Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

Do people learn to spell?
As in memorising stuff???

Have always thought spelling is just a gift, you get or don't, same as maths can be a gift, both instinctive

I don't think of either of them as a gift.

Spelling in my opinion may show the wide range reading of a person. I feel it usually is acquired by learning through reading or memorisation.

Maths is just a matter of understanding for me. I think most people don't like maths because they find it boring. I love mathematics.

Spelling in my opinion may show the wide range reading of a person. I feel it usually is acquired by learning through reading or memorisation.

Maths is just a matter of understanding for me. I think most people don't like maths because they find it boring. I love mathematics.

i liked math until i learnt about algebra. now i'm alll about words, and feelings, feelings and words that can be swords or pureness.

i read widely and im a terrible speller. disgraceful, disgusting.

I see spelling as a gift since I can spell anything even unseen words, it is just there, no learning or reading required - have been able to do this since I began school.....have always read a lot......but so has my sister and she can't spell to save her life
And my brother was an instinctive speller, and he would be lucky to have read 10 books in his whole life

And i think some have the maths gene and some do not = me; I can do it if I focus a LOT, and wish they had given me a reason to bother
IE if they told me I could use it to work out the universe instead of making it so pedestrian and about what a trip to the shops totalled

Back