Skip to main content

Is Jade sexually harassing Ed?

Ed asked for a second kiss from Jade on eviction night

Ed invited Jade to share a bed with him that night

Ed fumbled his way through uninviting her without ever really explaining his intentions moving forward

Ed is most certainly not being harassed. He's at best an incompetent weasel, and at worst a selfish manipulative wolf in sheep's clothing.

Either way, he's not the nice guy his "story arc" wants him to be.

Ed asked for a second kiss from Jade on eviction night

Ed invited Jade to share a bed with him that night

Ed fumbled his way through uninviting her without ever really explaining his intentions moving forward

Ed is most certainly not being harassed. He's at best an incompetent weasel, and at worst a selfish manipulative wolf in sheep's clothing.

Either way, he's not the nice guy his "story arc" wants him to be.

Spot on again with your observations.

It should also be borne in mind that the housemates are still talking about Ed and Jade, so it may be understandable that she is still unclear if those around her are still discussing it as if it is a possibility

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say Jade's harassing Ed but she obviously need's to get a clue. Ed may not have said "I don't want you" explicitly but he's certainly given out enough indicators that that's the case.

Oh please not this stupid code shit. They aren't friends in that house they're competitors.

Thank you!!! Honestly the whole 'girl code' comment is just insulting to any intelligent girl anyway. If they were coming out of a long term relationship (or any length of relationship) then sure there is a general respect that should be expected from your friends, but this is only a few week in and its a game. Making it obvious that you like someone, especially when not reciprocated, doesn't give you exclusive relationship /kissing / whatever rights to that person.

Thank you!!! Honestly the whole 'girl code' comment is just insulting to any intelligent girl anyway. If they were coming out of a long term relationship (or any length of relationship) then sure there is a general respect that should be expected from your friends, but this is only a few week in and its a game. Making it obvious that you like someone, especially when not reciprocated, doesn't give you exclusive relationship /kissing / whatever rights to that person.

Totally agree.

Exactly! Thank god you joined the forum!

Can't win either way. Ed comes out with the pearlers some here are suggesting and he'd be labeled the biggest up-him-self jerk blah blah blah on this earth.

I think an adult of average intelligence would be able to figure out that Ed has no interest in a relationship by now and moved on. Were the roles reversed there'd be no sympathy for a male stalking jade and him not getting that she's not into him.

Think of how Rohan would be perceived if he carried on towards jade like she is doing to Ed. Zero sympathy towards Rohan would be my guess. Jade is still in the shock and awe stage, perhaps because she hasn't had her pussy rejected this emphatically in the past. Who knows?

I think Ed doesn't know what he wants. Maybe he does like Jade but he's worried about what the public thinks of him. Jade's flirting with him to try to get him to make a decision but she should just back off a bit because watching her really is embarrassing.

Can't win either way. Ed comes out with the pearlers some here are suggesting and he'd be labeled the biggest up-him-self jerk blah blah blah on this earth.

I think an adult of average intelligence would be able to figure out that Ed has no interest in a relationship by now and moved on. Were the roles reversed there'd be no sympathy for a male stalking jade and him not getting that she's not into him.

Think of how Rohan would be perceived if he carried on towards jade like she is doing to Ed. Zero sympathy towards Rohan would be my guess. Jade is still in the shock and awe stage, perhaps because she hasn't had her pussy rejected this emphatically in the past. Who knows?
This. She is thick as fucking brick if she can't work out he isn't interested. And yet, she continues the pursuit.

Ed knows exactly what he wants, and he knows exactly what he's doing. He was all hot for Jade... but then he calculated it as a risk, and backed away.

Why did he do this? I think it's strategy - the edit suggests it was after the conversation with Heidi on the bed after (though it could have been that conversation as well as others), which made him suddenly ultra conscious that everyone was watching his relationship, and then freaked out that it could impact nominating and/or voting.

Mrs Riddim thinks it's the AFL PR training that Heidi's pointed questions triggered - ie your every move with women will be scrutinised and reflect on you and the league.

Bottom line is it's not genuine, it's not real, it's not being mr. nice guy.

As for Jade, I don't think she gets it, partly because she doesn't want to but also partly because Ed so mishandled backing off. But as for her behaviour since then, I think she's just messing with him. "oh, you don't like to look at girl's bodies? then you don't care how see-through my panties are, right?" She knows it's not genuine, but she can't figure it out - perhaps a bit naive, and a little mean, but no less than he's earned and certainly not over the line into harassment territory.

Seriously, they're all big kids, they can wear the consequences of their actions.

Ed knows exactly what he wants, and he knows exactly what he's doing. He was all hot for Jade... but then he calculated it as a risk, and backed away.

Why did he do this? I think it's strategy - the edit suggests it was after the conversation with Heidi on the bed after (though it could have been that conversation as well as others), which made him suddenly ultra conscious that everyone was watching his relationship, and then freaked out that it could impact nominating and/or voting.

Mrs Riddim thinks it's the AFL PR training that Heidi's pointed questions triggered - ie your every move with women will be scrutinised and reflect on you and the league.

As for Jade, I don't think she gets it, partly because she doesn't want to but also partly because Ed so mishandled backing off. But as for her behaviour since then, I think she's just messing with him. "oh, you don't like to look at girl's bodies? then you don't care how see-through my panties are, right?" She knows it's not genuine, but she can't figure it out - perhaps a bit naive, and a little mean, but no less than he's earned and certainly not over the line into harassment territory.

Seriously, they're all big kids, they can wear the consequences of their actions.

Interesting theory!

Actually yes I agree with you, Jade is messing with him. I didn't think of it that way before.

Agree with every word.

I agree that his behaviour probably reflects PR training, but I think he is Mr Nice Guy all the same. His brother's blog reflects this.

The upside for Ed would be PR exposure to Australia and/or winning. A PR/manager/commentator career in sports is what he wants, and he's not going to let skanks jeopardise that.

She's got the mind of a horny teenager, logic does not enter into it. Ed needs to be more assertive, but at the same time he knows the TV audience wants love interest

I think at the beginning Ed was giving all the signals that he was interested, very much interested in Jade but then I think some of the other HM's comments changed his mind - weak if you ask me. Letting others sway you that much . Ed should man up tell Jade sorry but he is not interested and Jade really needs to get a clue and realise that Ed just isn't going to go there. She really is making herself look
silly.

Yes! Put the roles in reverse and Big Brother would have already given Ed a warning!
This is my point exactly. Apparently it's "cute" and "funny" to the BB producers. But if the roles were reversed...

I'll be surprised if old Ed doesn't chuck more than a couple of points Jade's way on nomination night.

This is my point exactly. Apparently it's "cute" and "funny" to the BB producers. But if the roles were reversed...

I'll be surprised if old Ed doesn't chuck more than a couple of points Jade's way on nomination night.

Nah, Ed wouldn't do that - he's too much of a gentleman :)

If youre looking for a person who's into sexual harassment look no further than Jasmin. Just this morning shes jumping into bed with Caleb and hugging him. Im with Jade when it comes to the "code". Seeing as Caleb and Lucy are close, Jasmin needs to learn boundaries. She did the exact same thing with Ed kissing him in the spa. If I were Lucy I'd punch the slut in the head hahaha :p Nothing worse than a single chick being kissy and huggy all over your love interest. :rolleyes:

I agree, jasmin is a shit stirring mole, without even referring to the girl code, just in general. she knows exactly what she's doing! But she has a lot of innaproiate responses to situations in general eg she smiles at the most uncalled for times.

Back