Skip to main content

Is Jade sexually harassing Ed?

I know! *groan* But hear me out.

If their roles were reversed. If she had said no to him and yet he kept making sexually suggestive comments to her, the house would be up in arms.

I mean seriously. Oh I think my underwear is quite see through!

What's next: Do you think my nipples are too big for my tits? Do these shorts make my clit look big?

No means no, Jade. As infrequently as you have heard it. No means no.

You have to be fucking kidding me?!

If you believe that, I would suggest you wouldn't know sexual harassment if it stood up in your Weeties and bit your left nipple!

This is about human interaction. Have you never had someone in to you, and you not be into them? Have you never been into someone and them not be into you? This is actually normal cringe worthy human interaction between a couple where ones feelings are not reciprocated. The only thing odd here is a camera is catching every awkward moment for our enjoyment.

My God, if I had a media play back of every trick I have tried to get a guy who is not interested, interested, I would kill myself with shame. And like Ed, I have also been on the end of an adorer who I didn't adore, to me it was flattering. I like it when people are attracted to me, even if the feeling is not returned, to me it is simply normal human interaction.

Sexual harassment indeed.

If youre looking for a person who's into sexual harassment look no further than Jasmin. Just this morning shes jumping into bed with Caleb and hugging him. Im with Jade when it comes to the "code". Seeing as Caleb and Lucy are close, Jasmin needs to learn boundaries. She did the exact same thing with Ed kissing him in the spa. If I were Lucy I'd punch the slut in the head hahaha :p Nothing worse than a single chick being kissy and huggy all over your love interest. :rolleyes:

Honestly, Jasmin screams "desperate". She's probably the female I dislike the most in the house, which is saying something as Tully's still in there.

You have to be fucking kidding me?!

If you believe that, I would suggest you wouldn't know sexual harassment if it stood up in your Weeties and bit your left nipple!

This is about human interaction. Have you never had someone in to you, and you not be into them? Have you never been into someone and them not be into you? This is actually normal cringe worthy human interaction between a couple where ones feelings are not reciprocated. The only thing odd here is a camera is catching every awkward moment for our enjoyment.

My God, if I had a media play back of every trick I have tried to get a guy who is not interested, interested, I would kill myself with shame. And like Ed, I have also been on the end of an adorer who I didn't adore, to me it was flattering. I like it when people are attracted to me, even if the feeling is not returned, to me it is simply normal human interaction.

Sexual harassment indeed.
Yes having read the legal definition of sexual harassment I withdraw my claim.

However I do think you are guilty of sexually harassing the posters you offer to oil up and webcam with. Hahahahaha!!!

Yes having read the legal definition of sexual harassment I withdraw my claim.

However I do think you are guilty of sexually harassing the posters you offer to oil up and webcam with. Hahahahaha!!!

Ha!

I always say understanding a basic definition when it comes to sexual harassment can save many a lawsuit...

And I will have you know there is a long long LONG cyber line waiting for the titillation that is Trala oiled and cammed!

(and when I say long long LONG list, I actually mean 2 people - Mr Stickyfingers and another poster with a lazy eye...FML)

Ha!

I always say understanding a basic definition when it comes to sexual harassment can save many a lawsuit...

And I will have you know there is a long long LONG cyber line waiting for the titillation that is Trala oiled and cammed!

(and when I say long long LONG list, I actually mean 2 people - Mr Stickyfingers and another poster with a lazy eye...FML)
Hahahahahaha!!!! Lazy eye...George from last year?

I think an adult of average intelligence would be able to figure out that Ed has no interest in a relationship by now and moved on. Were the roles reversed there'd be no sympathy for a male stalking jade and him not getting that she's not into him.

Oh puhleeeaaaassseeeeee! First of all one of the reasons you know Ed is not into Jade is because you were privy to information Jade wasn't (Ed's chat with Heidi where he outright admits it). I do acknowledge he attempted to tell Jade his true feelings on the matter after the bed sleeping arrangement situation, unfortunately he wasnt as articulate and clear cut with Jade as he was with Heidi (which wouldve been hard for Ed cos he woudnt have wanted to hurt Jades feelings). i can also see what Mikkayla was getting at when she chose her topic of discussion about Ed for the family dinner. His thoughts and actions dont always reflect each other. We have to remember Just because you see things happen in the house on the show doesn't mean every single housemate was present to see these things happen. And when the housemates do find out about it they r told someone's perspective of it which isn't always accurate. I do understand the daily show is edited and not an accurate relection of what happened. I'm talking about more about the idea of observing a situation vs hearing about a situation.

