Skip to main content

In The News

What are your thoughts on this guy's backyard privacy wall? lol. I say good on him but I don't think it will stay up there that long in a really strong wind storm...lol

I also wish I could build something like that along some fences around here to block out all the new double storey dog boxes going up all around here with big windows allowing them to view straight into your backyard. So the damn council allows anyone to build these tall ugly eyesore dog boxes everywhere and destroy your privacy, but when you want to put up your own wall to block out their highrise windows you are not allowed...?

Yes that seems quite fair alright... :rolleyes:
I think that wall is a bit much. Trees!! Trees are acceptable. Bloody huge weird non-complying structure definitely not!

I think that wall is a bit much. Trees!! Trees are acceptable. Bloody huge weird non-complying structure definitely not!
Good grief. He should replace that with some pittosporums. They grow a few metres tall and bushy very quickly and can give him some privacy again in a couple of years.

He said there used to be some lovely pine trees there or something which created some privacy but they were dying and he removed them out and placed up that wall in there place? I guess he wants some instant privacy and not have to wait around 20 years for the new trees to take their place.

Good grief. He should replace that with some pittosporums. They grow a few metres tall and bushy very quickly and can give him some privacy again in a couple of years.

Don't know about those pittosporums but some Bamboo plants can certainly can grow quite fast and quite high in a few years. But still nothing will be as fast and as private as that feature wall that he put up...lol

He said there used to be some lovely pine trees there or something which created some privacy but they were dying and he removed them out and placed up that wall in there place? I guess he wants some instant privacy and not have to wait around 20 years for the new trees to take their place.
Yes. I saw he said that. But there are still way better options than that construction he put up. In my view.

Don't know about those pittosporums but some Bamboo plants can certainly can grow quite fast and quite high in a few years. But still nothing will be as fast and as private as that feature wall that he put up...lol
Except that it won‘t be private at all when the council makes him take it down again.

Hmmm yes another great idea for those that carry a "smart phone". So they are now thinking of ways to also track where your trolley travels to along with your "smart phone"...lol.

I don't see what's so hard about carrying a gold coin to use in a shopping trolley? Also places like Coles and Safeway (Woolworths) if you just ask at the front counter they usually give you a "free" plastic coin token to use in the trolleys instead of a real dollar coin. I always use one of these plastic coin tokens for years now when I shop at any supermarket and need a trolley. It has the added bonus of if you ever can't find a place to get the token out you can just leave the trolley anywhere and all that you will lose is the cost of a "free" plastic trolley token...lol ;)

Now if these "QR" code locked trolleys ever take off (which I doubt as I think they are more costly than the current system) I wonder if the worker at the front counter can "unlock" a trolley for me to use as I don't have a "smart phone"? LOL! Either they unlock it for me with their own "shop" phone or I may have to invest in some special compact "bolt cutters" to use instead....lol. Just enough needed to cut through that wire holding the trolleys together....lol.

Sort of reminds me of this scene from "Terminator 2 - Judgment Day"...lol :D

Hmmm yes another great idea for those that carry a "smart phone". So they are now thinking of ways to also track where your trolley travels to along with your "smart phone"...lol.

I don't see what's so hard about carrying a gold coin to use in a shopping trolley? Also places like Coles and Safeway (Woolworths) if you just ask at the front counter they usually give you a "free" plastic coin token to use in the trolleys instead of a real dollar coin. I always use one of these plastic coin tokens for years now when I shop at any supermarket and need a trolley. It has the added bonus of if you ever can't find a place to get the token out you can just leave the trolley anywhere and all that you will lose is the cost of a "free" plastic trolley token...lol ;)

Now if these "QR" code locked trolleys ever take off (which I doubt as I think they are more costly than the current system) I wonder if the worker at the front counter can "unlock" a trolley for me to use as I don't have a "smart phone"? LOL! Either they unlock it for me with their own "shop" phone or I may have to invest in some special compact "bolt cutters" to use instead....lol. Just enough needed to cut through that wire holding the trolleys together....lol.

Sort of reminds me of this scene from "Terminator 2 - Judgment Day"...lol :D

Seems like an example of someone trying to find an overcomplicated solution. Which of course then ends up on an intrusion of our privacy.

