Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

...in regards to who the next camp leader will be I think that they will all vote for Paul Harrigan to be 'The Chief'... (get it?)... mainly because he's about the only one that they would all be thinking would be best suited for the job because of his 'niceness an politeness'... they would all be seeing him as the most 'trustworthy' that won't use the leadership to 'settle scores' and giving the lousiest chores too... I would love to see it be Laurina just to see the look on Jo Beth's face alone... lol!... Imagine it... it would be hilarious!... cheers.

...that blowup sofa is beginning to look a tad bit tatty and worn now isn't it?... I hate the sound of their forks or spoons scraping the bottom of those tins that they eat out of... it does my fucking head in!... **scrape scrape clunk clunk scrape clunk scrape scrape!**... AAAAARGH!!!...stop it FFS!!!!... cheers.

...that blowup sofa is beginning to look a tad bit tatty and worn now isn't it?... I hate the sound of their forks or spoons scraping the bottom of those tins that they eat out of... it does my fucking head in!... **scrape scrape clunk clunk scrape clunk scrape scrape!**... AAAAARGH!!!...stop it FFS!!!!... cheers.
You don't scrape your cutlery across your plate when eating? It's not a sound I like either but as they're metal it's amplified. The softest sound would be plastic but they don't have it.

Akmal going was a bit out of the blue, but maybe viewers picked up on his defeatist vibe, he seemed worn down by the experience.

So Dean finally talks... and the penny drops that maybe we prefer him when he doesn't.

Val is such a trooper.
Val is indeed a trouper. Showing the kiddies how it's done. Learn your craft, apply it and forge ahead.

So this other show, the Now! Show is not shown on ten, but on eleven? It doesn't seem to appear on the normal webpage... Is it worth watching?

So this other show, the Now! Show is not shown on ten, but on eleven? It doesn't seem to appear on the normal webpage... Is it worth watching?
I know quite a few people on this forum enjoy the show and yes it is on Eleven. You can go to Eleven's website to catch up on missed episodes I would suspect.

I personally watched one episode and was not impressed.

Each to their own.

Last edited:
You don't scrape your cutlery across your plate when eating? It's not a sound I like either but as they're metal it's amplified. The softest sound would be plastic but they don't have it.

...haha!... granted that we all do scrape our cutlery across our plates when we eat our dinner Khun Khun but what I was referring to really was that because they put their tins up to around the exact height of their microphones around their necks the sound is amplified which in turn makes it sound like they have their heads in a dunny can scraping the last tidbits out of the can... lol!... (perhaps I should've explained myself more appropriately during my whinge lol!)... it's a bit like when watching two people having a snog in Big Brother... all that slurping and slopping sound amplified when the microphones are around their necks are so close to their mouths... it too is such an awful sound being amplified... hmmmm!... (maybe I'm just a finnicky old fart eh?... lol!) :rolleyes::)... cheers.

Oh damn. I wanted Akmal to win. He is smart, kind and funny. Dayyuum. Ohhhh. Do they ever do guest appearances with the hosts after they get kicked out. That might be funny. Chris and Julia are fun hosts.

Well they appear on the Now show on 11 after they're out. Akmal was on it last night, and I think they said they'll have more on him tonight.

...haha!... granted that we all do scrape our cutlery across our plates when we eat our dinner Khun Khun but what I was referring to really was that because they put their tins up to around the exact height of their microphones around their necks the sound is amplified which in turn makes it sound like they have their heads in a dunny can scraping the last tidbits out of the can... lol!... (perhaps I should've explained myself more appropriately during my whinge lol!)... it's a bit like when watching two people having a snog in Big Brother... all that slurping and slopping sound amplified when the microphones are around their necks are so close to their mouths... it too is such an awful sound being amplified... hmmmm!... (maybe I'm just a finnicky old fart eh?... lol!) :rolleyes::)... cheers.

Hahahaha I must be a finicky old fart, too. It is irritating to listen to and shits me no end. :mad:(<maybe not that angry).

:p

I got a laugh at Havana Brown retelling the story of how Justin Bieber hit on her in the nightclub.

Havana saying Justin was just a little boy and she wasn't interested in him. All those girls hanging off him but he wanted her.

Naw, she is the one that got away from the Biebs. :arghh:

The two least interesting people in there finally contribute something - "Guns are good" and "Bieber tried to hit on me". I guess they've got nothing else. Dean also has nice abs and Do-doo-de-doo-doo has nice hair. And that's really the extent of it.

Shame on you Australian (voting) public preferring that over Akmal.

The two least interesting people in there finally contribute something - "Guns are good" and "Bieber tried to hit on me". I guess they've got nothing else. Dean also has nice abs and Do-doo-de-doo-doo has nice hair. And that's really the extent of it.

Shame on you Australian (voting) public preferring that over Akmal.
I was wondering if they were using puppets with Dean and Havana last night. Their mouths were moving and stuff was coming out but I wasn't entirely convinced. O_O

Grr re Akmal going.

Is it worth watching?

Nope. Hate to say it but Heather is not very good. Joel is OK but Heather is just there to wear short skirts and laugh at his jokes. You can tell they are both new at presenting because of the awkwardness, poor timing and not particularly good gags. You aren't missing anything by not watching, for example, they cross to camp while someone is picking their nose, and read off tweets. Effectively, the public is giving them all their material. It was slightly less cringey the night Joel hosted it alone but not much.

I was hoping for something a little 'meatier', not just family-tv filler crap.
It reminds me of one of those trashy late night contest shows, like the one with HotDogs, but just in an infinitely better location.

It could be soooo much better. It just too infantile. A better option would have been to pick one contestant a night, shown more footage of them, discuss their chances, any highlights or lowlights, their relationships with the others. Show us something we haven't seen, and/or expand the story ie. make it worth watching.

That makes more sense then :) I too don't like the kissing sounds on tv, in movies and indeed in real life. Off putting to say the least.

I'm watching the catch up and the girls did so well in their trial (especially Val)! Pretty impressive stuff. I liked the cards for Valentine's Day, they were very sweet.

I think the serious conversation about gun control was interesting. I don't think Shane has a clue what he's talking about, American's see their guns and any restriction on them as a serious disregard of their Constitution, so it's not realistic to just "get rid of them". I don't agree with Trump (like, at all) or all of Dean's opinions but I like that he seemed to have at least researched his position and was willing to argue outside the group's ideals.

Havana's birthday was so cute! And Fev is such a sweetheart. I love seeing them all getting along so well. It's also a little funny to see just how well Laurina's doing in the kitchen.

I'm so disappointed Akmal left! Though he did seem pretty pleased, and I don't think he clicked so well with some of the celebrities anyway (Shane etc) since Akmal isn't really a "jock" dude, nor big into material things. I actually felt really sad watching his eviction interview, he seemed so despondent. I really loved watching him on the show :(

Back