Skip to main content

In The News

I do not 'get' coke at all, the original feels like you have a mouthful of paint stripper.........only useful when young and suffering a hang over
That is the only time I have imbibed coke, when you need to clean your palette/furry tongue/mouth
Coke tastes like I imagine battery acid would, and diet coke tastes like really awful lollies, it is all gross
My brother was addicted to the foul stuff.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

OUR VIOLENT SOCIETY...............SPORT NEEDS TO CLEAN UP IT'S ACT

Andrew Gaff receives eight week AFL suspension for brutal punch2:14
0fc8bb8b129224bfcf6f4be9b0bba95e

West Coast Eagles midfielder Andrew Gaff has had his AFL season cut short after receiving an eight-week suspension for punching an 18-year-old opposition player. Fremantle's Andrew Brayshaw is recovering from a broken jaw and will require years of dental treatment and therapy after being floored by Gaff in a one-punch incident mid-game. Gaff pleaded guilty to the incident but failed to convince the AFL tribunal that he was aiming for the rookie's chest.

SUPPORT FOR POOR PERPETRATOR v CRIMINAL CHARGES CALLED FOR

FORMER Hawthorn and Carlton star Daniel Harford has blasted the “shameful” treatment of Andrew Gaff after his king hit left Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw needing surgery for a broken jaw on the weekend.

A distraught Gaff said after his hearing he was “suffering” and “the last 48 hours has probably been the toughest couple of days of my life” — realities Harford suggested have been overlooked by the footy community as it condemned the 26-year-old for his sickening punch, some even suggesting he should face criminal charges for assault.

“The coverage has been shameful in the last 48 hours from many corners of society, let alone the media,” Harford said on RSN Breakfast on Wednesday.

CALLS FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES

@Robbo_heraldsun
Not everyone will agree, so save the abuse. But you can't punch someone and break their jaw and escape police scrutiny just because you're wearing a footy jumper. Will be surprised if charges aren't considered

Prominent West Australian lawyer Tom Percy flagged the prospect of criminal charges being laid against Gaff after what he described as a “cowardly assault”.

“Andrew Gaff? What can you say?” Percy wrote on Facebook. “He doesn’t deserve to play AFL again. Ever. (There is) a prima facie case for a police investigation. I’ve had people go to jail for less.”

Melbourne-based QC David Galbally agreed. “Looking at it, it’s a very serious assault,” he told Fairfax. “If you were just on the street and committed something like that, a judge would look at putting you in (jail). You would really run the risk of either getting a suspended sentence or getting a small stint,” he told Fairfax Media. “He would be very hard-pushed to get a penalty that didn’t have a record for an assault like that — unprovoked.”

We have a huge domestic violence problem, a huge coward punch problem, a huge child abuse problem........
Time to get drastic and tough, no more violence in sport.........and ban boxing until we have sorted violent our problems
Several countries have banned boxing for periods, some forever.

I much prefer lemonade. Coke can be a bit too sugary for my tastes.

Apparently Coke is good for cleaning toilets, and......as i said it is way too acidic and icky to drink

A Coke a day keeps the doctor away: Mum shocked after GP says her son must drink 300mL of the soft drink every day to avoid organ damage and risky surgery
  • A mum has opened up about how her two-year-old son swallowed a shell
  • She says after taking him for an X-ray it was revealed the shell had become stuck
  • It measured 39.2mm long and was sitting at the top of his abdomen
  • Doctors said an operation would be too risky and recommended cola to dissolve
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ked-doctor-prescribes-300mL-Coke-day-son.html

Apparently Coke is good for cleaning toilets, and......as i said it is way too acidic and icky to drink

A Coke a day keeps the doctor away: Mum shocked after GP says her son must drink 300mL of the soft drink every day to avoid organ damage and risky surgery
  • A mum has opened up about how her two-year-old son swallowed a shell
  • She says after taking him for an X-ray it was revealed the shell had become stuck
  • It measured 39.2mm long and was sitting at the top of his abdomen
  • Doctors said an operation would be too risky and recommended cola to dissolve
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ked-doctor-prescribes-300mL-Coke-day-son.html
I've never been much of a Coke drinker thankfully. I have to really want it to drink it. What the heck is in it to dissolve a shell.

I've never been much of a Coke drinker thankfully. I have to really want it to drink it. What the heck is in it to dissolve a shell.
Phosphoric acid, I think. Probably citric acid too. I’m a bit of a coke addict. Orange juice has a low pH too, but I guess the ‘advantage’ of coke is that you can get versions without sugar. So you get the acid but not the calories. Good if you want to dissolve shells. Or teeth....

But stomachs naturally contain acid. And we drink many acidic drinks aside from coke. So it’s not sooooo unusual to have acid in our systems.

Poor strawberry growers.......keep buying their fruit

And, instead of dumping them, can't they do something with them?
Like, for jam, drinks and shit????
All squashed and through a metal detector

Oh and COLES, I know why you want to ban trolleys in the self serve section........
I have been watching, it is hilarious, they can't tell what has been swiped.
The poor worker spins in circles, and has no hope of catching any thieves.
Serves them right.
They set up self serve for bagging, now that has gone, they cannot cope

Oh and COLES, I know why you want to ban trolleys in the self serve section........
I have been watching, it is hilarious, they can't tell what has been swiped.
The poor worker spins in circles, and has no hope of catching any thieves.
Serves them right.
They set up self serve for bagging, now that has gone, they cannot cope

I hadn't heard about this. I really hope they don't ban it as I bag myself these days. Felt to me like all the bloody check-out peeps suddenly lost the ability to bag properly when they banned the plastic. Only took a couple of shops with horror bagging to send me to self serve with my full trolley. Better not make me go back!

No ban on trolley in self serve, they backtracked

I asked the workers, are self serves losing you jobs, and they always tell me no
So I use self serve now, because the registers are way too slow, I can scan my own way quicker

At one of the Coles I go to, the self serve area is just not designed to accomodate trolleys. Often the trolley user will be using one checkout while parking their trolley in front of another.

Back