What about those trolley's that literally lock the wheels when they try and leave the premises? They already exist.

Under a new bill introduced in NSW Parliament last week, retailers will have three hours to retrieve items that are causing a safety hazard in the community.

If shopping carts are left out in the cold for too long, supermarkets could be asked to cough up fines ranging from $660 to a whopping $13,750.

That sounds a bit extreme, but surely ensuring the trolleys can't leave the area around the supermarket would be an easier solution?

Storytime.

I once called the phone line to report an abandoned trolley. I was walking past, saw the number to call as I looked at the trolley. Hesitated and then called it out of a feeling of civic duty. The lady on the phone so was rude. Basically got angry at me for calling the number and not reporting through an app. It then took about 6 days until the trolley was gone.

I can't say I have noticed this since the pandemic, but in the years leading up to it. There was an issue with abandoned trolleys around where I live. There's a local shopping street and area with a few supermarkets and a train station. Trolleys everywhere. There'd be over 20 trolleys abandoned on the footpath at the entrance to the station. It was a persistent problem. There should have been a daily collection. Even when cleared, the next time you walked past there'd be one, then two and so on.

It wasn't just the station, but all around the surrounding streets. Trolleys. Which for some reason people then treated as bins. Coffee cups were the most frequently discarded rubbish in them. Yet all sorts of rubbish. Even bags of dog poo and napies. People are gross.

Do not like. It's all just moving along the push where there's no anonymity online. In a world where all communications and discussions can/will be monitored. It's the stuff of dystopian nightmares.

made 2 years ago - now more true than ever

Looked at another one of these folks "clips", and well they seem to be like some online lefty spin off show similar to "The Project" on channel 10. I wonder if these video's are sponsored by the Greens/Labor party by any chance? lol

More likely nobody wants to waste time on a turd...
yeah we fucked up and he fucked up, and just piss off please
Australia is now 3rd highest infected rate in the world why would anyone risk coming here right now

But thanks for bringing the shameful refugee situation to the world
Novak is a virus he belongs in the disease thread

I read this and thought well i'd like to know where people are buying brand new blank VHS tapes these days. The only places where you'd likely find any of these now would be those el-cheapo $2 shops here and there. I still have quite a few brand new blank VHS tapes here and there from when most of the major retailers were still selling them some years ago.

But I can agree with what they say some old things can only be found on some rare and oddball VHS tapes from the past. Like for example some years ago I walked past a very full dumpster at a local op-shop and I noticed some VHS tapes had been thrown out and were sitting near the top of the dumpster. Anyway I had a closer look at them and I found a set of 3 VHS tapes that seem to have been released by channel 10 Australia featuring bloopers and outakes from the "Good Morning Australia" television show with Bert Newton. I watched a bit of one tape when I found them and they are legit behind the scenes clips from the show. I don't know where i've placed them now but I still have the set of tapes here somewhere.

I also found in the same dumpster an original Nokia 1610 mobile phone training video in VHS format for the Australian market featuring Amanda Keller. As this was my first ever mobile phone I had I couldn't actually believe I found the official training video for it in a op-shop dumpster about 15 years later...lol. So yes you'd be amazed what you can find on some old VHS tapes. It's just luck that I was in the right place at the right time and managed to save just these few VHS tapes here from going into landfill and being lost forever. I'd hate to think how many other rare tapes of footage are being dumped everyday because someone that's sorting these out at many op-shops and other donation places who just think they are plain "rubbish" and no one would ever want them.

Someone has uploaded the original footage from the Nokia 1610 training video onto youtube. So it seems at least someone else out there has a copy of this same VHS tape...lol. Cheers!

Last edited:
Is Will Smith a scientologist?
He behaves like one..ie weirdo ...and seems to have odd relationships

I don't think it's ever been confirmed, but there's plenty of evidence, such as the time he funded a Scientology elementary school.

My guess is that there's probably some customised version of Scientology afforded to rich arseholes like him.

The grossest thing about the whole incident is that he wasn't shunned, kicked out and was still nominated. Instead, he was embraced. I don't even know how to put into words how gross that was.

Back