Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

From what I have seen of him, Chris Pratt seems to be a cool person who doesn't take himself seriously. I am not sure how much his presence in the movie helped in terms of box office sales, but it sure didn't hurt it.

Well I don't pick to watch a movie based on how much of a nice guy an actor/ress he/she is in real life. Granted Pratt comes across as an ok dude in his interviews but as far as his acting is concerned I can take him or leave him or in other words he's never gonna be a reason as to why I decide to see a film.

Wow 7 times! I guess it's not exactly a plot heavy film but visually it's very stunning and well made, I can't say post apocalyptic car chase is my ideal film. I actually did manage to lol a few times not sure my mind was blown. Should I see it again to join you in your obsession??

If you weren't infected the first time than I guess you're lucky that you're immune from the hypnotic effect it has had on people like me. :wink:

Frankly MMFR has ruined my interest in going to watch other huge budget blockbusters at the cinemas. It has raised the bar as to what to expect from a movie experience, IMHO of course. I can't help but feel underwhelmed and bored when watching other movies currently playing in theaters. :sleep:

If you weren't infected the first time than I guess you're lucky that you're immune from the hypnotic effect it has had on people like me. :wink:

Frankly MMFR has ruined my interest in going to watch other huge budget blockbusters at the cinemas. It has raised the bar as to what to expect from a movie experience, IMHO of course. I can't help but feel underwhelmed and bored when watching the other movies currently playing in theaters. :sleep:

I'd say you're right, chances are I won't become as obsessed as you and maybe I can be reprieved and still enjoy other movies!

I do seem to be the only person I've encountered who didn't love it but you are by far the most enthusiastic fan.

Well I don't pick to watch a movie based on how much of a nice guy an actor/ress he/she is in real life. Granted Pratt comes across as an ok dude in his interviews but as far as his acting is concerned I can take him or leave him or in other words he's never gonna be a reason as to why I decide to see a film.

Frankly MMFR has ruined my interest in going to watch other huge budget blockbusters at the cinemas. It has raised the bar as to what to expect from a movie experience, IMHO of course. I can't help but feel underwhelmed and bored when watching other movies currently playing in theaters. :sleep:

I too don't choose a movie based on the people who star in the film. Still I will be interested to see if Pratt can continue to be a bankable movie star in the future.

We shall see. He kinda reminds me of our very own Sam Worthington tbh who lucked in with being cast in Avatar (Matt Damon had a dig at Sam as he supposedly turned it down due to other commitments) and hasn't been in anything of note since. Avatar 2 could resurrect his big budget Hollywood career though depending on how well it does. Given Cameron's track record it'll probably be another raging success.

We shall see. He kinda reminds me of our very own Sam Worthington tbh who lucked in with being cast in Avatar (Matt Damon had a dig at Sam as he supposedly turned it down due to other commitments) and hasn't been in anything of note since. Avatar 2 could resurrect his big budget Hollywood career though depending on how well it does. Given Cameron's track record it'll probably be another raging success.

Chris Pratt is a way better actor than Sam Worthington (although a wooden chair is a way better actor than Sam so I guess that isn't really saying much).

Saw Jurassic World. Ok movie. Chris Pratt has been and probably will be in better movies but he did an adequate job here. I liked Vincent D'Onofrio. He was great.

Saw Jurassic World. Ok movie. Chris Pratt has been and probably will be in better movies but he did an adequate job here. I liked Vincent D'Onofrio. He was great.
That's what you get for watching it despite all of the hints on this thread that it was shit. *tut tut* :pompus: I don't know what to think of you anymore rb. :p

Reactions: Jam
That's what you get for watching it despite all of the hints on this thread that it was shit. *tut tut* :pompus: I don't know what to think of you anymore rb. :p

But dinosaurs! ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

saw Far From the Madding Crowd on the weekend

had never read the book so had no expectations whatsoever

really enjoyed the movie - however (obviously) you're cheated out of any real depth of character development so now I'm wanting to read the book :)

Reactions: Jam
Watched Terminator Genisys. It was really good!

One of the main actors, who happens to be Australian (did not know that at the time), Jai Courtney, is really really really hot! That's my superficial FYI. But he really is gorgeous.

Another FYI, if you can be bothered watch the first terminator. If you can't be bothered it's still a good movie.

