Skip to main content

I actually felt sorry for Lawson tonight!

spygirl99

Firstly - I DO NOT CONDONE CHEATING! But I felt so sorry for Lawson tonight. The way he was grilled on stage was extremely uncomfortable to watch. He looked on the verge of tears. How many times does he have to apologise to the Australian public? For him to sit up there in front of that audience, and the viewing public, must have been excruciating. I think he handled himself well, and rolled with the punches. I myself would have crumbled, I wouldn't have been able to hold back the tears. To see someone shamed like that was horrible.
Yes, he messed up, he hurt his gf. And he needs to apologise to her, etc. But he hasn't attacked/maimed/killed anyone.

Yeah I totally think that Sonia should not have spoken about any of that stuff

Are you fucking for realllll?
It's like kicking someone over & over when they are down. I know he cheated but FFS! They used the footage to shame him to hell & back lol. And he is going to cop it left, right & centre. I can bet money that someone else in that house has cheated before (I'm looking at you Travis). All that scrutiny could really get under your skin. He looked so upset and beaten. Cat will cop the same kind of thing.

BB have used Lawson & Cat for ratings. But they are REAL people. I hope they are offered some kind of counselling.

I partly do, I felt uncomfortable and slightly bad for him.
But you reap what you sow, so they say.
If he had set the boundaries and stayed away from Cat, he most probably would still be in the house now.
The Lawson of weeks one and two was fun to watch, the thing with Cat brought him down big time.

And yes, I worry about his psychological well-being, he comes across as quite a sensitive guy underneath all of the magician bravado.
You hope that Channel 9 in that respect will help him out, or his family will.
Sonia was always going to ask those questions, thank goodness she did this time, in comparison to the totally lame interview with Tully last year.

I am glad that they showed some parts of Lawson most people did love before the Clawson thing happened.. The magic and stuff as they stopped showing that side of him on the show.

Other than that... he knew what he was walking out on the stage to.. he was shaking in his voice when he said he was prepared.. They couldn't just ignore the topic... otherwise EVERYONE would have been outraged.

Oh, for sure. I don't condone what he did but you could clearly tell that he was under pressure. I would hate to have been in his shoes. All the bile & hatred towards him & Cat is OTT.

Supporters of other housemates saw Lawson as a threat, so when he made a mistake they were always going to go in for the kill.

I dont know what this says about me.. but I don't give a crap what he does. Its his life, I dont know him or anyone in the situation. Just like the Bachelor, who cares.

And yes, I worry about his psychological well-being, he comes across as quite a sensitive guy underneath all of the magician bravado.
You hope that Channel 9 in that respect will help him out, or his family will.
Sonia was always going to ask those questions, thank goodness she did this time, in comparison to the totally lame interview with Tully last year.
Exactly. That's what I was trying to get at lol. You summed it up so well. I don't even really like Lawson, but seeing someone looking so close to the edge of an emotional/mental breakdown isn't fun to watch. He lookd mortified. Imagine that much pressure being put on you. Yes, he has to face it but I still think shaming him so much was a low-blow. He looked GENUINELY sorry for what he did.

Tully on the other hand came out smiling/beaming/on a high. She never showed the same amount of remorse that Lawson has. Lawson has taken a lot of it firmly on the chin. Tully couldn't/wouldn't take responsibility for her actions. She looked fine & dandy on the stage with Sonia.

Umm what else were he and Sonia meant to talk about? Magic for the 2 interview segments?

Last year people were up in bloody arms for the Tully interview where Sonia barley asked her anything about Drew and now Sonia does ask about a persons cheating and still people complain.

Back