushed me to make moves on another girl is just trash. At least own your actions.

I don't think any of these couple will last, quite unlike the previous series....
I am up to 21
I do love Alex.....but the guy is rather hmm, boring.
I like Eyol but he is kind of naughty, I like how he speaks
I didn't like Rosie much and most of the women are forgettable
Adam is getting away with murder, but I don't care much

Can't stand Dani...Jack, is that cockney, what is that accent?
Can't understand much that comes out of her mouth

A couple of interesting articles .....

The problem with Love Island – by the people who turned it down
More than 100,000 people applied to appear on the hit show – but a surprising number were approached by producers and said no. What put them off?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...em-with-love-island-people-who-turned-it-down

My Love Island excuses ring as hollow as its stars' heads. At least I'm not alone

Rhik Samadder
Millions of us have been seduced by the show, despite its vapidity. TV has never just been about what we’re watching, but who we’re watching it with
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...llow-as-its-stars-heads-at-least-im-not-alone

Ok, so this is a little embarrassing, but I have basically binge watched the whole lot up to episode 46 minus the catch up shows. I skipped parts of the challenges though, especially the food ones where they had to spit food into other peoples mouths. Gross!

Well done you guys up t0 date. I struggle to get thru 2 episodes a night.......turned off last night getting almost 3 down, then they did that spew food challenge..........utterly revolting.....I would refuse to participate in that diseased task...
It was just getting juicy too, lots of break-ups and musical partners....

People I cannot stand.....Dani.
Tatty air hostess, Laura I think, she shits me, most of the females suck,
Samira is my girl fave I think.

Alex .....in theory I like him, but he is making it difficult

I still like Adam, I don't care that he dumps girls....I would have too

I am up to the Casa Amore first stage, and Eyol and the wrong girl just got dumped, that was funny how mismatched the girls v boys dumps were

Woohoo, I have finally waded past the 20s, at episode 31 at last

It is action packed, isn't it.
Casa Amor recoupling was epic....Dani sure is a rough girl, and dumb, all her fault that Georgia didn't give the new cutie a whirl.....forever in G's ear PROMISING her guy would be loyal, and she just wanted company on couches

I was curious about who the famous Dad of Dani is.....never heard of him, apparently he has been in Eastenders and Coronation St, so no way I would have seen him.
And he has made obscure Brit films....

pictures.aspx

DAD LOOKS LIKE A WANKER......
794fbd9083789853e0765e14c1b692f7--danny-odonoghue-film-awards.jpg

OOOOO Lookie he is hated .....and must also be popular of course or he wouldn't be working

(Wow below is funny Filmgirl DETESTS him and Ray Winston who I have heard of is his Dad)

FILMGIRLSAYS - Why I HATE Danny Dyer...

Google image this man. There are loads of pictures like this. Strangely NOT of De Niro though.

Danny Dyer is, as far as I’m concerned, a talentless, cringe-worthy, embarrassment to the British Film Industry. He is Chief Cretin Numero Uno, in a rag-tag bunch of modern day terrible British ‘actors and actresses’. “Hey, Dyer”, I’d say to him, – “last time I looked acting was considered a ‘craft’, not something you do just because you’re from London and you think you’re the dogs bollocks”. (You can’t blame him, I suppose – Ray Winstone, Dyer’s fat father, has a lot to answer for. A man so powerfully inept, he can ruin a Scorsese picture, single handedly and in one scene - as anyone who has seen ‘The Departed’ will surely agree.)

Winstone in 'Sexy Beast' - (No, I haven't watched it either)

Clearly lacking any discernable talent, charisma or star quality, how Dyer, the 33 year old Eastender, has managed to carve out any form of paid acting work is beyond me - let alone how he has a massed a small army of female fans, with that over exposed, frankly portly frame and ratty looking face. His cliché laden 'wide-boy' vocabulary and relentless tendency to turn up and ‘play himself’ makes a complete mockery of the acting profession. Just one look at his repugnant face tells you Dyer has precisely no emotional intelligence whatsoever and most likely cobwebs where his brains should have been.

But it’s not just Dyer I have issues with to be honest. There is a whole plethora of useless morons out there masquerading as ‘actors’ in UK films. Dyer, and his not-particularly-talented-but-inexplicably-famous stable mates, demonstrates the dire state of British film industries 'cream of the crop' acting talent, that have been regularly carted out in the last decade. Case points include; Jason’s Statham and Flemyng, Winstone; Jaime, Sienna Miller, Dexter Fletcher and Vinny Fucking Jones. All as excruciatingly bad as each other and reading like the line up of the latest shit Matthew Vaughn crime thriller. Is this really all this country can offer? The amount of times I see these ‘reocurring collaborations’ does make me question this....

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. One film. 12 years ago.

