Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Agro is a show I remember - at last. He has the dubious honour of getting me to willingly eat a banana. They made some treat where they dipped a banana in honey and peanut butter and possibly other things too and then froze it and I replicated the recipe myself. Prior to that I had been too scared of bananas to try them.

haha. Cool! :D
:hilarious: at you being scared of bananas!

Now Agro is a show I remember - at last. He has the dubious honour of getting me to willingly eat a banana. They made some treat where they dipped a banana in honey and peanut butter and possibly other things too and then froze it and I replicated the recipe myself. Prior to that I had been too scared of bananas to try them.

You have something in common with Ed!

ALF and Agro both had their own ice creams! Must have been late eighties, going by the prices, it's a long time since you could get an icecream for about 60 cents.

P6120254wtmk-746744.JPG

P6120250wtmk-720036.JPG

ALF and Agro both had their own ice creams! Must have been late eighties, going by the prices, it's a long time since you could get an icecream for about 60 cents.

P6120254wtmk-746744.JPG

P6120250wtmk-720036.JPG

Oh that's cool. I never saw those. I wonder if the bubblegum was hard and crap like bubble o bill. I will never forget the time my bubble o bill had no nose :( it's easily the least exciting part but I felt so ripped off.

P6120254wtmk-746744.JPG

P6120250wtmk-720036.JPG

60 cents!! wow.
I remember at the school canteen most ice creams were under a dollar.
The Agro one is just like the Bubble O'Bill!
Lol yes. I wonder if there's anything else?

It wasn't a proper fear like his, I was just scared to eat it. I still wouldn't just eat a plain banana for a snack though I don't think.

Why were you so scared of them? Did you think you had to swallow it whole and thought you would choke on it?

60 cents!! wow.
I remember at the school canteen most ice creams were under a dollar.
The Agro one is just like the Bubble O'Bill!

Why were you so scared of them? Did you think you had to swallow it whole and thought you would choke on it?

I don't know. Maybe it was the phallic nature? Haha nah that wasn't it of course, I just didn't like the look and texture of them I think.

Lol yes. I wonder if there's anything else?

It wasn't a proper fear like his, I was just scared to eat it. I still wouldn't just eat a plain banana for a snack though I don't think.

You should be scared to eat a banana as one seven inch banana contains 14 GRAMS OF SUGAR! :eek: :nailbiting: :dead:

Oh that's cool. I never saw those. I wonder if the bubblegum was hard and crap like bubble o bill. I will never forget the time my bubble o bill had no nose :( it's easily the least exciting part but I felt so ripped off.

What? :eek:
I love the Bubble O'Bill!!
And I think the bubblegum nose is the best bit. :p

What? :eek:
I love the Bubble O'Bill!!
And I think the bubblegum nose is the best bit. :p

It was seriously so sad. I opened it and there was just an empty space where the nose would be. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the nose, but the ice cream was so good. You don't know how important something is until it's not there so after that I treasured every bubblegum nose ever. Bubble O Bill still holds up now. I hate when people say I'm too old eat one.

It was seriously so sad. I opened it and there was just an empty space where the nose would be. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the nose, but the ice cream was so good. You don't know how important something is until it's not there so after that I treasured every bubblegum nose ever. Bubble O Bill still holds up now. I hate when people say I'm too old eat one.

You are never too old for a Bubble O'Bill! ;)
The bubblegum nose missing happened to one my friends before. They were so devastated too.

Yeah there is no definitive answer but I tend to go with natural sugar in fruit > processed sugar because at least you're getting the vitamins and fibre along with it.

Yeah I imagine this is the case as well. I understand it's still a sugar and carries the same risks and the like, but if a person wants to eat some fruit then surely it's not the end of the world.

Banana paddlepops (and in the old days, Barney Bananas) are great, I still like to think of them as a fruit serve.

You are never too old for a Bubble O'Bill! ;)
The bubblegum nose missing happened to one my friends before. They were so devastated too.

Oh well I'm glad I'm not the only one I guess. But still, how dies someone make that mistake. Well I guess it's a machine. Still.

And that's right, there is no age limit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back