Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Go and see "The Queen"; that was the last film I saw at the cinema.

I'd much rather go to an arthouse cinema like The Como (here in Melbourne), where you have some choice flicks, a bit off the beaten track, and you can take in a bottle of wine in an ice bucket (can't do that at your multiplexes)

:cool:

That's why I love the drive-in Goldenberry. Sit back in the open air, watch the stars and the stars on the screen.

I've never been to the drive in - that's more my parents' generation I thought.

Here in Melbourne they have cinema in the park (in the Botanic gardens), and that might be the nearest thing to what you're referring...

LORD OF WAR

F*cking amazing movie, I'm spewing that I missed it at the cinemas shouldn't listen to those old farts in the "At The Movies". 11 out of 10 incredible from start to finish definitely in the top 10 movies that I've watched and I've seen my fair share. I cannot reccomend this movie enough.

I've never been to the drive in - that's more my parents' generation I thought.

Here in Melbourne they have cinema in the park (in the Botanic gardens), and that might be the nearest thing to what you're referring...

The nearest thing that i'm referring to is the Dromana drive in down on the Mornington Peninsula Goldenberry, about an hours drive from Melbourne. And trust me there are many young people that go to it. It's still very popular, you should come for a drive down some time. And hey, i should know i work there :D

I saw this clip on YouTube and cracked up laughing and rushed to the video store to rent the movie it's from!! Brilliant, so worth it! It was originalyl supposed to be a drama but it was unintentionally funny and is now a cult comedy classic (I believe the term is 'camp.')
The movie is called Mommie Dearest, I highly recommend it!

and you can take in a bottle of wine in an ice bucket (can't do that at your multiplexes)

:cool:
If you go to Gold Class or La Premier they serve you wine during the movie :)

The nearest thing that i'm referring to is the Dromana drive in down on the Mornington Peninsula Goldenberry, about an hours drive from Melbourne. And trust me there are many young people that go to it. It's still very popular, you should come for a drive down some time. And hey, i should know i work there :D

I know it well. There's a trash and treasure there on some Sundays. Scored a few pot plants there in fact.

If you go to Gold Class or La Premier they serve you wine during the movie :)

I'll do that for the next big movie event, like when they bring out "The Hobbit".

The Peter Jackson version, not some lame Bob Shay at New Line attempt.

The thing with Gold Class, you have to fork out $30 or so. They've got it at the Jam Factory.

I know it well. There's a trash and treasure there on some Sundays. Scored a few pot plants there in fact.

Yeah every Sunday Goldenberry, but coming to watch the movies is better. That's why i take my panelvan. Doors wide open, laying down in the back....heaven :)

I've seen the screen at the Dromana drive in, but it's never been actually playing anything.

Instead, I've been to the trash and treasure at least 6 times. You may have seen my Adonis like figure walking around. If I'm not there, the Redhill market is great too.

Another excellent movie I saw recently was "Apocalypto".. ..It's not often I watch a DVD from 12 midnight on an evening and can continue it through to the finish in one go.

:)

It was interesting the review I read for "300"

It said there's an awful lot of corrugated abs and man breasts like airbags.

har...ha!

My top movies so far this year:

1. The Queen
2. Apocalypto
3. Little Miss Sunshine
4. Babel
5. Deja Vu

Apocalypto is one of the bloodliest, most disgusting racist piece of garbage ever released. Mel Gibson the alcoholic wanker should stick to making derivative action movies and leave movie making for those that actually talent and know what it is they're doing.

Buffalo Soldier - 8/10 Damn good dark comedy about bored out of their brains American soldiers

Alexandra's Project - 9/10 Disappointed with the ending that's my only gripe.

Closer - 3/10 Absolute trash which most movies that have Julia Roberts on it are. Chemistry between actors nonexistent therefore the premise on which it hinges and relies not believable for one second. Bad casting, bad script, bad direction just simply bad all round.

I have only just gotten around to watching 'Candy'.
I hate drugs!
Oh and I watched this REALLY BAD zombie movie 'Ghost Lake' which I have been hanging out to see for ages, only to be greatly dissapointed with the lame story line, acting and effects. The sex scenes were the only thing which looked realistic and they was just grose!

I watched 300 today and enjoyed it! It was very violent but by the end you become a bit desensitised to all the blood. Not a lot of dialogue, but definately a lot of muscular male bodies. :)

I just watched the Butterfly Effect. I'm glad weekly movies are only $1 at video ezy.

Apocalypto is one of the bloodliest, most disgusting racist piece of garbage ever released. Mel Gibson the alcoholic wanker should stick to making derivative action movies and leave movie making for those that actually talent and know what it is they're doing.

How is it racist, Gigolo?

I thought the young loincloth wearing warrior came across in quite a positive light.

All I'll admit, is the undertone about the Spanish colonisers being some kind of positive salvation smacked of Catholic imperialism. But "racist", I don't think that's apt.

I just watched the Butterfly Effect. I'm glad weekly movies are only $1 at video ezy.

Didn't you like it? I saw that a few years ago and didn't expect much. But it was surpisingly good, gripping, and even stomach churning in parts.

:D

How is it racist, Gigolo?

I thought the young loincloth wearing warrior came across in quite a positive light.

All I'll admit, is the undertone about the Spanish colonisers being some kind of positive salvation smacked of Catholic imperialism. But "racist", I don't think that's apt.

The blood thirstiness, the primitiveness of how Mayan/Native American culture and various other aspect is portrayed is based on biased European accounts to justify their own atrocities. The savagery was played up big time and exaggerated by Catholic twirp known as Mel Gibson, it's what every good catholic boy is indoctrinated to believe from an early age so it doesn't come as a surprise. Nor did his anti-Semitic rants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much as it pains me, I kind of agree (after all, I had an argument with 'those yanks' over just this same issue, they all seem to love Gibson).

However, I was prepared to overlook that just to enjoy an action movie for its own sake. The bloodthirstiness didn't offend me, after all, it was cartoon stuff (a bit like Pulp Fiction) in the way the violence was portrayed.

And I don't think it was "racist", that's more to do with the colour of someone's skin.

Back