Skip to main content

Is Alex Mavroidakis & team cracking under pressure ?

Kingston, I'm sorry, I guess my grandfather and my cousin and a few close friends work experiences with Endemol has no bearing to you. Your opinion and you should stick to it.

I hate it when people tell others they don't know anything and have the patronizing nerve be just as clueless. Ignore list you go on.

Lies... Lies... And more lies...

I have found it so hard to watch this season and I have never found a BB series so hard to watch before.

The lack of consistency has been a curse as has the time between episodes. Days and days in a row without having a show and they wonder what is going on with the ratings?

I have a high schooler who loves BB and who has only been able to watch maybe three episodes this entire season because it's on so late.

I could bitch about the quality of the housemates and the contrived "story lines" etc but really - if there was consistency in the airing of the show this would seem less significant because we would have already developed an understanding of who the housemates are without all the parties and 'dramas'.

It makes me sad. I don't blame Alex. I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard assed Channel 9 exec.

I like a lot of what you say, but I think that people can play up to the cameras without having to constantly preen, dance, sing, hold fake conversations with dogs in their arms, etc. Are there no real people who are capable of doing this?

What annoys me is the number of housemates who seem to think you have to do that kind of stuff to get noticed. 2012 was the worst for it, IMO. Between Michael, Ben & Stacy it was a constant "look at me" fest - yet all 3 of them were smart & funny & interesting enough without all the showing off that they would have been better and more entertaining without it.
The most interesting housemates of all time (again just my opinion) - people like Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla, Bianca, Renee, bogan Michelle, Camilla, Paul, Tim Brunero, Dan McInnes, Chrissie Swan et al - are proof that you don't have to play to the cameras to be entertaining and are better off if you don't. Housemates who 'bung it on' shit me to tears.

Thank god this show is over in 2 weeks. :eek: Never thought I would say that about Big Brother.

I really don't like to complain (seriously I really don't) but wow this season has been boring.

I'm one of the biggest fans of BB and have supported it since 2001 but I just can't stand it anymore now. It will never improve. Every great aspect of this show has died this year. Should I get the shovel? It breaks my heart the way Big Brother has turned out now :cry::cry: :cry: . Congrats Channel Nine and Alex Mavroidakis! Look what you've done and you call yourself a BB purist Alex? What a joke! :wtf:

People will say "Hey! Get use to this new version". Well I don't want to. And please don't tell me to leave here if you don't agree with my comments in this post. Please put me on ignore. I'm not going to argue with you. :stop:

They may as well of not filmed them at all (hm's not knowing that of course) had no show on TV and evict them with booming music etc BUT onto an empty stage and empty seats, with voice over "This is BB, thing are not always what they seem!"
That would sort their huge egos out
(actually the weekly eviction show to walk out to nobody would be amusing)

Back