Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Articles

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
Two Real Housewives, an ex Bachelor contestant and Big Brother winner: Channel Ten casts net wide to recruit reality stars for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
By Megan Pustetto For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 11:03 EST, 4 October 2015 | Updated: 11:32 EST, 4 October 2015

• View comments

The last season of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! saw enough drama to last viewers a lifetime.

But Channel Ten is already recruiting for the next series of the reality show, and if the rumours of their casting is true, it looks like it could be another bumpy ride in the jungle.

It has been reported that Gamble Breaux and Janet Roach from The Real Housewives of Melbourne and Laurina Fluere - who rose to fame on season two of The Bachelor- have been approached to star in the show.

Scroll down for video

2D0F0C5A00000578-3259030-image-m-10_1443915652485.jpg

+12
    Is she going in? Gamble Breaux from Real Housewives of Melbourne is said to have been approached to star in I'm A Celebrity...Get me Out Here!

2D0F085600000578-3259030-image-a-18_1443916118147.jpg

+12
    Danger in the jungle: The bubbly blonde, 43, is said to have been approached to star in the series alongside Janet Roach, with whom she rarely sees eye-to-eye

And, according to News.com.au, former Big Brother and The Celebrity Apprentice contestant Tim Dormer has also been approached to star on the next installment.

It has been reported that Channel ten Ten talent scouts have approached the aforementioned stars as it begins casting for the series.'I'm certain that one of the housewives will be spending a few weeks in the jungle,' an insider revealed to the publication. 'And I can't wait to see them eat gross stuff.'

The publication also reports that more than half of the available jungle camp spots are full, already locking in at least one big name for its South Africa-based hit reality series.

2D0F0C4200000578-3259030-image-a-19_1443916324212.jpg

+12
    Rival: Janet Roach, from Real Housewives of Melbourne, could be pitted against Gamble in the sweltering South African jungle. Pictured at the Trainwreck premiere in July

2D0F086200000578-3259030-image-a-14_1443917321192.jpg

+12
    Claws will be out: The interesting selections would see warring Gamble and Janet taken well out of their luxurious comfort zones in the South African wilderness and would definitely make for drama-filled viewing

It is believed six others are close to signing on the dotted line.

A Channel Ten spokeswoman told the publication that the casting process was going well and producers had been 'inundated' with interest.

The interesting selections would see warring Gamble, 43, and Janet, 55, taken well out of their luxurious comfort zones in the South African wilderness and would definitely make for drama-filled viewing.

2D0F0C3200000578-3259030-image-m-9_1443917267577.jpg

+12
    Reality starlet: Controversial Bachelorette Laurina, 31, has a high chance of appearing on the show

2D0F087300000578-3259030-image-a-13_1443917312475.jpg

+12
    Second time lucky: Laurina signed up to be an intruder for the show's debut this year but dropped out last minute due to ill health

2D0F169200000578-3259030-image-a-11_1443917294551.jpg

+12
    Declined: The publication reported that Tim Dormer, crowned the winner of Big Brother in 2013, was approached but turned it down

Controversial Bachelorette Laurina, 31, has a high chance of appearing on the show.

She signed up to be an intruder for the show's debut this year but dropped out last minute due to ill health.

The publication reported that Tim Dormer, crowned the winner of Big Brother in 2013, was approached but turned it down.

2D0F16B600000578-3259030-image-a-6_1443917202248.jpg

+12
    Winning combination: Last year the popular show was hosted by Chris Brown and Julia Morris

Last year the popular show boasted a number of high profile celebrities, including Chrissie Swan, Tim Robards, Anna Heinrich, Lauren Brant, Laura Dundovic and American actress Maureen McCormick.

Comedian Joel Creasey, also appeared on the show and has since attributed his stint to accelerating his career, resulting in discussions about various TV projects.

Meanwhile, last year's crowned winner of the jungle was British cricketer Freddie Flintoff.

The 37-year-old contestant endured an emotional rollercoaster during his time on the show, battling bouts of depression as he ingratiated himself with Australian campers.

