Skip to main content

In The News

the thing maybe I am not getting in all of this palava is that G I Jane doesn't seem like an insult. She seems strong, independant and powerful. There are certainly a lot worse things to be compared to. I would take that as a compliment.
Well that’s the thing isn’t it…. It seems like a fairly nuts reaction to me.

Just saw this clip on youtube, quite cool really I don't think i've ever seen a steam train in my lifetime going along some normal Melbourne train lines (apart from good old "Puffing Billy" of course). These clips were taken this month here in Melbourne. Oh I bet the greenies would just love to see more of these great old trains running all the time around here in Melbourne. Good thing we have plenty of coal to fuel these beasts for many years to come...lol ;)

the thing maybe I am not getting in all of this palava is that G I Jane doesn't seem like an insult. She seems strong, independant and powerful. There are certainly a lot worse things to be compared to. I would take that as a compliment.

It's not. It's just a reference. Demi Moore looked beautiful and tough with her shaved head. So that's what she is being compared to and I don't think many people would disagree with that description of Moore. Jada looks beautiful bald and she's spoken about loving the look.

The whole thing is wild though. Especially when people jump on, "But Jada has an auto-immune disease and Rock was mocking it." Which is an emotional argument and anyway, hurt feelings don't justify assault.

There also is a lot of confusion of the term alopecia.

Alopecia is a term that just means hair loss. Every single person has alopecia as they age. The issue is the term is only associated with more extreme conditions of alopecia.

The most common are;
  • Male pattern baldness
  • Female Pattern baldness
  • Alopecia areata
Everyone is jumping onto this as if she has the auto-immune disease alopecia areata. Yet here's the thing, she doesn't. We can look at her head and see a short crop of shaved hair. There are no female pattern baldness signs, there also aren't patches and circles of missing hair as one would expect from alopecia areata.

She just has thinning hair as she ages. Which we all do. Yes, she can be sensitive about it but this is not the way people are understanding the term alopecia in her case.

There is however a line of missing hair, in the hairline above her forehead which Jada has claimed to be caused by alopecia. This is her patch of missing hair.

What is this line? It's a scar from a coronal brow lift. Plastic surgery. So while she has alopecia from aging, as everyone else does. She is also, intentionally or not, pretending to be suffering from alopecia areata to eplain a plastic surgery scar.

Everyone's ignorance on the term is being used by some to excuse the assault.

I don't think it's ever been confirmed, but there's plenty of evidence, such as the time he funded a Scientology elementary school.

My guess is that there's probably some customised version of Scientology afforded to rich arseholes like him.

The grossest thing about the whole incident is that he wasn't shunned, kicked out and was still nominated. Instead, he was embraced. I don't even know how to put into words how gross that was.
Nomination occurred ages ago, but the night was additionally marred by this

The main thrust of questions is why is Will upset about a hair joke when he has been the butt of Jada's affair w/a very young man (their son's friend)...

Well that’s the thing isn’t it…. It seems like a fairly nuts reaction to me.
Nuts is the least of it. The Academy re wrote a standard of Conduction in 2017 & expelled Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby & Harvey Weinstein. Will's act of violence was beyond the pale & they could take away his Oscar among other punishments.

It's not. It's just a reference. Demi Moore looked beautiful and tough with her shaved head. So that's what she is being compared to and I don't think many people would disagree with that description of Moore. Jada looks beautiful bald and she's spoken about loving the look.

The whole thing is wild though. Especially when people jump on, "But Jada has an auto-immune disease and Rock was mocking it." Which is an emotional argument and anyway, hurt feelings don't justify assault.

There also is a lot of confusion of the term alopecia.

Alopecia is a term that just means hair loss. Every single person has alopecia as they age. The issue is the term is only associated with more extreme conditions of alopecia.

The most common are;
  • Male pattern baldness
  • Female Pattern baldness
  • Alopecia areata
Everyone is jumping onto this as if she has the auto-immune disease alopecia areata. Yet here's the thing, she doesn't. We can look at her head and see a short crop of shaved hair. There are no female pattern baldness signs, there also aren't patches and circles of missing hair as one would expect from alopecia areata.

She just has thinning hair as she ages. Which we all do. Yes, she can be sensitive about it but this is not the way people are understanding the term alopecia in her case.

There is however a line of missing hair, in the hairline above her forehead which Jada has claimed to be caused by alopecia. This is her patch of missing hair.

What is this line? It's a scar from a coronal brow lift. Plastic surgery. So while she has alopecia from aging, as everyone else does. She is also, intentionally or not, pretending to be suffering from alopecia areata to eplain a plastic surgery scar.

Everyone's ignorance on the term is being used by some to excuse the assault.
Until we hear what the consequences are, let's leave it here w/a commentary about Chris' film Good Hair where he interviewed a woman w/severe alopecia

Just saw the friends episode where Monica wanted her haircut like Demi Moore... made me chuckle given all of this.

They're talking about this on ABC news now!

Yes I noticed it during the day on the ABC news also, oh well luckily I rarely ever walk into those stores mentioned these days now. Last time I was in those stores would have been before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Anyway I still always wear my facemask all the time whenever I leave the house, I wonder how well those facial recognition systems work with people wearing face masks? lol. I have to make sure I wear the largest face covering possible if I ever walk into a Bunnings, K-mart or a Good Guys store! LOL! ;)

I was thinking that too. I still wear a face mask too.
I haven't been to Kmart for years, but pop into bunnings now and again.
We all need to go into those places pulling faces 😜

Back