Skip to main content

Least Favourite BB Series

Least Favourite BB

• Total voters
2020 (last year's) was the worst season ever for me. The format changed so drastically to the point of it being unrecognizable. It wasn't really a memorable season either to be honest. As a long-time BB fan it was just unwatchable.

At least with the current 2021 season from launch night, Channel 7 looked like they took some criticism and were trying to improve the show by showcasing an increased amount of social interactions and some house secrets to captivate the viewer, Danny was also good casting and helped make the season what it was IMO. The final episodes of this season did drag on though.

The 2012 one was difficult to watch for obvious reasons but Channel 9's format was undeniably better than Channel 7's.

If I had to rank the recent seasons from best to worst:
2013 > 2012 > 2014 > 2021 > 2020
(As for the Channel 10 seasons, they would all likely be ranked higher than those)

2012 for me followed by 2008
2021 and 2020 are barely Big Brother. So I'd say whatever TF Seven is giving us, followed by your two. 2012 might not have come close to Seven's producer manipulation, but - despite being aired live - without live streams it was the most contrived of Nine's seasons, with the HMs 'performing' for the show. Not to mention the shitty end result. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if there had been live streams.

I really felt 2012 had horrible casting, lack of depth of storylines, the "twist" was really lame (same as Sonia's dancing), no diversity in cast. It was the era of Instagram is new so let's get all wannabe 20s kids to perform for us.

2008 was painful too. It was watching a car wreck (or Kombi van wreck!) As Gretel has been turfed out, Kyle was there for the pay cheque, the producers were scratching their heads to come up with how to refresh the format. Their solution was to chuck in two older contestants and manipulate the viewers to get an old haggered chicko roll to win.

2013 BB was slightly better casting with Tim, Tahan, whiney Ben, Tully and Drewmance but again the oldest housemate was 41 in Sharon.

2014 - did you know Cat (yes part of Clawson) was the oldest housemate at 31!

Not coming for the iconic 2008.

Even shit moments like this that probably didn't air outside of the live feed were infinitely more entertaining than the entirety of 2021

2020 (last year's) was the worst season ever for me. The format changed so drastically to the point of it being unrecognizable. It wasn't really a memorable season either to be honest. As a long-time BB fan it was just unwatchable.

At least with the current 2021 season from launch night, Channel 7 looked like they took some criticism and were trying to improve the show by showcasing an increased amount of social interactions and some house secrets to captivate the viewer, Danny was also good casting and helped make the season what it was IMO. The final episodes of this season did drag on though.

The 2012 one was difficult to watch for obvious reasons but Channel 9's format was undeniably better than Channel 7's.

If I had to rank the recent seasons from best to worst:
2013 > 2012 > 2014 > 2021 > 2020
(As for the Channel 10 seasons, they would all likely be ranked higher than those)
I think my order would be similar to yours. If we are only talking about recent seasons (bar last years since I didn’t not watch it), then this years is the only bb that does not feel like bb. At least the channel 9 version kept some of the elements that felt like I was watching the old version and the concept of what bb was still intact. 2013 being my favourite since Tahan and Tim made the show for me. Even the Tully/drew romance (although it angered me at the time) was real and not scripted. The hms were engaging. Past that I started to lose interest though so by the time last years came I kind of just lost hope for it. This year, I wouldn’t call it bb, not sure what to call it but not bb. The manipulation from the producers is strong, we are to believe only Danny was entertaining but I beg to differ. I would rather a chance to decide for myself. Also too much strategy was shown on this show, we are literally fed what will happen from beginning to end- there is no element of surprise and more forced belief of what we would want. So yeah best was 2013, worst this years. In saying that, I still enjoyed watching but I would not call it big brother

I think my order would be similar to yours. If we are only talking about recent seasons (bar last years since I didn’t not watch it), then this years is the only bb that does not feel like bb. At least the channel 9 version kept some of the elements that felt like I was watching the old version and the concept of what bb was still intact. 2013 being my favourite since Tahan and Tim made the show for me. Even the Tully/drew romance (although it angered me at the time) was real and not scripted. The hms were engaging. Past that I started to lose interest though so by the time last years came I kind of just lost hope for it. This year, I wouldn’t call it bb, not sure what to call it but not bb. The manipulation from the producers is strong, we are to believe only Danny was entertaining but I beg to differ. I would rather a chance to decide for myself. Also too much strategy was shown on this show, we are literally fed what will happen from beginning to end- there is no element of surprise and more forced belief of what we would want. So yeah best was 2013, worst this years. In saying that, I still enjoyed watching but I would not call it big brother
Yeah I think it’s a good thing you missed last year’s season, it was like this year’s except somehow even more disconnected from the original format. It was basically Survivor in a house, they presented even less social interactions than the season this year - which is almost hard to believe.

An average episode in last year’s season was basically just strategy talk between housemates for majority of the episode with a challenge included and eviction every single day, we barely got to know any of the housemates at all. That season was completely void of any decent social content. So in some way, as crazy as it may sound, this year can be considered an improvement.

2020 and 2021 are at least more entertaining than the dumpster fire that was 2014.

Though they barely even qualify as 'Big Brother' at this point.

I didn't go through 2020 and 2021 seasons. They're hardly "Big Brother".

Although I thought the 2008 season was a travesty, it was actually my guilty pleasure. It's so bad that it's good, in a way. It had some pretty raw moments, so I give it props.

I'm in the minority here, but 2013 was very subpar to me. Half of the housemates were forgettable and boring (Matt, Jasmine, Xavier, Rohan, Sharon). Ben seemed so insincere and rather annoying. Tim was a try-hard and I honestly never got his popularity. Mikkayla was annoying. I thought 2013 just went on and on with its 100 days run. The only interesting things about it were Tully and Drew's relationship, and Jade's cute crushing on Ed.

2012 was monumental. Loved the winner, the runner-ups and pretty much most of the housemates. 2014 was pretty good too with Priya, Skye, dark horse Ryan and sexy Trav. I have a lot of good memories with these two seasons. But I can see that not many people are into them, which is odd...

Back