Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I saw WILD HOGS yesterday too.. It was better then I expected and William H Macy is hilarious in it! and also John Travolta's over acting is fun to watch :p

Alot of people hated it but, because it seems like everyone is a movie critic these days! lighten up it was a fun light movie not something that should be given any awards lol

Oh plus Marissa Tomei was in it and I like her :p

I agree pawlini. Except with the Marissa Tomei part. Not that i don't like her, but i think we like her in different ways ;)

But yeah, everyones a bloody critic. I just go to be entertained. An hour or so where i get to not worry or think about anything. Can't beat that now, can you?

Really enjoyed "The Queen".

It was quite a sympathetic portrayal of the Queen, I thought, while still capturing the sad events around Di's death.

The Queen Mother was hilarious in it, she was a hoot.

Has anyone seen Hot Fuzz?? Went into the city last night to see it Righty-o it was interesting. On the ads, it looks quite funny, and that it is. But the Quentin Tarnatino-type violence was VERY unexpected.

Mind you, I didn't read the classification until I left the movie.
MA15+- Very srong violence & Strong coarse language.

=|

Damn brissy_carla, I REALLY want to see this, having enjoyed Nick Frost/Simon Pegg in "Spaced" and "Sean of the Dead". And if you've had any exposure to "Sean...", you'd know that they are quite the fans of bloody gore effects, so a bit of Tarantinoesque blood and guts would not be unexpected... but... IS IT FUNNY throughout ?? The two reviews so far I've had say-"funny in parts but a little too long"- what do YOU think...?

Yeh, lol, I haven't seen Sean of the Dead, we just randomly wanted to see a movie and Hot Fuzz was the best option.

It is hilarious though, all the way through it. I didn't think it was too long because I was laughing all the way through it. I really suggest seeing it.

Thanks for your tip brissy- I am now DEFINITELY committed to seeing this film. Did you see "Confetti" by the way, a "mockumentary" of Spinal Tap proportions, only to do with the "Bridal Industry" ? -on DVD now I believe, and well worth the weekly hire...

I haven't seen Confetti actually. I did try to hire it out once, but the Indian's down the road at Civic never seem to have a movie in working order. Grr.

I shall hire it out in the near future thoguh, on you recommendation lol.

Hope you enjoy it- I must admit, in my group of friends, I was the ONLY one chuckling throughout the film-I think I was "just in the mood" for it, and in retrospect it MAY not be as good as I'm making it out to be.

Running Scared - awesome film! lots of blood and gore and violence and some really creepy stuff (so much so that I have read in people's reviews they thought it was the most creepiest thing they have ever seen in a movie) but I wont spoil it for you :p let's just say it's unexpected ;)

Too bad Paul Walker is the lead he isnt that convincing but if you like a good thriller with twists and turns and hocky pucks to the head then see it! :p

Haha, well good. I like a bit of hockey puck to the head action.

Saw Hot Fuzz, LOVED IT.. Also loved shaun of the dead, which is what prompted me to go see HF.
10/10 from me

Letters From Iwo Jima, bloody brilliant. One of the best war films I've ever seen.

The Descent

It's finally out in Australia on DVD in May! wow this film is one of the best psychological horrors I have seen in a while! 6 women go into a cave and get trapped.. there are things under the ground that have been living there for centuries who want to eat them. enough said ;)

"The Descent" was excellent, although the ending was a bit odd. Kind of X Files like in a way.

Not B grade probably because it was British (I think), (but set in the US).

I loved The Descent - best horror film for ages. I read somewhere that they cut a different ending for the Americans to be more "upbeat" - if you remember the shock moment in the car near the end, that was where they finished it.

Saw TMNT last night. It was good. I did enjoy it but i think i love the first movie they made the best. But it was still enjoyable.

Back