Skip to main content

I actually felt sorry for Lawson tonight!

Yep I feel for him. I think he did the wrong thing and he knows it. He was in a difficult situation IMO.
I think he isn't buck passing and owning it and I respect him for that. It is what it is.

Yes and at least he made the choice that he felt was right. Unfortunately, being in that position he couldn't end it officially with Candice, but he has owned the fact he cheated.
That he felt right, therefore he made a decision based on selfishness. Therefore he has no choice but to own it. I give him no credit for owning he cheated when it is quite obvious that happened.

Lots of people are selfish. At least he is owning it. He is owed up to it and isn't actually defending his actions. Think Bill Clinton. He has done the wrong thing and prepared to take what is coming to him for it. That actually means he has some integrity.

I didn't feel sorry for Lawson at all. He would have known that those questions were waiting for him outside the house. Having said that, I think he handled himself admirably and truthfully. He also realised how Candice would be feeling and spoke of her with respect.

Yeah, it's funny isn't it? He'd have his little confessionals and cry in the diary room, but among the housemates he almost seemed kinda smug about it. Like when he was telling the intruders that he and Cat had hooked up.

Like you say, why didn't he stop? Even if they'd stopped a week ago, they might have saved a little bit of face.

I can't really remember another housemate who started off with such promise, the fell so low.
The boy who cried wolf several times too many (to BB) and got caught out by the villagers (the voters).

It's like kicking someone over & over when they are down. I know he cheated but FFS! They used the footage to shame him to hell & back lol. And he is going to cop it left, right & centre. I can bet money that someone else in that house has cheated before (I'm looking at you Travis). All that scrutiny could really get under your skin. He looked so upset and beaten. Cat will cop the same kind of thing.

BB have used Lawson & Cat for ratings. But they are REAL people. I hope they are offered some kind of counselling.
I'll bet anything that based on the online bashing Cat has received that she will be slaughtered when she's evicted, it's not right

I'll bet anything that based on the online bashing Cat has received that she will be slaughtered when she's evicted, it's not right

I wouldn't worry too much.

She'll no doubt be forgotten in 5 minutes after eviction since she never offered anything of value to the season apart from that Lawson thing.

Yes and at least he made the choice that he felt was right. Unfortunately, being in that position he couldn't end it officially with Candice, but he has owned the fact he cheated.
Exactly. At first I hated what they were doing but I think people need to give him a break. No-one knows what his relationship outside the house was like. They broke up the week before he went in, then got back together - so it was already on unsteady terms.

He was owned up to everything he did. He hasn't tried to blame Cat, blame Candice or anything. He's taken it all and owned up to it. A lot of guys I know who are much older than Lawson wouldn't man up about it.

We have all done stupid things in our past and it's just unfortunate for Lawson and Cat that is has been broadcast on national television.

I have a feeling she's going to cop it a lot more than Lawson. I felt sorry for her sister last night, she looks so uncomfortable during the Lawson interview.

He could easily have done a Merlin or a Michael 2006 and stormed off the set or been a jerk to Sonia or whatever.
It is to his credit that he held his composure pretty much.
I actually like him more than I did before. None of us are perfect, I for one am not, I have done dumb shit in my life, who am I to cast stones at a 23 year old?
Everyone has done stupid shit when they were young. But you learn and move on. I'm sure everyone spitting venom at Lawson is perfect themselves.

I am impressed about Lawson's owning, for want of a better word, of the whole sordid fiasco. As has been mentioned, many an older man, presumably with more experience and maturity (a much misused word really) would walk away and be prickish about it. He is wearing for the time being, as Cat is still inside, the fall out and the end isn't in sight yet. He behaved abominably as did she, considering the external circumstances. He is out, move on, there are still housemates to dwell on. So shall I :)

What I did find a bit telling last night was when they showed Cat in the sanctuary telling the others that they have planned to go to Bali immediately after they are both evicted, book the tickets straight away and they're off as soon as they can. Then when Sonia asked Lawson about it, he said "Well I'm going, she can come if she wants too. I have no objection to her coming if she wants". A tiny bit of difference in the attitudes there. He was only away from her for five minutes and his attitude seemed to have cooled.

uhhhh I don't think Sonia was harsh at all. Although I think making him watch the clips with the stupid music was a bit much.

What I did find a bit telling last night was when they showed Cat in the sanctuary telling the others that they have planned to go to Bali immediately after they are both evicted, book the tickets straight away and they're off as soon as they can. Then when Sonia asked Lawson about it, he said "Well I'm going, she can come if she wants too. I have no objection to her coming if she wants". A tiny bit of difference in the attitudes there. He was only away from her for five minutes and his attitude seemed to have cooled.
I didn't hear him say that?

Lawson's Message to Ex-Girlfriend
Controversial Big Brother Evictee's Next Move
Tags: Lawson, Big Brother

clawson-628.jpg

One of the most controversial housemates of Big Brother 2014 has been evicted… Lawson!

For those who don’t know, Lawson is the housemate who hooked up with Cat even though he was in a long term relationship with Candice on the outside.

Lawson told Sonia Kruger that he’s pretty sure he’s dumped…

Lawson admitted to Jules, Merrick and Sophie that his relationship with his girlfriend Candice is well and truly over.

"I don't think that relationship (with Candice) will continue... I couldn't ever look any of her family in the eye. Walking down the street my face is going to be one that's known and hers isn't and they're only ever going to think that she's the idiot that stayed with the goose"

After being evicted last night he's attempted to get in touch with his girlfriend with no success, "So far I have tried to make contact but understandably she is not ready to speak to me. Look she needs time and however much time that is, is up to her"

Lawson admitted things weren't smooth sailing before going into the Big Brother house. "Every relationship has its ups and its down and we had both of those... about 5 years we've been together which is a very long time." "I think we had a lot of problems to hash out and sort out and I think we ran out of time with Big Brother coming up and just decided that we don't have enough time to sort out our problems and we were going to have to do that once I got out and obviously it's played out the way it's played out"

Sophie probed him asking, "What would you say to her (Candice) when you speak to her?"

"Great question. All I can say is that I'm sorry and she'll obviously have a lot of things to say to me. What else can I say? She's watched the show. I don't have to explain anything because she knows it all." said Lawson.

Sophie then followed up with "So do you (still) love Candice?"

"I'll always love Candice her and I have been through a lot of things together with losing my mum and a whole lot of other things. I will always have that love for her and always care for her which might be hard to understand or appreciate." "It's something that I'll have to life with forever, breaking someone's heart that never deserved that. She's been dragged into something that I signed my life away for and she didn't and unfortunately I have to deal with that"

Lawson did however laugh off his "love rat" nickname that he's been labelled with in the media "It's a good nickname (laughs) what else do we have if we can't laugh?"

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/tv/blog/2014/11/lawsons-message-to-ex-girlfriend/

Look I'm focussing on entirely the wrong thing here;- but that pic of Candice today walking her Russian Blue cat on a leash in Perth, was totally wrong. Cats and leashes...nope.

Back