Second of all if the roles were reversed Ed would not be the only copping shit. I bet Jade would've been called a tease, a slut, whore etc cos she would've been 'asking for it', you know cos she would be seen to leading him on. Both of them would've gotten sympathy from ppl as well as getting shit from others. Which leads me to my third point....

They r as bad as each other. Both of their behaviour is questionable (I don't know if that's the right word to use but I can't think of a word that would suit better). They deserve each other.

I think they're both decent ppl and they dont have bad intentions towards each other, it's just they're not fully aware of the consquences of their actions.

Well, I haven't watched Big Brother for a week so I have no idea. However, I'm quite happy to say Michelle is such a skanky slapper! And a BULLY! O.M.G. I can't believe what she said to Narelle!

Oh puhleeeaaaassseeeeee! First of all one of the reasons you know Ed is not into Jade is because you were privy to information Jade wasn't (Ed's chat with Heidi where he outright admits it). I do acknowledge he attempted to tell Jade his true feelings on the matter after the bed sleeping arrangement situation, unfortunately he wasnt as articulate and clear cut with Jade as he was with Heidi (which wouldve been hard for Ed cos he woudnt have wanted to hurt Jades feelings). i can also see what Mikkayla was getting at when she chose her topic of discussion about Ed for the family dinner. His thoughts and actions dont always reflect each other. We have to remember Just because you see things happen in the house on the show doesn't mean every single housemate was present to see these things happen. And when the housemates do find out about it they r told someone's perspective of it which isn't always accurate. I do understand the daily show is edited and not an accurate relection of what happened. I'm talking about more about the idea of observing a situation vs hearing about a situation.

Second of all if the roles were reversed Ed would not be the only copping shit. I bet Jade would've been called a tease, a slut, whore etc cos she would've been 'asking for it', you know cos she would be seen to leading him on. Both of them would've gotten sympathy from ppl as well as getting shit from others. Which leads me to my third point....

They r as bad as each other. Both of their behaviour is questionable (I don't know if that's the right word to use but I can't think of a word that would suit better). They deserve each other.

I think they're both decent ppl and they dont have bad intentions towards each other, it's just they're not fully aware of the consquences of their actions.

Good post. The only conversation that Jade has actually with Ed - a guy who had initiated a kiss, and then asked for a second kiss just a couple of hours earlire, then asked her to share a bed - was that incoherent babble. We know Ed isn't interested from plenty of other conversations and observations that Jade hasn't been privy to.

Well, I haven't watched Big Brother for a week so I have no idea. However, I'm quite happy to say Michelle is such a skanky slapper! And a BULLY! O.M.G. I can't believe what she said to Narelle!
Sorry but Michelle is my fave. Narelle is the ho. IT'S THE EDITING!!!

From a guys point of view i kinda feel bit sorry for Jade. To me it looks like Ed has lead her on and now he has just not clearly said NO/not intertested to her and shes just a bit confused. I would not be surprised if she kinda thinks he does not mind her still and its just that in the house he wants nothing to do with her as he promised his sister?? he would not do anything with girls in the house and she thinks there might be a chance outside the house after???. I am sure if he just gives her a clear answer she would stop flirting around with him still. Surely shes not thar dumb enough to know how bad it looks on TV what shes doing if she knew what he and the public know he really thinks of her. Dunno that's just my opinion. See seems like a nice person, i don't think shes being at all malicious in there.

NO! Ed needs to man the fcuk up and just say " Im not interested as youre not my type" as he told Heidi the other day. Ed has never told Jade "NO" just dribbled utter goofy totally incomprehensible bullshit the other day when he spoke to her. No wonder the poor girl is confused! Sick of the women copping flack for so called sexual harassment when males do nothing but bring it on themselves with the mixed signals they give out!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ed should directly say that "hey, I'm just not that into you". You'll still be a 'nice guy' afterwards anyways. Everyone has a right to their romantic standards.

