I didn't watch FOZ so can't compare, but I would assume this would be based on the UK version's side show of the same name. It's a comedic panel type discussion of the events in camp, with a few exclusive clips from camp and behind-the-scenes interviews with the crew on setting up the trials, production etc. It does add something to the show, but thinking of it as a replacement for live feed could make it seem a downgrade I guess.hm, so "Now" will be Fallout Zone's replacement, I'm guessing. The question is will it be live footage from the camp and a chance to eavesdrop on the conversations and reactions ... or will it be a 'live' show full of filler and extras from the tenplay website (i.e. little or no live camp footage) .
But if it like FOZ with decent runs of uninterrupted live footage (as much as the classification allows) then yay I guess.
Yep, I posted it on the TV thread , and there is a thread about itWait, hold the phone ..... Are we getting a local version of survivor????
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/20dd9b22fcc19d23b8123f6527f39110Maureen McCormick banned from catching up with ‘I’m a Celeb’ pals
November 20, 2015 1:22pm
Andrew Bucklow news.com.au
MAUREEN McCormick has been banned from socialising with her I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here pals ... and it’s all Joel Creasey’s fault.
Speaking to news.com.au at Network Ten’s 2016 program launch in Sydney last night, the comedian revealed the former Brady Bunch star’s husband has put his foot down after he and McCormick had a messy outing in Los Angeles two months ago.
“I took her out to dinner and she and I consumed several bottles of wine,” said 25-year-old Creasey.
“We played pool all night at a gay bar in Santa Monica called The Roosterfish and I sent her home in such a state that other I’m a Celeb contestants who have tried to hang out with her in LA since haven’t been allowed to because her husband has said no.
“She’s been banned from catching up with us!”
At last night’s event it was announced that Creasey will also be a part of the popular reality TV show next year.
He’ll be heading back to South Africa to host a new program called I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Now which will air each night after the main show on ELEVEN.
Creasey will be joined on the show by Heather Maltman from The Bachelor, and Ten said the show will “give viewers behind the scenes action from the jungle, updates about their favourite celebrities and exclusive news and gossip”.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/b22eb9f62319d0e562c36301e7d4bb68Bigger stars, mores scares and less chance of getting a meal: Huge changes ahead for new season of I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!
November 26, 2015 4:35pm
News Corp Australia Network
IF you thought the challenges on the inaugural season of I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here looked terrifying, prepare for a whole new level of scare tactics.
Ten’s Chief Programming Officer Beverly McGarvey said that the biggest lesson producers learnt is that “Australians aren’t afraid of enough stuff.”
“On the English version they’re scared of everything” she said, adding that the Aussie celebs not only wouldn’t bat an eye at a snake slithering through camp, but they breezed through most of the early challenges too easily.
As such, producers plan to up the ante for 2016 by adding more animals, more scares and more ways of not allowing contestants to zone out during particularly scary challenges.
“We’ve got the entire season of challenges already planned out, last year we only had the first two weeks planned” she previewed.
“And we’ve added an element of luck — we don’t want them to win too much.”
In other words, the new celebs better prepare to go hungry more often than not as the challenges decide how many meals they will be awarded each night.
Casting is always crucial for any reality show, and McGarvey said that they have put more pressure on themselves to find big stars for night one but also to make sure that there will be personalities who each bring something different to the table — and create some much needed tension.
“We learnt a lot last year in how to put the group together,” she said.
“We’re being more reflective this year in how we’re putting people together so that personalities aren’t too ‘samey’.”
Another big change for I’m a Celeb fans is the addition of companion series I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here Now! Hosted by Joel Creasey and Heather Maltman, it will air on digital channel Eleven after the main show wraps, extending the conversation for super fans.
And McGarvey said that if it’s a success for them, chances are we’ll see a similar spin off show for their other water cooler reality franchises — The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.
“If the Celebrity show performs the way we expect it to on Eleven ... you can expect we will spin-off other shows as a definite,” she said.
Yes, it's a spin-off behind the scenes/extra discussion show rather than live streaming. If they've any sense they'll keep the live streaming to air immediately after Now! insterad.I didn't watch FOZ so can't compare, but I would assume this would be based on the UK version's side show of the same name. It's a comedic panel type discussion of the events in camp, with a few exclusive clips from camp and behind-the-scenes interviews with the crew on setting up the trials, production etc. It does add something to the show, but thinking of it as a replacement for live feed could make it seem a downgrade I guess.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-faces-star-2016-series-m-Celebrity-Here.htmlformer Big Brother star Skye Wheatley has told Daily Mail Australia she hasn't been contacted to star on the show.
PMSL! I can't even imagine why Skye would be considered.And they say there's only bad news in the papers these days.