Skip to main content

Is Alex Mavroidakis & team cracking under pressure ?

I think the producers can only be blamed for the goings on in the house. To me it's just plain boring, because every day is filled with a suprise or an event. I would prefer one long opening night twist over several little ones over a few days. If they have to do a stunt every day, BB should set mini tasks, like HM's dress up in an awkward costume for the day, they all sit around, do a shopping task, then have a party on friday night. There are so many other ways to get the HM's to be entertaining.

As for the amount of shows per week and timeslots, Channel 9 is definately to blame for that, but when you think about it, all commercial free to air channels are struggling these days. It may not necessarily be better on Ten. I've seen people say it should be on SBS, which would make it a lot better handled, I somehow doubt they'd be able to take it on, due to cost etc.
Someone said weeks ago that they could set up cameras at their house and have the public evict a family member every week. This would be more low budget than the current show, but as things stand at the moment, would perhaps be more entertaining.

1524739_10151875633082536_46940343_n.jpg

This is the man they decided to put in charge. This guy, right here.

This year, endemol is a pain causing factor, as in my heart is breaking over the travesty that is BB 2014. I looked forward to this series for months only to have to endure this season.

I feel your pain :cry: Be sure you are not alone :(

At least I had my fix, discovering that I could access French BB online :) But still I want BB to be back to at least half of what it was, just half, at this point I would be happy with half :unsure:

The way BBAU has been run this year, I think the writing might be on the wall already.

This year's series with the stunt heavy focus is akin to a terminally ill cancer patient crossing off all these outrageous items from their bucket list (meeting an idol/hero/celebrity, taken around a racing track in a Ferarri, skydiving over the swiss alps, etc). They're trying to do several things they believe to be really exciting to distract away from the fact that a shitty, undignified death is just around the corner (a last "hurrah" if you will). Everyone sees it happening, but no one wants to say it out loud until the eleventh hour where they bring in the priest to administer last rites to the limp, clammy, pungent shell of what was once a bright, passionate, intelligent entity that was loved by all in its presence.

I hope Channel 9/Production write a good Eulogy, but if this year’s anything to go by, they’ll probably fuck that up too.

W
I like a lot of what you say, but I think that people can play up to the cameras without having to constantly preen, dance, sing, hold fake conversations with dogs in their arms, etc. Are there no real people who are capable of doing this? I think so. I had high hopes for Aisha and Cat, but they turned out to have little substance.

What exactly makes Skye not a real person??

W

What exactly makes Skye not a real person??
Who is Skye? I don't know. She comes across as phony. God bless her, but I doubt she will obtain the stardom that she so obviously wants. She auditioned for the wrong show and in the process has annoyed me to death.

Yeh, I think they want it over and done with. They have not even been trying to raise revenue, they are not constantly reminding people to vote, they are not putting the hm's on any of their shows!??!! You think they would interview evicted hm's on Sonia's morning show, but I've yet to see anything about bb on that show. (of course, I may be wrong about that as I don't really watch morning tv). You think Karl on today would have loved a go at making Lawson look like a cheating idiot. I mean pretty sure the Block guys were on those shows all the time. Oh well, get it over with Channel 9 and just maybe SBS will get it next year and then we can really see some action.;);):)
Plenty of TheBlock on Mornings and Today. Nothing BB related until Cat&Lawson on Today. It's almost as if Nine DOESN'T want to admit the show exists.

I hadn't heard that before - and it's kinda surprising since he has been quite openly anti-BBUSA... Bit of a dick move on his part there then.
The producers all work under Endemol whereas the show being produced depends on the stations hence Endemol signing contracts with Chan 9 after it ended with Chan 10 and Endemol being with CBS of America for quite sometime. All the Producers have been around each other in some capacity in the Endemol camp.

The producers all work under Endemol whereas the show being produced depends on the stations hence Endemol signing contracts with Chan 9 after it ended with Chan 10 and Endemol being with CBS of America for quite sometime. All the Producers have been around each other in some capacity in the Endemol camp.
Didn't Alex say they have conferences and trainings where all the big brother shows worldwide get together? I think that was in one of his interviews.

Didn't Alex say they have conferences and trainings where all the big brother shows worldwide get together? I think that was in one of his interviews.
Yes, Endemol trains all the producers to develop a style of BB suited to the Culture of the country it will be aired in, hence the competitiveness of USA and Canada and the Mental/Inclusivity of the BBAUS. Alex doesn't like the USA style because it's mostly geared towards direct gameplay; meaning that the Diary Room is narrated through what happened rather than BB asking them. Allison Grodner is also one of the least liked of the producers.

Yes, Endemol trains all the producers to develop a style of BB suited to the Culture of the country it will be aired in, hence the competitiveness of USA and Canada and the Mental/Inclusivity of the BBAUS. Alex doesn't like the USA style because it's mostly geared towards direct gameplay; meaning that the Diary Room is narrated through what happened rather than BB asking them. Allison Grodner is also one of the least liked of the producers.

Please don't talk about things you know absolutely nothing about... Your entire post couldn't be further from the truth...

Please don't talk about things you know absolutely nothing about... Your entire post couldn't be further from the truth...
Kingston, I'm sorry, I guess my grandfather and my cousin and a few close friends work experiences with Endemol has no bearing to you. Your opinion and you should stick to it.

I hate it when people tell others they don't know anything and have the patronizing nerve be just as clueless. Ignore list you go on.

Back