I could see her nominating him now.

It's funny this should come up because I was just looking at a sexual harassment test last night and talking about it. I would say at this point what Jade is doing could be considered sexual harassment. Sexual harassment comes in many forms and one of those is bullying in a sexual nature. Jade doesn't like that Ed rejected her and had to take him down a peg by saying he doesnt' like naked girls ... while trying to get him to look at her see through underwear. Ed doesn't want her advances and she keeps it up. Even asking who kisses better then telling other people how akward it is with Ed even though SHE is making it that way. Just because Ed kissed her before doesn't give her the right to keep going after him. He obviously doens't like her. He may have at one point, then saw her true colors. Just because you kiss somebdoy doesn't give them the right to keep going after you if you don't want to anymore or to degrade them and continue after them if they obviously do not want that.

hahahaha So continual flirting is sexually harassing?? Shit ..I'm in trouble.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ed should directly say that "hey, I'm just not that into you". You'll still be a 'nice guy' afterwards anyways. Everyone has a right to their romantic standards.

I could see her nominating him now.
I can totally see her nominating him as well.

Jade doesn't like that Ed rejected her and had to take him down a peg by saying he doesnt' like naked girls ... while trying to get him to look at her see through underwear.

Oh yeah, Ed is real hard done by.

You say he doesn't want her advances, but he certainly isn't reacting like someone harassed. He's acting like someone who knows he fucked up and is taking a few lumps in exchange. He led her on, fumbled the "break up" and is now taking the hits for it.

You say he saw her "true colours", but what he actually saw was fear - that a relationship in the house is a double-risk: you're an increased risk to be nominated because other HMs fear your relationship is getting you air time, and you're an increased risk to get voted out if something goes pear shaped.

Ed's a calculating, manipulator who uses the nice-guy persona the way a wolf wears fleece to get close to the flock. Jade may be sticking the knife in, and may be little better because of it, but there is plenty of fault to be spread around.

The constant mantra of "poor ed, such a nice guy" bears more similarity to the narrative mike goldman keeps repeating than any resemblance to the reality on your television.

Oh yeah, Ed is real hard done by.

You say he doesn't want her advances, but he certainly isn't reacting like someone harassed. He's acting like someone who knows he fucked up and is taking a few lumps in exchange. He led her on, fumbled the "break up" and is now taking the hits for it.

You say he saw her "true colours", but what he actually saw was fear - that a relationship in the house is a double-risk: you're an increased risk to be nominated because other HMs fear your relationship is getting you air time, and you're an increased risk to get voted out if something goes pear shaped.

Ed's a calculating, manipulator who uses the nice-guy persona the way a wolf wears fleece to get close to the flock. Jade may be sticking the knife in, and may be little better because of it, but there is plenty of fault to be spread around.

The constant mantra of "poor ed, such a nice guy" bears more similarity to the narrative mike goldman keeps repeating than any resemblance to the reality on your television.

On the money again. You are a voice of truth in these forums right now from what I have just read!

i think ed was happy for a snuggle buddy but then jade went in for the pash while they were just sitting there talking. I think that scared him off. I'm sure if they just started snuggling he might have been happy with a few subtle kisses before getting hot and heavy. I think it was a bit full on for him and it scared him a bit, he wasn't looking for something so full on and backed off. I don't see why anyone has to be at fault. She liked him, he was reciprocating and gave the green light, she took the bull by the horns and he said whoa nelly, too much too fast, maybe i'm not so comfortable after all. I think he probably was very interested but she went in for long pash and it was pretty brazen, he changed his mind and tripped over his words trying to let her down gently.

He has told her he's not interested in taking it further, he is not flirting with her, he is just being nice to her. No sexual harassment just an awkward situation. She's leading drew on though, much worse than anything ed has done.

i think ed was happy for a snuggle buddy but then jade went in for the pash while they were just sitting there talking.
To be fair I think it might have been the mole coming towards him at break neck speed that freaked him out. He's only human.

Back