Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

5f0a1fafc0e856741da808385932cf67

How exactly are they entitled brats?

And it kind of feels like you are projecting here with your comment. Quite psychologically fascinating imo.

Projecting WHAT?
All I'm projecting is my observations of a couple who thought they had the win in the bag, being brought down to Earth with a bang.
I suppose that means I'm jealous of them or something though.

Projecting WHAT?
All I'm projecting is my observations of a couple who thought they had the win in the bag, being brought down to Earth with a bang.
I suppose that means I'm jealous of them or something though.

I'm not sure. I just thought your post portrayed something more than the words shown. That it was something deeper than a middling reality show. A rather fascinating post by you because I really don't think anyone could say that Eden and Erin were entitled or brats. And no, being annoyed at losing out on money, a perfectly human reaction, does not count.

I'm not sure. I just thought your post portrayed something more than the words shown. That it was something deeper than a middling reality show. A rather fascinating post by you because I really don't think anyone could say that Eden and Erin were entitled or brats. And no, being annoyed at losing out on money, a perfectly human reaction, does not count.

Some people just post what they think, about the tv shows they watch, rather than going out of their way to criticize other posters.

As for whether "anyone" could say E & E are entitled brats or not... the majority of posters on here have come to similar conclusions, and it's not hard to extrapolate that the viewing public did too, seeing as they didn't win.

Excellent article........When Eden tried to slut shame Millie......this is why I love Millie

The profound Love Island moment we all missed
b35e4f3ffeeb2587a77c5c026444b24d

Katy Hall

(we did not miss it of course:) )
THERE were a lot of things I was expecting when I began watching the first season of Love Island Australia a few weeks ago, but a masterclass in how to stop slut shamers in their tracks was not one of them.

And yet, among the expanse of daybeds, inflatable flamingoes, and unsubtly placed Neutrogena products plugging the show’s major sponsor, that’s exactly what happened this week.

The set up was relatively simple. Resident muscle head and self-appointed Lord of who can and cannot be attracted to one another, Eden Dally, decided to ask hisfellow contestant Millie Fuller — in front of at least five other contestants — “Millie, did you have sex with ...?” (The name of who Fuller had sex with was bleeped for privacy reasons, but it is believed to be a well-known footballer).

The problem isn’t that Dally asked the question, but that he already knew the answer and chose to ask again at a time that he saw as an opportune moment.

Surrounded by Fuller’s friends and her partner within the house, Mark Odare, Dally’s intentions were crystal clear: to embarrass her, and to see Odare judge Fuller as a potential girlfriend based on her sexual history.

After Fuller told Dally, “yes, you know I did,” he turned to Odare smiling and said: “Told ya.”

It was gross and uncalled for,
but also not outside the realm of things women have seen and experienced before. It’s the kind of behaviour we see over and over again when we are coming into adulthood. The remedy, or so we’ve been told through learned behaviour, is to either lie, or confirm the truth while falling over yourself to explain how much you regret the decision and now retrospectively feel ashamed. To reel off excuses about it being a long time ago, or that it was who you were then but aren’t now, about how you got suckered in to believing they were a good guy, about it not being a good time for you personally … the list goes on (how many times has Kim Kardashian been asked to repent for a sex tape she made over ten years ago?).

The aim, of course, is to ensure that the object of your affection doesn’t judge you too harshly and that peace will return. But in the land of Millie Fuller’s Love Island experience, that narrative does not exist.

Following the confrontation, Fuller told another contestant: “I don’t care if Eden tells the whole bloody world; it doesn’t bother me.” Her concern, however, was about how Odare was taking the information and him appearing visibly upset by it, because, you know, fair enough that your new fling doesn’t want to know about your old fling.

But rather than going to Dally and telling him to shut up, Fuller went one further, telling Odare that his fixation on the whole thing had left her “a little bit put off.”

“You’re so worried about what Eden’s saying and Eden’s thinking … about saying that football guy thing about me. This paranoia pushes me away.”

In other words, ignore the big mouth, deal with your inadequacies, and accept that women usually had a sex life before you or find a new girlfriend. Incredibly, Odare appeared to see reason with this logic and agreed to drop it and pay no further attention to Dally.

Something as inane as this encounter shouldn’t come as a revelation or make for a particularly profound television moment. And yet, it did. Because instead of following the script on how to be a good and repentant sexually active woman, Fuller just threw water all over it and went back to sunbaking.

So if you could, Channel 9, more television like this moving forward, please.

Katy Hall is a RendezView writer and producer.

Some people just post what they think, about the tv shows they watch, rather than going out of their way to criticize other posters.

As for whether "anyone" could say E & E are entitled brats or not... the majority of posters on here have come to similar conclusions, and it's not hard to extrapolate that the viewing public did too, seeing as they didn't win.

But your post about Erin and Eden I felt was something more than just this show.

And how could anyone come to the conclusion that Eden And Erin are entitled brats is beyond me.

Millie was definitely an entitled brat though.

But your post about Erin and Eden I felt was something more than just this show.
My post was a direct response to kxk's picture, and shortly afterwards Fatpants said something similar.
Therefore it was 100% on-topic and about this show, and nothing else.

And how could anyone come to the conclusion that Eden And Erin are entitled brats is beyond me.
This thread is full of opinions on Erin and Eden which mostly lead to the same conclusion, apart from yours where you defend Erin no matter what. That is fine if that floats your boat, but please don't make it personal.

Millie was definitely an entitled brat though.
I think we are talking about two different things now. You might be talking about Millie's attitude towards her own relationships, but the issue we are discussing is E& E's attitude towards winning "the game".

My post was a direct response to kxk's picture, and shortly afterwards Fatpants said something similar.
Therefore it was 100% on-topic and about this show, and nothing else.

This thread is full of opinions on Erin and Eden which mostly lead to the same conclusion, apart from yours where you defend Erin no matter what. That is fine if that floats your boat, but please don't make it personal.

I think we are talking about two different things now. You might be talking about Millie's attitude towards her own relationships, but the issue we are discussing is E& E's attitude towards winning "the game".

I just felt the subtext.[DOUBLEPOST=1530853103][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol... Contradiction once again.

what contradiction?

...haha!... Meglos the 'cynical' part of me says that ALL of the 'couples' will split up once they have done their obligatory 3 months of extending their '15 minutes of fame' with their commitments to all of the usual Media and Tabloids circuit and then will most likely look for other new opportunities to leech onto another 'Reality Show' somewhere... sometime... and what does the 'romantic' part of me say?... exactly the same thing I'm afraid... it's a very rare occurrence for people to actually find 'true love' on these types of shows... with this last lot?... as Elaine says in Seinfeld... I'm calling fake fake fake fake!... cheers.

The good people have dinner....Charlie keeping better company, narrator jokes with my Millie, Amelia is cool Josh is an amoeba
(An amoeba often called amoeboid, is a type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape)

Get a room! Love Island Australia's Millie Fuller and Mark O'Dare pack on the PDA while Josh Moss and Amelia Marni cuddle up after a boozy double date in Coogee
4E0C3A4400000578-5932151-Gather_round_A_number_of_other_casual_looking_men_including_thei-a-81_1531102170375.jpg

4E0C39AE00000578-5932151-image-a-1_1531099165365.jpg

Gentleman Mark
4E0C39AA00000578-5932151-image-m-5_1531099946788.jpg

4E0C39B200000578-5932151-image-a-7_1531100029068.jpg

4E0C399600000578-5932151-image-a-25_1531100501449.jpg

Back