Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

Has he given the cash back?

That would need to be his first step to being taken seriously......give her the money or go away

Win her back? Does he seriously think he can have two girlfriends?
Well, he is saying he broke up with the original girlfriend just before he went on Love Island. But I think he lied to Taylor about having a serious girlfriend before going on the show? In any case even if he didn't break up with original girlfriend before going on Love Island I am pretty sure they wouldn't be together anymore anyway.

Grant is an idiot and Tayla is better off without him. I bet right about now she is wishing she kept the whole $50,000 for herself.

‘I’m heartbroken’: Love Island winners Tayla Damir and Grant Crapp have broken up
JUST two weeks after winning Love Island, a “heartbroken” Tayla Damir has dumped Grant Crapp — who found out about the split on Instagram.

Bronte Coy
@brontecoy

JUST two weeks after declaring their love to each other and splitting the $50,000 prize money during Love Island’s grand finale, Grant Crapp and Tayla Damir have called it quits.

But in an awkward twist, Grant has claimed he only found out about their break up on social media.

Commenting on a post shared by Love Island Australia’s Instagram account announcing their split — which was liked by Tayla — Grant wrote: “This is news to me.”

The electrician’s claims he was in the dark were backed up by male contestants Teddy Briggs and Jaxon Human who claimed to also be blindsided by the announcement.

But Love Island’s Millie Fuller sprang to Tayla’s defence, replying to Grant’s comment and writing: “Are you kidding me? I was with Tayla last night and you were with the boys in a different hotel. Another lie and yet again you hurt Tayla even more.”

Tayla, 21, broke the news to fans via Nine’s The Fix , revealing that she’d been the one to make the call.

“Obviously I’m heartbroken. It was a big shock to the system,” Tayla said.

“I still respect him as a person and I just think he’s young and he’s made a massively bad decision, and didn’t really think of the consequences that maybe a girl would have fallen in love with him, which just happened to be me. Hopefully that’s something he learned through this experience and he learns how to play with people’s emotions.”

Upon leaving the Mallorca villa, the couple had been rocked by reports of Grant’s “secret girlfriend” — a woman named Lucy.

The first hint that there may be a third party in their relationship had come during a challenge on Love Island, but Grant had been quick to deny it at the time.

“It came out that there were new accusations that Grant had a live-in girlfriend, and he’s gone on the show to promote his business and get famous,” Tayla told The Fix.

“He denied it when we were in the house and I just had this gut feeling to follow through with it. Once I was able to access media and read the articles, I told Grant he needed to own up. I finally got the answer that was the truth: He was on there to promote himself and he did have a girlfriend who was running his business while he was inside the villa.”

Unsurprisingly, this had lead to major trust issues in their relationship.

“I said there was nothing more than I wanted for this to work, and to gain my trust back, but I gave him multiple chances inside the villa, and obviously once I found out this information as well, the lies just continued the last 10 days,” Tayla said.

“There was no trust being built up with anything. I couldn’t be in a relationship with someone I don’t trust.”

The news may not come as much of a shock to anyone who had been listening to Tayla and Grant’s interview on the Kyle And Jackie O show on Monday, where it was pretty clear there was trouble brewing in paradise.

Tayla told the hosts she’d been heartbroken at discovering the truth about his other girlfriend, and that she’d been considering ending the relationship, then and there.

“(Dumping him) went though my mind, for sure, obviously finding that out was a big shock to the system and I was like, ‘Well, do you really love me?’” she said.

“We are trying to work through this. It’s obviously put a massive strain on our relationship. We’re trying to rebuild the trust.”

Sadly, it seems that didn’t work out.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...p/news-story/19e6da356757d96e20f55cba0159632f

It all seems very messy. How could he not know she had broken up with him? I'm sure the announcement on social media was not "news to him".

Why has nobody asked about the cash?
They seem to be doing regular radio bits....

No. 1 question they need to ask/say......give her back the cash

I don't think she should ask for the money back.. She was kind of foolish in the first place to not believe the secret girlfriend in the villa after all the lying he did to Cassidy.

I don't think she should ask for the money back.. She was kind of foolish in the first place to not believe the secret girlfriend in the villa after all the lying he did to Cassidy.

I do not care what happens with the cash......but i do care that nobody brings it up...first thing I would ask
He says he loves you, did he give you back the money to show his love???

Where are you at with UK LI? @Affable???

I found it plodding and dull until Casa Amor.....everything gets way better and I can watch more shows at once now
At 39, and plan on catching up to date over weekend if I can

from what i remember tayla wasn't too convinced by grant's explanations about the secret girlfriend when she was in the villa. but i think thoughts of winning the game held her back from interrogating grant any further.

have they got the money yet? or is there some kind of contract where they still have to be together for a certain time after the show? like if the cameras had gone off the second after the show had finished and grant said to tayla: "lol, i was never really in love with you,loser. i just wanted the money", would he still be entitled to the money?

To be fair to Tayla (who I wasn't the biggest fan of either), I would guess that if you asked your partner if they had a secret girlfriend and they assured you it was over, it would be quite reasonable to believe that they were telling the truth. It doesn't make Tayla a fool for believing him, it just makes Grant a very accomplished liar.

Reactions: kxk
To be fair to Tayla (who I wasn't the biggest fan of either), I would guess that if you asked your partner if they had a secret girlfriend and they assured you it was over, it would be quite reasonable to believe that they were telling the truth. It doesn't make Tayla a fool for believing him, it just makes Grant a very accomplished liar.

gormless grant!!!!

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Some of the contestants are appearing in pairs at the Adelaide Show on different days (along with couples from The Block).
One pair is Teddy (@Affable ) and Jax, another is Cassidy and Francoise.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Some of the contestants are appearing in pairs at the Adelaide Show on different days (along with couples from The Block).
One pair is Teddy (@Affable ) and Jax, another is Cassidy and Francoise.

So jealous!! Definitely would not go for Cassidy though.

Royal Melbourne Show is coming up. I wonder if Channel 9 will do the same thing? Knowing my luck, it will be the evil E's. So I hope not..

Back