Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

That would be more akin to Die Another Day. Widely considered one of the worst Bond films. Although honestly, for all the cheese, it's still very entertaining. That's the best part about Bond, even the objectively worse films can be more entertaining than better ones.

I'd rather watch die another day than spectre.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Great story with probably one of the worst lead performances of all time. Incredible to think how Lazenby basically conned his way to what is probably one of the most sought after roles in modern cinema.

If only Connery had stayed around, or at least they filmed it when he was still interested in the role.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Great story with probably one of the worst lead performances of all time. Incredible to think how Lazenby basically conned his way to what is probably one of the most sought after roles in modern cinema.

If only Connery had stayed around, or at least they filmed it when he was still interested in the role.

I think Lazenby is perfectly fine in the role. It's one of the better Bond films.

If you haven't seen it, "Becoming Bond" is a must watch.

Watching Get Smart the TV show has made me realise how bad the Get Smart the 2008 movie was for two main reasons.

1. Siegfried didn't have a German accent and was played far too seriously for a comedy movie.

2. The conflict between 99 and Smart seemed so out of place. Like I understand that they probably didn't want 99 to be as agreeable because it would look bad, but she outright disliked him in the movie.

Watching Get Smart the TV show has made me realise how bad the Get Smart the 2008 movie was for two main reasons.

1. Siegfried didn't have a German accent and was played far too seriously for a comedy movie.

2. The conflict between 99 and Smart seemed so out of place. Like I understand that they probably didn't want 99 to be as agreeable because it would look bad, but she outright disliked him in the movie.
good points

Watched all the Bonds from 62 to about 87. So most of the classic ones.

Some observations.
- Connery tough, Moore Wry, Dalton serious.

- The Spy Who Loved Me is probably the perfect Bond film. Great locations. Fantastic bad guy and henchmen. The bond girl was interesting and actually did stuff. Plus the battle at the end was excellent.

- Speaking of battle at the end, watching some of these old Bond films I liked how there were these battles at the end because they were great. It's a shame they don't do them in the new ones.

- I think part of why they don't do them is because they seem to go for the loner stoic Bond angle. But the thing is watching the old Bond films is that quite often he doesn't work alone. He's part of a team that helps him achieve his goals.

- Octopussy wasn't as bad as I thought. Quite fun.

- But the next A View To A Kill was bad. It was interesting to see how Moore hardly did any fighting in this one. Should have retired with Octopussy.

The Tomorrow War

Chris Pratt, time travel, aliens, action. What not to love? Started off alright but then just got better and better until I can definitely say without a doubt I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Deadpool 2.
Now I remember that it was nowhere as good as Deadpool 1.

Spoiler, Deadpool 1 is nowhere near as good as you remember.

- Speaking of battle at the end, watching some of these old Bond films I liked how there were these battles at the end because they were great. It's a shame they don't do them in the new ones.

- I think part of why they don't do them is because they seem to go for the loner stoic Bond angle. But the thing is watching the old Bond films is that quite often he doesn't work alone. He's part of a team that helps him achieve his goals.

All the Brosnan films had him working alongside people. Natalia, Mai Lin, Christmas, Jinx were partners in defeating the villain. Just not the special forces raiding a base.

Craig films are similar. Camille in Quantum. Kincade and M in Skyfall. In Specre he works with M, Moneypenny, Q at the end. Although that was interesting because Mission Impossible Rogue Nation came out a couple of months before with a similar scooby gang scene to get the villain which was much better.

The new film has Nomi as a 00 agent. It'll be interesting to see how the balance her in.

- Octopussy wasn't as bad as I thought. Quite fun.
I love how Bond is racing to disarm a nuclear bomb but stops to perfectly apply clown make up!
DRwNl5CU8AAQr93

- But the next A View To A Kill was bad. It was interesting to see how Moore hardly did any fighting in this one. Should have retired with Octopussy.
The story goes that when he realised he was older than Tanya Robert's mother, he knew he had been in the role too long.

All the Brosnan films had him working alongside people. Natalia, Mai Lin, Christmas, Jinx were partners in defeating the villain. Just not the special forces raiding a base.

Craig films are similar. Camille in Quantum. Kincade and M in Skyfall. In Specre he works with M, Moneypenny, Q at the end. Although that was interesting because Mission Impossible Rogue Nation came out a couple of months before with a similar scooby gang scene to get the villain which was much better.

The new film has Nomi as a 00 agent. It'll be interesting to see how the balance her in.

I love how Bond is racing to disarm a nuclear bomb but stops to perfectly apply clown make up!
DRwNl5CU8AAQr93

The story goes that when he realised he was older than Tanya Robert's mother, he knew he had been in the role too long.
If you say so

DRwNl5CU8AAQr93

The modern bonds are just not the same. Too serious.

Back