Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

Okay so just reiterating that Anna and Tim from one of our silly Bachelor seasons have entered as Intruders. My opinion? Pretty lame and predictable. It also kinda makes it seem totally underwhelming considering all the "one of the most famous couples in Australia" talk. I mean... really?

But something interesting did come from tonight's episode. As I mentioned in another thread, the campers were talking about possible Intruders and Lauren mentioned that one of her ex-boyfriends was chosen to be an Intruder on a "certain reality show" (which was obviously unnamed) and that he was told by producers to specifically go in there to "be all over the girls". It obviously sounded like she was referring to Big Brother because, really, what other show has Intruders? So I did a bit of research and as it turns out I'm pretty sure she once dated Ed Cherry, who was known as just Cherry in our 2008 season of Big Brother. ;)

So yeah.

As far as Anna and Tim go, I'm not too interested in either of them at all. I am looking forward to tomorrow's Tucker Trial though.

I also found the reference to 'intruder' interesting and thought of BB. Lauren also said, when asked how the other people reacted to her boyfriend coming on to the girls, that they 'played along'. Implying that the other people on the show were in on it.

This is how BB used to be.
Even though these people are famous, we still get a nice inside to their lives and hear proper conversations and we realise they are human like the rest of us.
It must be Peter Abbott's influence because there's literally SOOO many various aspects of this show (even production values) that remind me of and mirror parts of BB01/BB02 sooooo much!

Hallelujah! I cheered along with the others when laura wasn't chosen for a trial again and cheered another two times when those that did get the highest votes were Tyson and Andrew, which were the only ones yet to do a trial.

Tyson won out though, so fingers crossed Andrew gets more votes than all the others next.

Even though these people are famous, we still get a nice inside to their lives and hear proper conversations and we realise they are human like the rest of us.

It's amazing. I shed a little tear when Chrissie was crying about her son, and I loved feeling that sort of early-Big Brother connection. It's so good.

It must be interesting for Peter Abbott to be overseeing another show with Chrissie, twelve years later.

It must be Peter Abbott's influence because there's literally SOOO many various aspects of this show (even production values) that remind me of and mirror parts of BB01/BB02 sooooo much!

I know what you mean. The part with Chrissie talking about her son's hearing just aired here. It was like a sequel to her time on BB, 12 years on, getting that glimpse into how her life has changed.

Edit: Just saw your post as well iJake.

Laura did really well in that trial. It makes you wonder how differently she would have been perceived if the first trial she had been given had been one like that which didn't bother her?

Laura did really well in that trial. It makes you wonder how differently she would have been perceived if the first trial she had been given had been one like that which didn't bother her?
Too little, too late, you think?

can we have a tucker trial where merv's back gets waxed?
Dying of laughter. #love
I know, this first week has been more interesting then the whole season of last Big Brother alone!

...I have to admit that I didn't really think much of her when she bummed out the first time but she has more than redeemed herself since on several occasions in my opinion... she has done more to feed the camp than most of them together methinks... yep!... she's stepped up a few notches in my books at least... well done Laura!... cheers.

I don't think I could do this Tucker Trial. It's a) scary as hell and b) genuinely quite difficult!

Back