2D0F4A8B00000578-3259030-image-a-5_1443917184312.jpg

+12
    All star cast: Last year the show boasted a number of high profile celebrities, including Chrissie Swan, Tim Robards, Anna Heinrich, Lauren Brant, Laura Dundovic and American actress Maureen McCormick

2D0F16B200000578-3259030-image-a-7_1443917210599.jpg

+12
    Lasting romance: Last year Tim Robards and Anna Heinrich were bought in as intruders on the show

The Lancashire-born star won over Australians with this English charm and affable nature, beating AFL legend Barry Hall, 38, to the coveted title.

Earlier he had told hosts Chris Brown and Julia Morris: 'As an Englishmen winning something in Australia, it's unheard of.'

Reflecting on his experience in the camp he said: 'I've just tried to take everything out of it, no point moping around. I love meeting new people it's been nice.

'Friendships get accelerated in the camp, so I dropped my guard and spoke about things.'

26AACCC700000578-2995414-Jungle_man_Freddie_Flintoff_was_crowned_King_Of_The_Jungle_on_I_-a-3_1426423486353.jpg

+12
    Jungle man: Freddie Flintoff was crowned King Of The Jungle on last year's show

26AACCE500000578-2995414-_I_m_shocked_The_37_year_old_British_cricketer_couldn_t_believe_-a-2_1426423486346.jpg

+12
    'I'm shocked! The 37-year-old British cricketer couldn't believe he had won after ingratiated himself with Australian campers and viewers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...uit-stars-m-Celebrity-Here.html#ixzz3nZSbNGh5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r-im-a-celebrity/story-e6frfmyi-1227554270464

Word has it a Real Housewife and a Bachelorette could be heading to the jungle for I’m A Celebrity
October 2, 20153:10pm
cff3ac57e78a3ff13af1cff6ab1f1cad

New season ... Network Ten is currently casting for next year’s instalment of I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! hosted by Chris Brown and Julia Morris.

Shannon MolloyNews Corp Australia
  • Email a friend
CASTING for the next season of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is under way and word has it more than half of the available jungle camp spots are full.

Network Ten has locked in at least one big name for its hit South Africa-based reality series, but six others are close to signing on the dotted line, it’s understood.

Gamble Breaux, colourful star of The Real Housewives of Melbourne, is rumoured to have been approached.

So too was Janet Roach, who also features in the Foxtel show, according to gossip.

7f193f5e01806ebfb0f93ca899390e89

Jungle bound? ... Rumour has it Gamble Breaux from The Real Housewives Of Melbourne has been approached for I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!Source:News Corp Australia

“I’m certain that one of the housewives will be spending a few weeks in the jungle,” an insider said. “And I can’t wait to see them eat gross stuff.”

Another possible camper is Laurina Fleure, who rose to fame in the 2014 instalment of The Bachelor Australia.

7a99e52d4e8412f3a59a6d9534f6fc17

Take two? ... Laurina Fleure was meant to be in this year’s I’m A Celebrity but pulled out at the last minute due to ill health. Picture: Jake NowakowskiSource:News Corp Australia

The 31-year-old was actually due to be in this year’s debut season of I’m A Celebrity.

Fleure signed on as an intruder but pulled out last minute due to ill health, it can be revealed.

Rumour has it Tim Dormer, of Big Brother and Celebrity Apprentice fame, was also tapped but declined.

A Ten spokeswoman said the casting process was going well and producers had been “inundated” with interest.

Rumour has it Tim Dormer, of Big Brother and Celebrity Apprentice fame, was also tapped but declined.

I wonder why Tim would decline. I guess maybe he didn't want to be in another 'celebrity" type show so soon? Maybe he thought people would get sick of him? or perhaps he didn't enjoy the Celebrity Apprentice experience? or maybe it's the obvious deterrent that he just did not want to eat disgusting bugs in the African jungle and spend many mindless hours doing absolute nothing!! ;)

I think Tully would be a second choice if they were going to pick someone from Big Brother. A lot of viewers would probably enjoy sending her into the challenges. :devil::p

I wonder why Tim would decline. I guess maybe he didn't want to be in another 'celebrity" type show so soon? Maybe he thought people would get sick of him? or perhaps he didn't enjoy the Celebrity Apprentice experience? or maybe it's the obvious deterrent that he just did not want to eat disgusting bugs in the African jungle and spend many mindless hours doing absolute nothing!! ;)

I think Tully would be a second choice if they were going to pick someone from Big Brother. A lot of viewers would probably enjoy sending her into the challenges. :devil::p
i reckon legally he can't go on the show? im sure he'd be desperate to go on tv whenever possible!

i reckon legally he can't go on the show? im sure he'd be desperate to go on tv whenever possible!