Loved the special effects, like the unravelling of the storyline, the acting at times was mediocre, well IMO Sarah Connor was always going to be a hard replacement for Linda Hamilton, but I just don't think Emilia Clarke was the right girl for it. Other than that Arnold as always does his role well

Mad Max: Fury Road.

Can not wait until the DVD comes out so I can watch it all over again!

I also met Greg van Borssem the movies stunt/fight co ordinator at supanova comic con here in Perth a few weeks ago! Nice guy. Total revhead too! He also appears as a variety of the war boy muscle guys in the film as well. That's why they often have masks on - to save on hiring more extras. They just tell them to switch masks and get in the next scene ASAP!

Watched Terminator Genisys. It was really good!

One of the main actors, who happens to be Australian (did not know that at the time), Jai Courtney, is really really really hot! That's my superficial FYI. But he really is gorgeous.

Another FYI, if you can be bothered watch the first terminator. If you can't be bothered it's still a good movie.

Loved the special effects, like the unravelling of the storyline, the acting at times was mediocre, well IMO Sarah Connor was always going to be a hard replacement for Linda Hamilton, but I just don't think Emilia Clarke was the right girl for it. Other than that Arnold as always does his role well

Since Mad Max Fury Road was released in cinemas around the world in May 2015 the world's cinema timeline is now divided into 2 separate designations: BMMFR (Before Mad Max Fury Road) and AMMFR (After Mad Max Fury Road).

BMMFR I'd given Terminator Genisys a pass, a 5/10 and Jurassic World maybe 7/10 for a decent effort. But the arrival of MMFR has set the bar a lot higher for blockbusters for me. Watching these generic derivative popcorn films I found myself repeatedly yawning and at times almost falling asleep.

So my adjusted AMMFR scores for both Terminatory Genisys and Jurassic World are:

Terminator Genisys: 4/10
Jurassic World: 6/10

Truth to be told I'm still being fairly generous in my grading.

Mad Max: Fury Road.

Can not wait until the DVD comes out so I can watch it all over again!

I also met Greg van Borssem the movies stunt/fight co ordinator at supanova comic con here in Perth a few weeks ago! Nice guy. Total revhead too! He also appears as a variety of the war boy muscle guys in the film as well. That's why they often have masks on - to save on hiring more extras. They just tell them to switch masks and get in the next scene ASAP!

As much as I love this movie it's not same watching it on the small screen. I've seen the HD leak of MMFR and although it's still a beautiful visceral spectacle it doesn't have breattaking awe inspiring effect that you get from watching it on a big screen.

Since Mad Max Fury Road was released in cinemas around the world in May 2015 the world's cinema timeline is now divided into 2 separate designations: BMMFR (Before Mad Max Fury Road) and AMMFR (After Mad Max Fury Road).

BMMFR I'd given Terminator Genisys a pass, a 5/10 and Jurassic World maybe 7/10 for a decent effort. But the arrival of MMFR has set the bar a lot higher for blockbusters for me. Watching these generic derivative popcorn films I found myself repeatedly yawning and at times almost falling asleep.

So my adjusted AMMFR scores for both Terminatory Genisys and Jurassic World are:

You have such a hard on for Fury Road.

It's so adorable.

:p

What can I say...it was a religious experience. The only other movies that come close to having his effect on me are "Eyes Wide Shut", "A Clockwork Orange" and "Mulholland Drive" and I haven't seen any of those 10 times let alone 10 times at the cinemas. :happy:

What can I say...it was a religious experience. The only other movies that come close to having his effect on me are "Eyes Wide Shut", "A Clockwork Orange" and "Mulholland Drive" and I haven't seen any of those 10 times let alone 10 times at the cinemas. :happy:

What an insight into your mind that is.

:writing:

I j
As much as I love this movie it's not same watching it on the small screen. I've seen the HD leak of MMFR and although it's still a beautiful visceral spectacle it doesn't have breattaking awe inspiring effect that you get from watching it on a big screen.

I just borrow the data projector and speakers from work, run it through the laptop and project the lot on my wall.... :)

Well I suppose my bias for terminator is most likely showing and therefore through my eyes it can do no wrong.

I am going to possibly offend, but have not seen mad max fury road. But I am curious now and quite interested to see it with your raving of the movie, though I am afraid I may not experience it as well since it may not be on the big screen anymore. I hardly watch movies on the big screen because, well, kids.

Back