Mockney/Cockney Guy Ritchie-style efforts at film-making appear to have dominated the UK film industry since the release of ‘Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’ in 1998. That, as far as my opinion goes, is 12 God-awful years of pale imitations of the former half-interesting film, where wannabe hardmen flounce about London, trying and failing to channel the spirit of Michael Caine circa 1971. Dyer, the most singularly depressing fall out of the 'Lock Stock generation', then went on to an implausibly lucky rise of commercial, if not box office, success - with such painfully awfully films as 'The Business' and ‘Football Factory’.

Shame he didn't go for his throat. I would've.

Dyer’s name is one that attached to any project, in my mind at least, conjures up images of most probably debauched, certainly uncouth, undoubtedly useless, no-budget jokes of films that represent everything that is abysmal, shameful and empty about the current UK film industry. If this deviant ‘heartthrob’ and extraordinarily bad ‘film actor’ is really considered by the mainstream as the best this island has to offer, then please, kill me now.

Daughter is like Dad......she creeps me out
Galloping thru now, far more interesting ......I found the first 20 rather plodding
Up to 42, and determined to get up to date so i can chat with @FatPants and @sav0001 .....and where are you at @Affable ???

Samira going sucks, she was my favourite girl....most of the girls I find unlikable......can't stand ellie, would prefer Charlie crack on to Georgia or anyone......woohoo we just learnt Charlie is a millionaire and we have no idea of who/what he is like, he has been kind of burried.

Galloping thru now, far more interesting ......I found the first 20 rather plodding
Up to 42, and determined to get up to date so i can chat with @FatPants and @sav0001 .....and where are you at @Affable ???

Samira going sucks, she was my favourite girl....most of the girls I find unlikable......can't stand ellie, would prefer Charlie crack on to Georgia or anyone......woohoo we just learnt Charlie is a millionaire and we have no idea of who/what he is like, he has been kind of burried.

I am up to episode 53 now. There are only 3 episodes left, it finishes this Tuesday. This season has been really popular with each week rating higher than the week before. I wish ours was as good as this one but I think there is no hope of that with Alex M in charge of the show.

Watching the latest episode, I am so over Alex. At this point I can't see anyone other than Dani and Jack winning.

I finished episode 52. It made me laugh out loud in quite a few places.

I am over Alex as well. He gives good advice to other people regarding relationships but can't seem to do the same for his own.

I love Samira as well. I don't get why the guys didn't go for her? I also don't understand everyone's attraction to Laura?

Episode 53 is now up. I will watch tomorrow. Briefly watched the opening sequence and I think we are going to hate Alex by the end of it.

I am aiming to be up to date by late tonight/early am, at 46 and it is ripping entertainment, quite action packed last week/days

I love Georgia, I can't help it, I know she is a bit of a brat......there just isn't any other female that is likeable, Laura should just go home, who the fuck is voting for her? And I do not think it is fair that exes get to vote people off , hugely biased bullshit

I am only one episode behind, at 53
It is kind of limping along to an end

So different from the last season, couples were mostly established early, with just maybe 2 floaters coupling nearer the end
There was a nice happy vibe mostly, a lot of fun friendships turning to comedy. It was much more bubbly and resembling BB

Finally up to date for the finale

Has anyone else noticed UK boys have fucked up eyebrows?
They are just about all of them way over manicured/tweezed; possibly some tattooing going on, definitely amongst the females
And someone got hold of Sam and fixed his terrible brows now

Oh dear Alex, should never have done this show, everything about him is wrong for this
I suspect I am a bit like Alex, certainly when young I was
Too much in my head and awkward........these days totally in my head in a more determined/confident way

These final people are very unlikable

Finally up to date for the finale

Has anyone else noticed UK boys have fucked up eyebrows?
They are just about all of them way over manicured/tweezed; possibly some tattooing going on, definitely amongst the females
And someone got hold of Sam and fixed his terrible brows now

Oh dear Alex, should never have done this show, everything about him is wrong for this
I suspect I am a bit like Alex, certainly when young I was
Too much in my head and awkward........these days totally in my head in a more determined/confident way

These final people are very unlikable
I still have 53 to go.

And yes the boys are getting their eyebrows waxed! I don't like overly manicured brows on boys. Can't remember what Sams brows look like. Will have to keep an eye out.

I think Alex was complaining that Alexandra was moving too fast simply because he was not that into her. I think he was using it as an excuse.

I am not that invested in who wins unlike the Aussie edition.

When is the next episode loaded at 9Now?
We have the Sunday dump a couple show to go, then the finale from tonight

Alex was mistmatched all the way through....he needed an older Georgia bubbly type to bring him out more, or a younger version of Old Laura.....who seems so much older and wiser than everyone
Dr Alex seemed to turn into a turd once he found out the public liked him

Meanwhile EYAL has been cast in another dating show, CELEBS GO DATING

Last edited:
Back