Skip to main content

I'm done

I wonder if anyone in the making of the program is aware of how people are feeling. They must know this, and other forums exist. So they should be looking for feedback. Unless they don't bother and just look at the ratings, which must tell them something isn't going as well as it could.
I don't think al l that came out as it was in my head, but I'm sure you can get what I'm saying. :unsure:
Well they changed virtually nothing from their first season to the next - indeed they almost double downed on their approach.

Interested to understand what the VIP version will be like. Isn't part of involving celebrities for their personalities? I don't think this current format is good at showing that.

Last edited:
Interested to understand what the VIP version will be like. Isn't part of involving celebrities for their personalities? I don't think this current format is good at showing that.
I'd imagine although producers will have their favourites they'll be less blatant manipulation. Probably about 12 celebs and 10 episodes over 3 weeks meaning no need for any funny business.

I'd imagine although producers will have their favourites they'll be less blatant manipulation. Probably about 12 celebs and 10 episodes over 3 weeks meaning no need for any funny business.
Brekkie. You are my shining beacon of optimism to counter my dark grey bleak nihilsitic view.

Yes, this version seems to be about what facial expressions or highlighted comment each housemate makes under duress. There is nothing at all about what they choose to do in the house at their own accord. At least that’s how it seems to me.

Would be interesting to break down a random episode with strategy talk, shopping / reward task, nominations / evictions percentages to see what we actually get out if these episodes.

Reactions: kxk
which may actually be quite good. hopefully the celebs could give the producers some better direction ;)

but i reckon itll be funny business. putting them through the same rigamarol.

Did it feel like you missed anything, even though you missed the intros? zme thinks it would still play absolutely fine without them. But could probably do the same with all not elim episodes & just watch the recaps and still know what’s going on there.
Nope, didn’t feel I missed anything much, and I am convinced it made the show better, intruders were a waste of time, and I wasn’t at all interested in wasting my time

There has been 9 non eviction episodes so far.

Ep 6 - SJ & Mary to Attic
Ep 12 - Intruder Gabe voted in
Ep 13 - Intruder Alex voted in
Ep 15 - Christina voted to be walking dead
Ep 16 - Brenton voted to be walking dead
Ep 20 - SJ fake evicted
Ep 23 - Marley voted to get the eye-dol.
Ep 24 - Tilly fake evicted to mirror room
Ep 25 - Ari fake evicted to mirror room

For a show that promises aN eViCiTiOn EvErY nIgHt, they've got something wrong when so far, 36% of your episodes have not resulted in an eviction.

Just send the fucking idiots home please. This show is draaaaaaging.
Fuck.

I genuinely feel sorry for anybody who has even watched past episode 2. Even more so for those actually enjoying this poor excuse of a game show.

I agree. It seems they are just biding time to fill out a particular number of episodes… In terms of number of episodes they’re approaching that of an average BBUS series and they filmed in a similar timeframe which makes the fact that the series was pre-recorded even more nonsensical.
But at least in the American seasons, they have a set schedule. Evictions on Thursdays, Vetos on Wednesdays, and Nomination/Other Stuff on Sundays.

BBAU doesn't need to have an eviction every episode. Put in a competition to save yourself or something. Nominator selects 3, then you can save one in the next episode with eviction.

Fuck.

I genuinely feel sorry for anybody who has even watched past episode 2. Even more so for those actually enjoying this poor excuse of a game show.

The sad part is that there was potential in this series. There were housemates there willing to make moves both dumb and smart throughout the show. But it was all pointless because of the stupid gimmicks of the producers in trying to protect their favourites. A blatant manipulation of reality not seen since The Truman Show.

But at least in the American seasons, they have a set schedule. Evictions on Thursdays, Vetos on Wednesdays, and Nomination/Other Stuff on Sundays.

BBAU doesn't need to have an eviction every episode. Put in a competition to save yourself or something. Nominator selects 3, then you can save one in the next episode with eviction.

Or introduce a veto for the Australian version?

Whew, I just found that my "login" from years ago here still works... I wasn't even sure this was the same Forum. Anyway, being from the US and I have watched BBUS from the beginning as I have BBUK, I still find BBAU to be better in the way BB treats the house, i.e. giving punishments/rewards and admire that your challenges are actually physical and mentally superior to the other versions. I gave up on BBCA as it followed the US too closely.

I can see how "Veto" or something similar could fit in and nightly evictions (or BB saves) can be a bit much. But, you IMO, still have an excellent format. Regardless of the multiple saves in rooms, at least it seems your production team goes all in to make it a part of the show. All are on basic rations, unless some win privilege. In the US it's just a few on Slop and they no longer (use to) compete for food. They are spoiled as they know BB will stock the Storage Room with all foods based on their criteria... Veg, Vegan, Kosher, etc., They don't have to allocate $'s to accommodate all from wins.

There are so many here in the US watching your series wishing ours had some of your presence. I still enjoy mine, but it is the same format and we know from week-to-week now what is coming next...

I'm sure we all watch others and enjoy the differences.

Oh, and we also every season feel production is favoring certain players as you do here. Do they? Yeah, I think there is validity in that.

Stop trying to put band-aids over band-aids. It doesn't work.

Need to go back to basics. Lock some people up, ban the producers from directly talking to the contestants and film/stream 24/7 for authenticity. Let the housemates direct the show.
The show isn’t not working because of the gameplay format. The show isn’t working because it’s pre-recorded and the lack of integrity surround it.

Stop trying to put band-aids over band-aids. It doesn't work.

Need to go back to basics. Lock some people up, ban the producers from directly talking to the contestants and film/stream 24/7 for authenticity. Let the housemates direct the show.

Why is that a band aid solution?

I’m still in the process of catching up. I’m struggling to keep entertained. If the series is gonna be 30 episodes like the US version and it’s on 3 days a week, then just copy and paste the US formula? Too many contestants and too many twists. This could easily work fine with a 16 person cast with a normal eviction cycle.

Back