Skip to main content

jessy_girl's junk food jamboree

Well i'm shallow with food, yes.

I guess i will have to defer to your expertise.

Well I guess I'm shallow too as if something looks too vegetable-y then I'd give it a wide berth. But that actually is based on taste and not strictly appearance.

Well I guess I'm shallow too as if something looks too vegetable-y then I'd give it a wide berth. But that actually is based on taste and not strictly appearance.
I like veg, but they're about to give way to McDonalds and a cheese toastie.

Oh, but I shall feel ever so unseemly. What ever shall the people down at the village make of it?
I'd be surprised if they paid that much attention.

Well I'm sure I've eaten worse things than this but when I was younger and left to my own devices I'd make a delicious snack of butter and sugar mixed together.

My childhood food experiments included this.
Plus....
Milo and cream sandwiches
Banana and sugar sandwiches (not good for your fruit aversion)
Tomato sauce and anything, my brother and I would compete to make each other the grossest thing possibly. anything that wasn't actually poisonous was fair game. Gherkins and cream anyone?

Plus....
Tomato sauce and anything, my brother and I would compete to make each other the grossest thing possibly. anything that wasn't actually poisonous was fair game. Gherkins and cream anyone?

Sounds..................interesting.

Plus....

I made a barbeque sauce milkshake once. Tasted like a foul baked beans flavoured milkshake. Mashed banana and sugar sandwiches on fresh white bread or rolls were actually a childhood staple of mine. Add some cinnamon and it makes a good toastie.

Plus....

Haha wow. I could get on board with the milo and cream, I might leave the gherkins. I actually do like gherkins though, just not with cream. And yes I once got almost all the way through a banana, sugar and crapload of butter sandwich with white bread before I realised it was a fruit. Not sure if it still counts as fruit by that stage.

I actually don't really like white bread and prefer wholemeal despite my apparent aversions to healthier alternatives. It went well will the banana though.

When I first started caring about what I eat (about 9 years ago now) I really resented wholemeal or multigrain bread. The transition to white was hard, but now I do it by choice, and find white bread bland and doughy.

When I first started caring about what I eat (about 9 years ago now) I really resented wholemeal or multigrain bread. The transition to white was hard, but now I do it by choice, and find white bread bland and doughy.

White bread does taste very bland.

I am not a healthy eater by any stretch of the definition, if that wasn't already clear, but growing up I'd never get to eat white bread so I was actually conditioned to prefer the wholemeal variants. It's the only healthy habit that rubbed off on me it seems.

I am not a healthy eater by any stretch of the definition, if that wasn't already clear, but growing up I'd never get to eat white bread so I was actually conditioned to prefer the wholemeal variants. It's the only healthy habit that rubbed off on me it seems.

Plus whitebread is boring.

Just like you, reepbore!

Fair play.

sitting here at work feeling very holier than thou reading about strange food combos ...

(I used to like sultanas and sugar on buttered bread ... then there was drinking condensed milk out of the opened can in the fridge and thinking Mum wouldn't notice ... oh and crumbling up a small packet of potato chips (usually done by totally over the top method of stomping on the packet so it exploded at one end) and sprinkling them over my peanut butter sandwich ... my dad worked for a chip factory so we had cartons of sample sized (not for retail sale) packs of chips always handy :)

anyway the reason I'm feeling very holier than thou is I'm eating my lunch which is mixed lettuce with beetroot and carrot strips, figs, pear, cheese and last night's leftover chicken kebab ... am I being healthy or what!!!!!!????!!!!!!!

oh so we won't mention the choccie-covered blueberries stashed in desk drawer ok?

ummm and we better not mention the croissant with coffee earlier right?

oh ok so my goodness :angelic: only lasts for about a half hour window for lunch ... whats it to you!?!?! :tongue: :rolleyes:

sitting here at work feeling very holier than thou reading about strange food combos ...

(I used to like sultanas and sugar on buttered bread ... then there was drinking condensed milk out of the opened can in the fridge and thinking Mum wouldn't notice ... oh and crumbling up a small packet of potato chips (usually done by totally over the top method of stomping on the packet so it exploded at one end) and sprinkling them over my peanut butter sandwich ... my dad worked for a chip factory so we had cartons of sample sized (not for retail sale) packs of chips always handy :)

anyway the reason I'm feeling very holier than thou is I'm eating my lunch which is mixed lettuce with beetroot and carrot strips, figs, pear, cheese and last night's leftover chicken kebab ... am I being healthy or what!!!!!!????!!!!!!!

oh so we won't mention the choccie-covered blueberries stashed in desk drawer ok?

ummm and we better not mention the croissant with coffee earlier right?

oh ok so my goodness :angelic: only lasts for about a half hour window for lunch ... whats it to you!?!?! :tongue: :rolleyes:

I used to pinch Condensed Milk tins and suckle of them in bed (I was about 10) and hid the empty cans under my bed, thinking Mum would not notice!!

Oh and fresh white bread with heaps of butter and potato chips were awesome!

Back