Skip to main content

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am officially bored with BB.

I am loving the show. I think they are a great bunch to tune into.

To the serial whingers, why do you continue to watch?!

It makes as much sense as biting into a shit sandwich, then continuing to eat the sandwich, while complaining after each bite that it tastes like shit!!!

Put the shit sandwich down, pick up your remote and change your fucking channel.

Problem solved.

Um...

We whinge on here because we know the show could be so much better if done properly.

We watch because most of us have been dedicated fans since the early seasons. We live in hope that one day the show will dramatically improve. At times we lose the hope because it seems the show will never change and just as it seems to go forwards the producers and Channel Nine make it go backwards to a place we thought it could not even go lower.

I think people should be allowed to whinge here. I read that sometimes some of the Big Brother staff browse these forums. Perhaps if enough people whinge they will do something to improve.

You also seem to like every season TraLa? Yes, every season and each group of housemates have potential but we are not seeing most of the interesting conversations and are stuck with repeated footage, contrived parties, out of chronological editing and stunt after stunt. We are not getting the full picture and that is why we are complaining. The potential is never reached.

during big brother series 1 no one was that fake as to what you may see knowdays in 2014 with lots of fake one acts like a idiot like sky who acts as if she is imaturity with make up and all. Why big brother 1 evryone just had a good time chatting together and enjoying by seating down without been a ass and not been a childish ? if you combare it with today big brother housemates.. the version of today is more imaturity and more stupid and more fake then what it was meant to be in big brother series 1. Back then on BB01 it was more realistic.. It wasnt like you expect to see guys seating like a dog. They where all seated on a table like grown up people and talk. Not like today where yous ee idiots acting imaturity and scream around even most of them are old enough to have a wife and children.

I believe back in bb01 it was more matured and more respectful on words and bit of fun now and then. Today in bb generation is more imaturity and more stupid to more idiotic. I notice how know days the big brother housemates are more like one has the looks like she doesnt care nothing while the other looks more of a fake. In big brother series 1 all of them where more who they are non of that (wierdos) and BEN said on the first day of the big brother gala inside the hosue he said. (im glad non of odd) I had the feeling most would of been wierdos). But non at all. But if you can imagen today in bb show you have lots of wierdos like tim the idiot from last year big brother. If i was there i would teach him how to stop curly his hair like a drag queen. Thank you.

Um...

We whinge on here because we know the show could be so much better if done properly.

We watch because most of us have been dedicated fans since the early seasons. We live in hope that one day the show will dramatically improve. At times we lose the hope because it seems the show will never change and just as it seems to go forwards the producers and Channel Nine make it go backwards to a place we thought it could not even go lower.

I think people should be allowed to whinge here. I read that sometimes some of the Big Brother staff browse these forums. Perhaps if enough people whinge they will do something to improve.

You also seem to like every season TraLa? Yes, every season and each group of housemates have potential but we are not seeing most of the interesting conversations and are stuck with repeated footage, contrived parties, out of chronological editing and stunt after stunt. We are not getting the full picture and that is why we are complaining. The potential is never reached.

Very good point, in fact if you hadn't started it with the word "Um..", I would consider it to be a perfect response! Ha!

I guess it is the difference between reading a well articulated post constructively critiquing what can be done better, and the monotonous whinging just for the sake of whinging.

You are right, I have liked every season, and while I share some of your sentiments regarding the editing and production since it went to 9, I just get tired of the moaning.

I am not the sort of person to stay at a party if I am having a shit time, and I guess I get frustrated by the amount of people who stay at the party just to moan how rubbish it is.

Very good point, in fact if you hadn't started it with the word "Um..", I would consider it to be a perfect response! Ha!

I guess it is the difference between reading a well articulated post constructively critiquing what can be done better, and the monotonous whinging just for the sake of whinging.

You are right, I have liked every season, and while I share some of your sentiments regarding the editing and production since it went to 9, I just get tired of the moaning.

I am not the sort of person to stay at a party if I am having a shit time, and I guess I get frustrated by the amount of people who stay at the party just to moan how rubbish it is.

Hey TraLa.

Sorry for the sarcastic "um..." Bit. lol.
It just frustrates me when people tell other people to stop whinging. Sometimes it comes across to me like they are saying "your opinion is not valid" and "you are wrong, I am right".

Sorry again. X

Reactions: Tee
im getting a bit bored too because there is not enough content and information so I can't follow anything that it is going on.

I still love the format and will always have an interest in BB, but its just not worthwhile viewing anymore, and if they dont give us enough content to catch up with its so watered down there isn't enough to keep my interest

Hey TraLa.

Sorry for the sarcastic "um..." Bit. lol.
It just frustrates me when people tell other people to stop whinging. It comes across to me sometimes like they are saying "your opinion is not valid" and "you are wrong".

Sorry again. X

Um...

Well we can agree to disagree, because where you find frustration when people tell others to stop moaning, I find it frustrating when people moan just to moan. Doesn't mean either of us are right, just means we have differing views, and that's okay.

I have never been a fan of a mindless moaner. If you have an opposing opinion, or a constructive criticism, that is great and of course valid to me. But if you are just moaning for the sake of moaning with no real opinion, that shits me to tears, particularly when it is shared purely through emoticons!!