You mean he might be on a contract with Channel Nine that doesn't let him go on other networks?
I wouldn't think they would do that with a Celebrity Apprentice cast? It wouldn't be fair for the celebrities not to be able to get any other work? or at least the contract only exists until Celebrity Apprentice finishes on TV? I was thinking they would all be on freelance contracts like Julia Morris is?

Richard Reid does guest appearances on Studio 10? Surely he wouldn't give that up long term?

Perhaps if the rumour is true of Tim joining the show he is saying he is declining because the celebs are supposed to keep it a secret.

yep, I kinda assumed Tim was a given. I'm surprised he turned it down. I doubt Tully would do it, she constantly has make up caked on these days, she couldn't handle it

yep, I kinda assumed Tim was a given. I'm surprised he turned it down. I doubt Tully would do it, she constantly has make up caked on these days, she couldn't handle it

I don't know. I think Tully would love to be on TV again and I think she would enjoy getting to know the other celebrities.

I think Tully has sort of built herself a new image and people don't see her as a cheater and complainer anymore so i don't know if she'd want to risk it

The ad turns me of with the opening lie - sorry, line. While it certainly did enough to justify being recommissioned it was hardly a "phenomenon". Certainly wasn't a breakout hit and Ten will be hoping for it to grow - don't think they'd be happy with a repeat of the first series ratings.

Not a surprise that Tim Dormer was approached. When news broke that Alex M would be working on the second season several posters including myself stated that Tim would be one of the first "celebrities" on Alex M's hit list. I know the articles say that Tim has declined but I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the show. Like someone above mentioned he could just be saying that due to the fact that they are meant to keep the fact that they are on the show confidential. The producers would love to have Tim on the show because he is a controversial character who people either love or hate and people always seem to talk about him and his antics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers reached out to people like Katie Hopkins or Perez Hilton either. They showed last season that they aren't afraid to cast international celebrities and there were rumours that Alex M and co. wanted to get Hopkins and Perez cast on the celebrity Big Brother that Channel 9 were considering doing.

I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Overload coming your way in 2016
November 19, 2015 7:15pm

Freddie Flintoff wins I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!
external

origin:video_integrator.Q1ajYwdDoxXDFc70FQuz2mYxqxRo5zf9

GET ready for a double dose of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! in 2016, with Network Ten revealing its plans to amp up the jungle-based reality TV show when it returns next year.

Ten announced its upcoming content line-up overnight and the big reveal was the network’s significant investment in six new local productions, most notably I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Now.

The series will function as a companion show to Ten’s second season of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! — hosted again by Julia Morris and Chris Brown — which was one of the top-rating shows of 2015.

• 900cbbb894813ee4f5d90e719b8f4c51

Bachelor star Heather Maltman will co-host.

• 585cde9e07b3ac9d7a14122886afde0f

Joel Creasey competed on I’m A Celeb in 2015.

• 718c7b534b6fe2f9c458a75a52649547

Comedian, author and artist Ahn Do.

• dc2adce7c9ad770f10b181ed61eacf71

Chrissie Swan.

• bb830d3743c9dbe43d3d256949dbec24

Matt Preston and Grant Denyer on set of Family Feud.

• 94723588a70bd804b0af8fcc4aa24b87

Matthew Le Nevez will play motoring legend Peter Brock in the upcoming telemovie.

• 62b5b7529cb7b75198e533c77a47eebf

Jessica Marais will star in The Wrong Girl.

• 943a863e0076daefdc8ff52404496a53

Author Zoe Foster Blake.

• 787b9ea980be3da46cbf620d02e5dd2b

Waleed Aly, Carrie Bickmore, Peter Helliar will return to The Project desk in 2016.
1 of 9
Hosted by comedian Joel Creasey and Bachelor contestant Heather Maltman, the new show promises to treat I’m A Celeb fans to “behind-the-scenes action from the jungle, updates about their favourite celebrities and exclusive news and gossip.”

