Skip to main content

Housemate Stereotypes and will the trend continue?

Lol! @TraLa and @derspatz
.... And add to that @Mr Stickyfingers and the ratings would go through the roof :)

Derspatz and I have what you would call a love/hate relationship. He loves me... and I hate his fucking guts!

Ha!

But seriously, no one wants to see a very beautiful, opinionated, confident middle aged woman and a fat balding old man on their telly every night do they?!

And for the record. Derspatz has grown on me (like a flesh eating bacteria). While I disagree with some of his views, I respect his right to have them.

...hahaha!... great post TraLa... but I think that you both would be brilliant in there together... a ratings bonanza for sure!... it's good to see you again TraLa... have you missed me while I've been gone for a few months?... (no... were you gone was you? lol)... I 've missed reading your always so colourful posts... you should sign up for Big Brother... after all you're not too far from the house are you?... cheers.

The 'diversity' brigade were long ago hoist on their own petard by judging, classifying and selecting based strictly on outward appearance. As last year's cast demonstrated, once you got beyond the superficial there was....nothing there.

Those who rail against one year's cast or this or that bogan either can't or won't admit that there were layers of subtlety in many HMs. In the early years, especially, the audience and fellow HMs held at least partial judgment until getting to know HMs better. Votes and nominations were based on a sense of inherent goodness, honesty, loyalty, etc.

I suppose it's a measure of the vast change in BB, the HM cast and society in general that last year's winner was an obnoxious, screeching, desperate attention-seeking terminal case of arrested development and far too many in the audience thought those were positive qualities.

If the producers continue with one-from-each-column casting then they will be fated to repeat the mistakes of 2013 with the audience facing the prospect of long months of a damp squib.

The 'diversity' brigade were long ago hoist on their own petard by judging, classifying and selecting based strictly on outward appearance. As last year's cast demonstrated, once you got beyond the superficial there was....nothing there.

Those who rail against one year's cast or this or that bogan either can't or won't admit that there were layers of subtlety in many HMs. In the early years, especially, the audience and fellow HMs held at least partial judgment until getting to know HMs better. Votes and nominations were based on a sense of inherent goodness, honesty, loyalty, etc.

I suppose it's a measure of the vast change in BB, the HM cast and society in general that last year's winner was an obnoxious, screeching, desperate attention-seeking terminal case of arrested development and far too many in the audience thought those were positive qualities.

If the producers continue with one-from-each-column casting then they will be fated to repeat the mistakes of 2013 with the audience facing the prospect of long months of a damp squib.

Welcome to the forum, jangle. Great post!

As long as we don't get another Ed or Sharon i'm quite happy... there were some really boring characters this year.
I'm fine with a Sharon. Just as long as we don't get meatheads and boring men like Ed, Matt, Caleb....

OT: Btw, this kinda of nuisance - why the hell is the typing so slow??? The letters are lagging as I'm typing this... :(((

Back