Never be sorry for sharing your opinion, p
articularly when your views are so well articulated and thought out.

If its any consolation you are not alone. BBUS has also gone to stunt casting...to fill roles and uses far more recruits than applicants who have actually seen the show. The twists which they believe will stir things up in the house actually generally do the opposite. Production of the edited show has nothing to do with what is actually happening in the house. You see the same type of complaining about their show, no one is happy...the current version is not as good as the old one etc etc.

In BBUK this year they gave the former call girl a free pass to the finale on opening night and the show sort of sucked from that point on.

BBCAN is in its infancy stage, has had two excellent seasons but is due to some good casting choices and a few twists that worked out.....that wont always happen.

BBAU would definitely benefit from having live feeds and I dont understand why they dont have them...they make money on it in the US...not much but it covers some bills. Personally I couldnt stand watching them but its great to have people reporting on what is actually going on rather than see just what they provide us. So I understand it can be made better but for me its still so much better than the other choices despite its faults. I never miss an episode.

I still think you guys underrate this show, as for outsiders Aussies are for some reason which I cannot put my finger on, fascinating to watch...even when you think they are being boring. For the most part the accents are understandable though it took me a while to figure out what whinging, pash, and a few other words were.

Anyways....its not just BBAU that is having concerns....its pretty well universal however I am going to think positive and believe that despite all the concerns cited you will have another season of BB next year....on one channel or another and the producers will address some of these issues.

Cheap to make, covers local programming regulations with a reasonably well rated show in premium advertising age groups...why not keep it around?

that's $185,000 in fines according to the 2005 and 2006 systems. You're right. I don't know what it is I'm watching. I've always been a little confused about BBAU. Of course, this is coming from an American.

It's gotten to the point where I have to skip Sunday night episodes and fast forward through long stretches of conversation.

I agree it's impossible to pick a winner, they are all the same, no one stands out as a potential winner based on personality, do any of them even have one ? I also don't like how formal it is, clothes , makeup and high heels for the girls and slicked back hair and all day exercising for the boys who are such gossips. Remember James ? remember Friday night games ? BB was fun, so much laughter on Friday night's and in general, the trendy dressed up sobbing women and men make the show boring. Can anyone remember all the winners from past years ? I don't care who wins this year..no one deserves the money or the almost three month holiday lying around bitching like over fed slugs ...such a shame.

Yep. It isn't BB.

He was more omnipresent back then, commanding and, of course, mean. I missed that BB who punished them for the smallest things. This one is just rarely present and careless.

Granted, I did like how he gave Cat 1 point nomination. He should do that more often. He should be more punishable.
I was waiting for BB to give her a strike for that.
But I agree. He isn't as strict as he used to be in the past.

I just can't get into this years BB. It just seems tired, scripted....just 'meh'.

Last year I watched most of the nightly episodes, but this year i'd be luck if I've seen two or three full eps, every time I turn it on it's just so boring and bitchy....not good tv in my opinion.

BBUK was gripping viewing, series went for too long and lost some interest towards the end - (Blew my poor data limit streaming that bad boy)

BBAU however is meh, I catch it I catch it, if I don't well ... I'm probably better off

It's sad that our favourite TV Show has just... crashed and burned, thanks to Channel 9. Our last hope for Big Brother Australia is that it will be picked up by any other network and NOT by the Nine Network.

The funniest things in the past have often been the result of when HM's sit around bored.

This. Perhaps what we're bored by is the lack of boredom? Peter Abbott understood what you just said, the current producers don't seem to.

I am loving the show. I think they are a great bunch to tune into.

To the serial whingers, why do you continue to watch?!

It makes as much sense as biting into a shit sandwich, then continuing to eat the sandwich, while complaining after each bite that it tastes like shit!!!

Put the shit sandwich down, pick up your remote and change your fucking channel.

Problem solved.

It's a less bloody option than watching an actual train-wreck.

Im starting to get the urge that maybe big brother productions are doing this delibertely in order for the big brother fans to hate the show more and to feel more bored. So that then it is easier for the channel and themselfs to quit big brother for good. Without the everyone going crazzy and crying over wanting big brother back on television. Nice try channel 9 you dull station. Bring back the original format how hard is it to do so ? just because we are in 2014 ? Dont tell me was 2001 boring big brother show ? wake up please.. at least we had webcams 24/7 we had uplate shows 5 days a week. We had big brother shows 6 days a week as well with the sunday evictions. We had special performance dance to its max before the credit ended the night for the evictee to dance live on television. There was fireworks for each housemate who comes out. We gave them cars and watches and mobile phones to even plays tation to even a digital handy camera to film. What more you like ? you aint getting any of this lack on channel 9 just a lazzy little tiny 5 thousand check by a company.... where more likely you can;t even claim that cash so quick.

Its why there was more big brother fans back then then today. Today is like given the bb hosuemates too much things to see and do.. in bb 2001 there was a basic house.. The ideal was to have the housemates bored and to open up a imaginations and to make something out of it and thats how interesting it was every night on tv.

Not like today where today you see are force to do a task and force to do a game task... but yet we have trouble to get to know them hosuemates well yet... I dont even bloody know where the kitchen and the bed and the living room is actually located because they just dont seem to do the show correctly.

Back