Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

So glad tonight is over!

If it wasn't for, you know, usernames and all of those other identifying features, I'd say something along the lines of: 'Guess who, bitches?' But it doesn't really work. Hopefully this is still somewhat of a shock/surprise/dramatic return, or else what's the point, really?

;):p

But yes, anyway, omg hi how are you how've you all been, etc. I hope you've not missed me too much and that the hole my absence left in your hearts wasn't too debilitating. I apologise if it was, but aww, that's so sweet of you to be so affected by me not being here. I promise I won't run off without warning like that ever again! :kiss:

If it wasn't for, you know, usernames and all of those other identifying features, I'd say something along the lines of: 'Guess who, bitches?' But it doesn't really work. Hopefully this is still somewhat of a shock/surprise/dramatic return, or else what's the point, really?

But yes, anyway, omg hi how are you how've you all been, etc. I hope you've not missed me too much and that the hole my absence left in your hearts wasn't too debilitating. I apologise if it was, but aww, that's so sweet of you to be so affected by me not being here. I promise I won't run off without warning like that ever again! :kiss:
Ha ha. The hole of your absence? Can only think of the hole in a trogon horse with sheep tumbling out...but it's not working as I'm still awake.

OMG hey gurl! Welcome home![DOUBLEPOST=1444334565][/DOUBLEPOST]@Lucas!!!!! Now Jake is back too!

Rhys Muldoon was probably one of my first crushes
GenieFromDownUnderScreencap.jpg

Is that him? He looks so young, but I guess that makes sense if it was 20 years ago. My first ever crush was Zac Hanson, kinda says a lot that I'd choose someone who a) looked like a girl and b) looked like me. Maybe I just love myself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chances_(TV_series)
Rhys played a gay character.
The series started out as a serious drama about winning the lottery and turned into a sex romp with nazis, angels, vampires and other crazy shit.

Well this sounds kind of amazing.

JAKE!!!!!!!
Hello!!!!
I missed you. :)

Rhys Muldoon was probably one of my first crushes
GenieFromDownUnderScreencap.jpg

@delcan - that isn't Rhys Muldoon ... its a guy called Sandy Winton who played the genie in 2nd series - two different actors

"The Genie From Down Under 2" (1998) .... Sandy Winton as Bruce
sandy%20winton%20-%20thegeniefromdownunder.jpg

http://mcleodovedcery.webnode.sk/heath-barrett-sandy-winton/

"The Genie from Down Under" (1996) .... Rhys Muldoon as Bruce
rhys%20muldoon%20-%20thegeniefromdownunder.jpg

http://mcleodovedcery.webnode.sk/jeremy-quaid-rhys-muldoon/

no I didn't know this show - I just knew that wasnt Reece in the photo so googled ...
turns out they were both also in McLeod's Daughters ... and this info seems to come from some fansite of that show and gives their filmography

Last edited:
@delcan - that isn't Rhys Muldoon ... its a guy called Sandy Winton who played the genie in 2nd series - two different actors

"The Genie From Down Under 2" (1998) .... Sandy Winton as Bruce
sandy%20winton%20-%20thegeniefromdownunder.jpg

http://mcleodovedcery.webnode.sk/heath-barrett-sandy-winton/

"The Genie from Down Under" (1996) .... Rhys Muldoon as Bruce
rhys%20muldoon%20-%20thegeniefromdownunder.jpg

http://mcleodovedcery.webnode.sk/jeremy-quaid-rhys-muldoon/

no I didn't know this show - I just knew that wasnt Reece in the photo so googled ...
turns out they were both also in McLeod's Daughters ... and this info seems to come from some fansite of that show and gives their filmography

I remember Sandy Winton from Neighbours and strangely enough he and Muldoon are almost interchangeable in my mind, yet I never knew they played the same character once.

I guess it's just the middle-aged-blondish-Australian-TV-guy thing that they both have going on.

No idea whether this is a pre, during or post night shift thing, daylight savings or all of them, but at 3pm I was chatting with Mum on the phone and told her that I thought it was 5pm. Sometimes I am not sure what day it is too. Unimpressed that I have to be at work at 7am tomorrow. Early Saturday night for me.

Ha! According to my googling it finished in '97 so I would have been alive and able to watch but I don't recall it at all. So I must have given it a miss. Probs cos it was shit.

It was awesome. Agro was a total badass, and Gibbo was like this a bit overweight guy who wore white overalls with paint splattered on them. there was this wheel of gross food they had to spin and people had to eat it. I am struggling with the cartoons it involved, all I remember are Wizard of Oz cartoon, and The Snorks

I do not remember those shows at all. Actually a lot of Agro is a haze, except for my aforementioned inspiration to eat an actual banana from it. I remember Holly Brisley making it. Remember how she started there? She was so young too. Well young now, she seemed positively ancient back then.

Question: Why do people get on toll roads, then proceed to do 20km/h below the speed limit? Or is this just a Qld "thing"?

We were driving on roads in Victoria (not a toll rd but had a 110km speed limit). There was a cop who had pulled somebody over ahead, and the car in front of us decided to slow to 30km because the cop was there. As my partner and I both said, wouldn't that just make a cop think 'why are they so determined not to get pulled over - what are they hiding?'

So maybe in your scenario above they had something to hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back