Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

Laurina was actually being kind, suggesting they share that load more as it is arduous, same with cooking.
How do you see that as insulting?
Seems a good idea to share the load more, and they just shut her down.
Pick up later, that is why Dean doesn't talk much, they shut him down too.
I agree. It was her making a suggestion to contribute to helping out the camp. I found the response to her was a shutdown, basically like they don't care for her contribution in any way. I think they took what she said more personally or they clearly just don't respect her and I feel for her if that is the case.

Is asking a person to eat weird crap. that suffers from twisted bowels/intestines whatever it is, really a good idea?
Kind of like asking a person with a bad back to lift heavy stuff; a diabetic to eat sugar; an existing med condition is a legit reason to say no.
Isn't Jo Beth vegie? Same, legit reason to say no.
I'm curious is Laurina's reason well founded? does anyone know???
I think if I had had any operations in the gut region I would be careful.

Shayne-Warne-644200.jpg

Laurina was actually being kind, suggesting they share that load more as it is arduous, same with cooking.
How do you see that as insulting?
Seems a good idea to share the load more, and they just shut her down.
Pick up later, that is why Dean doesn't talk much, they shut him down too.

Yes, his comment that that's why he doesn't give suggestions was telling. There's a bit of dismissiveness happening by the older campmates.

I know quite a few people on this forum enjoy the show and yes it is on Eleven. You can go to Eleven's website to catch up on missed episodes I would suspect.

I personally watched one episode and was not impressed.

Each to their own.
Yes I googled it from scratch and found it. Watched half an episode. It's ok so far. They had Akmal on so of course it was funny. Maybe therefore I have a more positively biased view at the moment .. We'll see.

...I wonder who actually works out the comedic script for when Julia and Dr Chris do those little sketches together?... would they have writers or would it be just Julia working it all out or Dr Chris too?... whoever it is it seems that there's not much time to waste in writing them does it?... either way... they are always usually really funny for me at least... cheers.
Hey Mr S. I meant to answer this question last night. I think Julia has a big imput re the comedy side of the skits between her and Dr Chris, given her past on that comedy show . Dr Chris just seems to be able go with the flow quite easily with her. They have a great rapport. There would be some help with their act I suspect.

Last edited:
Laurina was actually being kind, etc

Let me clarify, I didn't mean to suggest Laurina was deliberately being mean or unkind. I know she has good intentions, but I feel a lot of what she says comes off as very patronising, and a lot of her 'advice' is designed to make JoBeth feel inferior. If I had someone I lived with constantly giving me advice when I didn't ask for any, I'd get pretty annoyed too.

Let me clarify, I didn't mean to suggest Laurina was deliberately being mean or unkind. I know she has good intentions, but I feel a lot of what she says comes off as very patronising, and a lot of her 'advice' is designed to make JoBeth feel inferior. If I had someone I lived with constantly giving me advice when I didn't ask for any, I'd get pretty annoyed too.
You have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your take on the whole Laurina/Jo Beth situation.

The only thing I'm still not sure about is whether Laurina is being patronising on purpose or just doesn't see her advise giving as being annoying.

Last edited:
Back