Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yes he's not a club guy he just rides a bike. He is a snake lover though, so I just ignore him telling me how "beautiful" they are!

I was raised in FNQ with the kill em mantra. Over the years I can't kill animals. And you are right, if you have ever seen a taipan or an eastern brown strike...you don't have a chance...they are lightning fast and those two species keep hitting. If you see something non python like, get a pro out to deal with it. Taipans and browns kill pets and kids. I am always gobsmacked when hearing stories of mr joe average trying to take a brown on with a shovel/axe that is when people get hurt.

on the flip side...Python = no rats mice
lolz bikeys - didn't mean he was a Rebel or Hells Angel :p

I had a few mice in the kitchen over the last year, caught a few in a trap - but in the last month not a whisper :) Even a trap in the garage only attracts ants.... So yes, not a fan of snakes but hate vermin in the house so - the welcome mat is out (sort of) :)

I've been extremely lucky with snakes around here, 12 months ago I went outside to watch the lightening in a storm & stood next to a stick, like 10 cm from it, (this was night time) after a few minutes of gazing upwards I saw out of the corner of my eye the stick slither off... :eek:
A few months back walking in the back yard I glanced down to see a 10cm light brown snake slither between my feet was I walked - it was the same colour as the dirt... :dead:
2 brown snakes (as in nasty browns) I've startled and they've scarpered off within a few metres from me, whilst I've backtracked cautiously lolz.... just have to have eyes out for them... haha

lolz bikeys - didn't mean he was a Rebel or Hells Angel :p

I had a few mice in the kitchen over the last year, caught a few in a trap - but in the last month not a whisper :) Even a trap in the garage only attracts ants.... So yes, not a fan of snakes but hate vermin in the house so - the welcome mat is out (sort of) :)

I've been extremely lucky with snakes around here, 12 months ago I went outside to watch the lightening in a storm & stood next to a stick, like 10 cm from it, (this was night time) after a few minutes of gazing upwards I saw out of the corner of my eye the stick slither off... :eek:
A few months back walking in the back yard I glanced down to see a 10cm light brown snake slither between my feet was I walked - it was the same colour as the dirt... :dead:
2 brown snakes (as in nasty browns) I've startled and they've scarpered off within a few metres from me, whilst I've backtracked cautiously lolz.... just have to have eyes out for them... haha
Yeah , if the brown snake was as think as a finger it was probably a tree snake (they are all shades from bright green to dust coloured)

Ridgy didge browns are thicker and shorter and they do not back off. They will arc up straight away, I grew up with taipans and copperheads browns etc. But hey, always err on the side of caution. people who say "they are more afraid of you etc etc are generally people who don't know snakes.

do you back onto a water source.

Yeah , if the brown snake was as think as a finger it was probably a tree snake (they are all shades from bright green to dust coloured)

Ridgy didge browns are thicker and shorter and they do not back off. They will arc up straight away, I grew up with taipans and copperheads browns etc. But hey, always err on the side of caution. people who say "they are more afraid of you etc etc are generally people who don't know snakes.

do you back onto a water source.
one side is a golf course (with water) that is a declared snake habitat (so the signs say :) ) & the other side is a national park

one side is a golf course (with water) that is a declared snake habitat (so the signs say :) ) & the other side is a national park
LOLOLOL a declared Snake Habitat! Fuck me roman that is bad luck. Yeah I was meaning the watercourse is why you have so many ropey visitors so removing/relocating maybe will not help unless you relocate you. Mate, it sounds like you know what to do though.

I still freak a bit out here cause even pythons eat birds and I have some very special parrots.

Rule of thumb though (and its an old and well used one) Back away slowly, keep your eyes on it.

H E L L O !

Oh my God!

Guess what?!

I actually finished reading a book, and I am about to start another one!

I miss you all! (even those of you who I hate!)

It is a sad state of affairs when you can catch up in under 15 minutes.

I am having such a brilliant week. I have fallen a little more in love with Educator McDreamy, and I can insert catheters like a wild thing. Give me a urethra and I will whip you in a catheter!!!

:) :) :)

What's new outside Mutts taking over the world one womb at a time and Zooper Doopers?

What book did you read Trala? I use to read a lot of books, but haven't been able to get into any lately. I do like the real crime genre, I am very interested in how the human mind works, and how people can do such horrible things like murder etc. Not a lot has been happening here, Sydney and their daily storms, though today no storm

tumblr_lzz1rqiiL91qkvhkao1_500.gif

Hey @mutleyp , its so quiet here, have your christmas presents all done?
Very quite! Good and bad, good everyone out there enjoying life, bad, cos not much to read when log on :p

Usually I would be done, this year, not so much, only my charity ones done so far, how about you?

Somebody I stopped speaking to three years ago is STILL running around telling tales and slagging me off, to people they don't know. Very odd behaviour.

I think the past couple of weeks have been very entertaining for me and probably the most interesting times I have had on this forum.
Happy for you little buddy.[DOUBLEPOST=1418178068][/DOUBLEPOST]
Somebody I stopped speaking to three years ago is STILL running around telling tales and slagging me off, to people they don't know. Very odd behaviour.
As Madonna would say.

The IMPACT!

Sounds like it really was the right choice to stop talking to her. Still, like bleachy dude said, it really shows the impact you still have on her. Must be so frustrating tho!

Try Santa shopping for kids that keep changing their minds! :bang:

get them to dictate a letter to santa, you write, has to be final answer can't change mind after its been sent! Santa to busy to keep up with all the kids changing their minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back