Now will run each night after the main show on secondary Channel Eleven and will be broadcast from South Africa.

While the rumour mill is already in full swing, we’ll have to wait until next year to find out which celebs have signed on for season two.
v1

Another notable newbie coming on Ten next year is a local version of reality series Survivor. Australian Survivor, part docu-soap, part competition, part human drama, will be set on a remote tropical island overseas and Ten promises it will be “big, noisy and exciting family entertainment”.

Also added to the schedule is Long Lost Family, hosted by Anh Do and Chrissie Swan. “An uplifting factual series that reunites mothers, fathers, daughters, sisters and brothers after years of separation.”

Based on the award-winning UK format, Long Lost Family will “take viewers through the complex, emotional and often painful process of reuniting people who have been lost to each other, sometimes for decades.”

This means Chrissie Swan, who emerged as runner-up on I’m A Celeb last season, will be a busy woman in 2016. The TV and radio personality was recently named co-host of Nova’s revamped breakfast radio show in Melbourne along with Sam Pang and Jonathan Brown, and she will also return to co-host Spelling Bee with Grant Denyer.

All Star Family Feud will be coming to Ten in 2016, capitalising on the success of the Grant Denyer-hosted Family Feud. Denyer will also host the new series, which will run in addition to his regular game show six nights a week.

All Star is tipped to feature anyone from politicians, to pop stars, to football players and fashion icons, all competing for cash prizes for their favourite charities.

Ten will also air two new dramas, the first being the Peter Brock telemovie, starring everyone’s favourite TV heart-throb, Matthew Le Nevez.

Steve Bisley, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Brendan Cowell and Ella Scott Lynch will also appear in Brock.

One surprise of the night was the announcement of brand new drama, The Wrong Girl, based on the 2014 book by Zoe Foster Blake. From the writers of The Secret Life Of Us, The Wrong Girl will star Aussie golden girl Jessica Marais in the lead role of Lily.

Returning local content in 2016 will include the eighth season of MasterChef, with George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston all back for more, and Nigella Lawson announced as a new guest chef.

Also back is The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, hosted again by Osher Gunsberg, Shark Tank, hosted again by Sarah Harris, Gogglebox, Have You Been Paying Attention, The Living Room, The Great Australian Spelling Bee, Territory Cops, Bondi Rescue and Bondi Vet.

The sixth season of beloved drama Offspring will also finally make a return to our screens — hooray!

Noticeably absent from the list of returning shows is TBL: Families, which has struggled in the ratings this season, despite the added interest of celebrity trainers Michelle Bridges and Steve ‘Commando’ Willis expecting their first child together.

New overseas content includes the six-part television event of The X Files, new US series American Crime Story, starring John Travolta, new comedy Life In Pieces, starring James Brolin and Dianne Wiest and US legal comedy series The Grinder, starring Rob Lowe.

Returning overseas content includes NCIS and its spin-offs NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, Modern Family, Madam Secretary, Law & Order: SVU, CSI: Cyber, Scorpion, The Good Wife, Limitless, The Graham Norton Show and more.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Content that lives on all

screens is at the heart of our business. In 2016 we will continue to introduce innovative,

contemporary content with mass appeal that our viewers can engage with in multiple ways

on numerous platforms.

“For several years now, our strategy has been to encourage people to enjoy our content anywhere, at any time and on any device. That will remain our mantra in 2016. It is television as it should be, with our viewers being able to watch our great content whenever they want, wherever they are and however they want.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...your-way-in-2016/story-fnihmoiz-1227615951132

hm, so "Now" will be Fallout Zone's replacement, I'm guessing. The question is will it be live footage from the camp and a chance to eavesdrop on the conversations and reactions ... or will it be a 'live' show full of filler and extras from the tenplay website (i.e. little or no live camp footage) :unsure:.

But if it like FOZ with decent runs of uninterrupted live footage (as much as the classification allows) then yay I guess.

Great so this means Ten have no interest in BB at this point. Our only hope is for shitty Nine to renew it. And what are the chances of that at the moment.

people posted the boards for August/Sept and Oct/Nov on Twitter - both had "new aussie franchise" on them for the 7:30-8:30 slot

Back