Skip to main content

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am officially bored with BB.

I'm a BBAU newbie. I've watched last season and thought it was one of the best BBs I've ever watched (I've seen pretty much all of BBUS, BBUK and BBCAN). I've also watched seasons 3, 7, 8 and 9. And one thing I found annoying was Big Brother consistently repeating "it's not a good reason" or "how does it affect your experience" when HMs were nominating. They would simply repeat themselves and BB would end up accepting it. It's one thing to be tough but when you don't even bother after a while, there's really no point to it.

A good BB show to me is a combination of HMs playing along (Tim from last season saying on launch night "why do you talk to them" referring to halfway housemates or choosing ice cream over Tahan's hairdryer), Big Brother's interactions with housemates (BBUK 7 was one of the best) and a good mix of fun(ny) and significant tasks (causing drama). This Hotel task got the house going, in my opinion. Some were playing along, others were causing drama, and the meeting in the end showed just that. Hopefully, BB can build from it.

I think the DVD footage was foolish. Anytime you include outside influence (and in this case, those HMs got the viewers POV), you're killing your own show. Was it to save Lawson because they feel other HMs don't bring much to the table?

I'm still into this season; I don't find it so boring. I think most housemates have potential and that BB has to do his part, adding secret tasks and real twists (last year's halfway house was very good while this year's pairs was a fail).

Anyone who thinks this is boring didnt watch BBUS this season. And although there was a lot of drama the previous season the people who were making their way to the final 5 were all so disgusting that I completely stopped watching.

I prefer BBAU and its format to any of the other versions but I assume that it was better in the earlier years before the channel switch and a family friendly format. However, unlike many in this thread I remain unJaded and enjoy it immensely.

I'm not bored with Big Brother.
Barely hanging in there although it's improved somewhat in the last week as they're focusing more on the interactions between housmates (even if it's just mostly bitching) than the gimmicky stunts prevalent in the first fortnight.

I've switched to BBUK 2004 ... no ads, great host, great housemates ... loving it.
I've just watched the first show - if there was any doubt that the current Oz housemates are vanilla in the extreme, BBUK 2004 well and truly wipes those doubts away. If only we had the sort of casting that they had. Shits dinosaur turds all over us.

I've been a fan of BB since the very first year. I watch US and UK each year, in fact I think I've watched most of them twice. I've been to several of the AU eviction shows (in the CH10 era). I used to actually stay up late to watch Uplate, and I even watched Hotdogs show when it was on.

But I woke up this morning and started browsing the various sites that interest me, considered dropping in here and thought 'meh'. It came to me then that I'm actually, finally, bored with Big Brother.

The show, in it's current format, is so minutely linked to what the concept of the show should be, and so lacking in any way for us to know what really happens, that I am not even excited for next week. Last year I was whinging to my son about the lack of BB over the weekends, this week I don't even care that there is no Sunday show.

I've always thought that I'd take BB in any format that they gave it to us, just because I love the show so much but this year has changed that.

I can't find a single housemate to cheer for, nor do I hate any of them enough to do more than click "like" when someone else says they hate them.

I assume I'll keep watching out of habit but I won't be on tenterhooks waiting to see if it comes back next year.

Sounds like you've OD'd which is never a good thing!

I was thinking similarly but I've really enjoyed the daily show content the past two weeks.

Sounds like you're in a negative funk. Maybe have a bit of time out from the online BB world. It can get a bit negative & overwhelming. Have a rest this weekend and check in Monday, or even Thursday if you want to skip the stunts they've got planned.

Well I have watched nearly all BB's. All the Dutch ones, all the US ones (Canada) and indeed I can't say all UK seasons because this year it was so annoying because of all the moaning of the people that watch I decided to stop watching. Yes BB UK was great but not anymore and it has not been good for a couple of years now. Maybe that is why I like the Aussie one. I liked that their BB was much more strict (alas not anymore) with nominations. However I thought the punishment tasks not very interesting. To me BB Aussie always has more of a story and BB UK is more about extreme people. So far I have not been bored. Yes I can see where you are coming from. It is a bit bland. Last year we had fireworks on the boards about the housemates but this year we have talks but no discussions really. The housemates are fine and likeable most of them but that is all. I hope we get some new intruders who re really good though.

They've just made a complete mess of it this year. This week highlights that perfectly - you've got the executive producer telling the media they're getting "too many" stories out of the housemates then Channel 9 throwing in stunt after stunt after stunt - which is just detracting from the show rather than adding to it.

I am loving the show. I think they are a great bunch to tune into.

To the serial whingers, why do you continue to watch?!

It makes as much sense as biting into a shit sandwich, then continuing to eat the sandwich, while complaining after each bite that it tastes like shit!!!

Put the shit sandwich down, pick up your remote and change your fucking channel.

Problem solved.

I am loving the show. I think they are a great bunch to tune into.

It makes as much sense as biting into a shit sandwich, then continuing to eat the sandwich, while complaining after each bite that it tastes like shit!!!

Put the shit sandwich down, pick up your remote and change your fucking channel.

Problem solved.

I love you TraLa!!! xoxoxo

While I don't think this is the bestest bunch of housemates ever, I am finding much of this season enjoyable. I am, however, officially tired (and I have certification for this) of the later timeslot and now the increased time changes this week - it's not on tonight, then it's on at 8.30 or so and then it's on at 7.30, as an experiment perhaps?, and then it's on at 8.40 only maybe 9.21 half the time, and then it's on at 8pm, allegedly, and then it's on at 7.30pm, ffs. Settle on a freaking timeslot!

I would like the show to be on at 7pm, ideally - or 7.30 as it was the last two years; oh, how people pissed and moaned last year when it was delayed for half an hour due to the bushfires in the mountains for a week or two!

But yeah, I'm really enjoying most of the shows, particularly after the wonky multiple snippy-bits of timeshifted editing phase earlier on was smoothed out. Go show!

Problem solved.
About half a million people have. Guess that's a symptom rather than a cause of the real problem.

I also can't believe im also saying this but this years big brother to every series on channel 9 when it got involved has some how went down the rubish bin. This year the worse one ever in history. Its because like everyone is saying there is no bb games. Therre is no bb uplates there is no big brother cams and simply they made big brother arena stage shorter during eviction nights in half. Yaears ago they had to fill the arena all the way to the very far back and in 2001 they had a band live exlusive for every evictee just before the credits ends they show them housemates dance for a good 2 to 5 miniutes dance before gretal kalleen said good night. You dont get any of this fun days on big brother with channel 9

I just think is stupid for the big change. Channel 9 should stop having the bloody habbit with the change so much things around.
Just hope this wont be the last big brother to be televise in australia because you wont be able to see it return in the next 10 years on any other channel.

Back