Skip to main content

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am officially bored with BB.

gold

Awesome site donor
I've been a fan of BB since the very first year. I watch US and UK each year, in fact I think I've watched most of them twice. I've been to several of the AU eviction shows (in the CH10 era). I used to actually stay up late to watch Uplate, and I even watched Hotdogs show when it was on.

But I woke up this morning and started browsing the various sites that interest me, considered dropping in here and thought 'meh'. It came to me then that I'm actually, finally, bored with Big Brother.

The show, in it's current format, is so minutely linked to what the concept of the show should be, and so lacking in any way for us to know what really happens, that I am not even excited for next week. Last year I was whinging to my son about the lack of BB over the weekends, this week I don't even care that there is no Sunday show.

I've always thought that I'd take BB in any format that they gave it to us, just because I love the show so much but this year has changed that.

I can't find a single housemate to cheer for, nor do I hate any of them enough to do more than click "like" when someone else says they hate them.

I assume I'll keep watching out of habit but I won't be on tenterhooks waiting to see if it comes back next year.

Yeah I agree, they've changed the whole concept of the show far too much from what it used to be. Chilling at night watching up-late were the good ol' days. I feel as if I can't get to know any of the housemates well enough to even have a favourite, infact it doesn't even bother me who gets evicted this year. People can keep telling themselves that big brother is still a great show, but in reality they definitely know it isn't anywhere near as great as it used to be.

How much it's changed was made blantantly apparent the other night when BB revealed that Skye had had THIRTY-SEVEN microphone violations, none of which I remember seeing. THIRTY_SEVEN! The rules have become something to "enforce" at random intervals. Then to "punish" Cat with ONE nomination point for what is essentially cheating shows how completely soft BB has become - in line with the softness of the housemates. It's now the show I watch only because I now love to hate it.

Yes I agree..in the present format it's become more of a soap opera than anything. Even this forum used to be jumping with people years ago.This is probably the first year I don't have a favourite and couldn't care less who won. When you look at the prize money on offer, it's pretty pathetic that someone possibly totally undeserving, in real life, can walk away with that sort of money for basically arsing around for a couple of months.

How much it's changed was made blantantly apparent the other night when BB revealed that Skye had had THIRTY-SEVEN microphone violations, none of which I remember seeing. THIRTY_SEVEN! The rules have become something to "enforce" at random intervals. Then to "punish" Cat with ONE nomination point for what is essentially cheating shows how completely soft BB has become - in line with the softness of the housemates. It's now the show I watch only because I now love to hate it.

That's $185,000 in fines according to the 2005 and 2006 systems. You're right. I don't know what it is I'm watching. I've always been a little confused about BBAU. Of course, this is coming from an American.

It's gotten to the point where I have to skip Sunday night episodes and fast forward through long stretches of conversation.

Yeah, I'm slowly losing interest as well.

And it's because there's no fun in the house. People can shit on Skye and Travis all they want for being immature and boring, but at least they bring fun.

If I wanted people pretending to be mature and having intellectual discussions, I'd go to a business meeting (which is actually boring).

Yep. It isn't BB.

He was more omnipresent back then, commanding and, of course, mean. I missed that BB who punished them for the smallest things. This one is just rarely present and careless.

Granted, I did like how he gave Cat 1 point nomination. He should do that more often. He should be more punishable.

I LOOOOVE me some David & Priya and Ryan. But admit to not being as invested and even missing some episodes preferring this forum for any updates.

Channel 9's version just needs to flesh the show out more in terms of coverage. With all these interesting stories he claims there is, if we saw them, he wouldn't need to rely on stupid stunts.

The funniest things in the past have often been the result of when HM's sit around bored.

THIS^^ EXACTLY THIS! WTF? Thirty seven violations???? I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this. What happened to one warning then punishment. In fact what happened to punishment full stop. Is the fish bowl even still there? This year is only a ghostly image of how it used to be. Watered down and insipid and I really don't think it's the hm's fault. I think the hm's have potential, at least as much potential as any other year. It's the productions fault. We're just not seeing anything. It took a month before I could even remember all of the hm's names, so little did we see of some of them. It's like the whole show is being produced by a bunch of people who are trying to get away with putting in the least effort possible. Maybe it's Ch9's fault for reducing resourses, maybe it's lazy production. Whatever it is, it's a problem. It's like the homebrand version of the real BB.

Yeah, I'm slowly losing interest as well.

And it's because there's no fun in the house. People can shit on Skye and Travis all they want for being immature and boring, but at least they bring fun.

If I wanted people pretending to be mature and having intellectual discussions, I'd go to a business meeting (which is actually boring).
You equate business meetings with intellectual discussions? Okay then.

Back