Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaks and Geeks was a good but under watched show. It used to be on at about 2 in the morning on a Tuesday or something, back in 2004 or so. Stars all those Apatow people - Seagle, James Franco, the fat one with curly hair, Hawkeye's wife from Avengers II. Really good show - probably the best of the American high school shows, IMO.

I just watched a documentary on YouTube called Billions In Change (2015) that was about a guy who made 4 billion from energy drinks, and he is spending 99℅ of it on inventions he was hinks can actually solve problems long-term for the good of the world. Eg, an exercise bike that powers a house's lights, whose only side effect is you get a little fitter. Or mobile desalination machines. Or achievable geothermal energy. Really interesting stuff.

Star Trek stuff, beyond the pathetic search for profit.

I've never seen even a second of Press Gang, it's never been on Foxtel and I wouldn't have been watching at that time of the day in the nineties. It's probably one of the few shows aired in Australia that I've never seen a moment of. I only know of it now because of the Steven Moffat (Doctor Who producer) connection.

Degrassi Junior High was the ultimate teen series for my generation, and remains the best of it's genre for me.

I've never seen even a second of Press Gang, it's never been on Foxtel and I wouldn't have been watching at that time of the day in the nineties. It's probably one of the few shows aired in Australia that I've never seen a moment of. I only know of it now because of the Steven Moffat (Doctor Who producer) connection.

Degrassi Junior High was the ultimate teen series for my generation, and remains the best of it's genre for me.

Press Gang is ten times better than Doctor Who in my opinion.

Press Gang is ten times better than Doctor Who in my opinion.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Does that mean you're not a huge DW fan, you just sort of like it? Or do you love both, but you love Press Gang more than life itself?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Does that mean you're not a huge DW fan, you just sort of like it? Or do you love both, but you love Press Gang more than life itself?

I love press gang more than life itself. Lynda Day is one of the greatest tv characters of all time.

Oh bless you being partial to funny muppet aliens :p

My favourite puppets are Agro from Cartoon Connection (kids show from the 80's) and Animal from the Muppets.

Agro's Cartoon Connection was my favourite kids breakfast show. I was so sad when they axed him. I have a memory that there was a article in a newspaper after the show was canceled that Agro would be burned in an oven!!! I was horrified.

I use to have an Agro plush too!

Agro used to be hilarious. Did they change his voice, or maybe the guy got too old to do it exactly the same, but I remember seeing him more recently and he wasn't as good anymore.

@Lucas They burned Agro? :speechless:

Agro's Cartoon Connection was my favourite kids breakfast show. I was so sad when they axed him. I have a memory that there was a article in a newspaper after the show was canceled that Agro would be burned in an oven!!! I was horrified.

I use to have an Agro plush too!
Agro and his puppet master Jamie Dunn were on some morning show (I think it was channel 7's) a couple of weeks ago. I had to go out so I couldn't find out what they were doing on the show.

Omg I have a mental image of you regarding finding out about Agro being burned in an oven= :arghh: + :nailbiting: + :jawdrop: (this combo)

Agro and Jamie Dunn were on 2Day FM back in the 90's. Do you remember?

Agro and his puppet master Jamie Dunn were on some morning show (I think it was channel 7's) a couple of weeks ago. I had to go out so couldn't find out what they were doing on the show.

I was just searching about Agro and he has some live shows with Jamie Dunn coming up in the next few weeks in Brisbane. Perhaps they were on the morning show to promote that? http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...p-late-show-for-brisbane-20150828-gj9whl.html
Omg I have a mental image of you regarding finding out about Agro being burned alive = :arghh: + :nailbiting: + :jawdrop: (this combo)

Yes it was quite like that. haha.
Agro and Jamie Dunn were on 2Day FM back in the 90's. Do you remember?

I was really young so I don't really remember hearing Agro on the radio.
@Lucas They burned Agro? :speechless:

Come to think of it now I think Jamie Dunn said that. You know how he is and his humour. hahaha. But as a little kid I believed it and my father confirmed it too when I asked him what exactly it meant that Agro was going in the oven.

Last edited:
Now Agro is a show I remember - at last. He has the dubious honour of getting me to willingly eat a banana. They made some treat where they dipped a banana in honey and peanut butter and possibly other things too and then froze it and I replicated the recipe myself. Prior to that I had been too scared of bananas to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back