Skip to main content

House/Studio Location

Brekkie

Staff member
Hi,

Is this the correct location for the 7 Studios in Sydney which might end up housing it:

Not the best of locations - doesn't look like room for even a small outdoor space, and it seems to be in a very built up area. Although it wouldn't be the first Big Brother house to be built in a studio by any means most are in areas where they can add a garden space to it. As far as I know Canada is the only version who has their backyard indoors, but even then they've a small hot tub area outdoors. I just don't think with Big Brother Australia you can sacrifice the outdoor space.

Fox Studios looks to have more space but not a huge amount for an outdoor back yard and still in quite an urban environment. Always thought these studios in the Gold Coast would make a good home for the show - similar to Dreamworld with being off the back of a theme park, and enough space for an outdoor backyard to be added to a studio and just about isolated enough to be cut off from the outside world. Guess though the ideal location might not come at the ideal budget.

Hi,

Is this the correct location for the 7 Studios in Sydney which might end up housing it:

Not the best of locations - doesn't look like room for even a small outdoor space, and it seems to be in a very built up area. Although it wouldn't be the first Big Brother house to be built in a studio by any means most are in areas where they can add a garden space to it. As far as I know Canada is the only version who has their backyard indoors, but even then they've a small hot tub area outdoors. I just don't think with Big Brother Australia you can sacrifice the outdoor space.

Fox Studios looks to have more space but not a huge amount for an outdoor back yard and still in quite an urban environment. Always thought these studios in the Gold Coast would make a good home for the show - similar to Dreamworld with being off the back of a theme park, and enough space for an outdoor backyard to be added to a studio and just about isolated enough to be cut off from the outside world. Guess though the ideal location might not come at the ideal budget.
This is correct. There is quite a bit of industrial zoning around there though. So it is possible still,

In regards to Fox Studios, I believe they are pretty well booked out and don’t have adequate space as previously heard.

Mike Goldman has said Melbourne. Where is seven studio in Melbourne? Is it in the docklands? Oris that just where their office is?

Mike Goldman has said Melbourne. Where is seven studio in Melbourne? Is it in the docklands? Oris that just where their office is?

I doubt Mike knows anything at this point let alone been contacted at all. Just like TV Black Box anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes Channel 7 Melbourne is Docklands, so if it is Melbourne it wouldn't be near there because there's no room.

The 7 Docklands building in no way would have room.
However there is the possibility that it could be done at “Docklands Studios” which are soundstages down near the port which are independent of any network.

https://goo.gl/maps/kNjkFrp5rZpp1AR97

This is what I'm thinking. Plus the 7 Studios are literally a 2 minute drive from those Docklands studios, so perfect for a live eviction (though I think the eviction shows would have to be turned into a more intimate affair ala Channel 10 era nominations if they went that path)

This is what I'm thinking. Plus the 7 Studios are literally a 2 minute drive from those Docklands studios, so perfect for a live eviction (though I think the eviction shows would have to be turned into a more intimate affair ala Channel 10 era nominations if they went that path)
7 wouldn’t be able to accomodate evictions in BCM. The studios are too small and there’s already enough production coming out of there.

7 wouldn’t be able to accomodate evictions in BCM. The studios are too small and there’s already enough production coming out of there.

Fair call. Perhaps then they would take up residency in one of the other studios at Docklands Studios. Nonetheless, it can be done.

Fair call. Perhaps then they would take up residency in one of the other studios at Docklands Studios. Nonetheless, it can be done.
Yep no doubt about Docklands Studios. You could have the house and then an outside UK style eviction setup there.

I just don’t see a melbourne production happening,

Ideally the village roadshow studios on the Gold Coast would be great.

If not sydney would be great weather as you won’t have all the housemates lying around the pool all day but still hot enough to still sit outside.

Wherever the house is it will be the best location for the lowest possible price... If 7 can secure their own studio space that will be the location. Otherwise it sounds like sound stages are at a premium right now so it will likely be a converted warehouse is the safest bet. It also doesn’t sound like there’s much of an incentive to return to Queensland.

I don't think it will matter at all where the house is located.

We'll only see interior for the most part and I doubt people will think "oh that area is quite small because it is filmed in state X".

Wonderland Sydney would've been good since Dreamworld is no longer an option. Only problem is it hasn't existed since 2004! I live in Western Sydney, so it would've been cool for me.

Turns out it will probably be prerecorded somewhere though so I've lost interest. Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case.

In the promo they did focus a lot on Cockatoo Island. It would be kinda awesome to have the house on an island in the middle of the harbor. A real bit symbolism in the isolation aspect of the show.

Back