Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd need at least a little bit of sugar in with the fruit. Haha. In saying that though I like frozen fruit juice. Even the completely natural one. So it would probably be similar. Just thicker consistency.

I says cause the water is not actually the coconut. It just accidentally gets stuck inside and then goes off. Haha.

It's true, the frozen consistency makes a big difference, maybe I will go all out and chuck some fruit in the magic bullet and then put it in my zip pop thingys and make some (no doubt subpar) ice blocks.

Hey speaking of magic bullets, I saw soooo many in target on the weekend. I can't believe we considered them a rare item not long ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1418039962][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not a big dark chocolate fan. But the cherry and coconut is yummy.

Same!

It's true, the frozen consistency makes a big difference, maybe I will go all out and chuck some fruit in the magic bullet and then put it in my zip pop thingys and make some (no doubt subpar) ice blocks.

Hey speaking of magic bullets, I saw soooo many in target on the weekend. I can't believe we considered them a rare item not long ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1418039962][/DOUBLEPOST]

Same!
It's weird how hard it was to find them online (the magic bullets). Try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lol! no surprises there.

It's weird how hard it was to find them online (the magic bullets). Try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lol! no surprises there.

Yeah, so weird!

I'll try these fruit zoopers soon, it will just be hard for me knowing they contain fruit, but it's not like it's veggies!

Hehe yeah from now on I'll only point out if I'm not the same, otherwise just assume that I am at all times lol.

Oh yeah I tried the sprite thingy recently at McDonald's, pretty good!

I'll try these fruit zoopers soon, it will just be hard for me knowing they contain fruit, but it's not like it's veggies!

Oh, I dunno! I don't think anything is actually a fruit anymore. I was eating some grapes last night and I casually did a search to see if they were considered fruit or not and I fell into a deep search hole where I found out that so many things that I thought were vegetables were actually fruit, and vice versa, and sometimes they were both, and sometimes they were neither, and now I don't know what to believe!

Reactions: Tee
Oh, I dunno! I don't think anything is actually a fruit anymore. I was eating some grapes last night and I casually did a search to see if they were considered fruit or not and I fell into a deep search hole where I found out that so many things that I thought were vegetables were actually fruit, and vice versa, and sometimes they were both, and sometimes they were neither, and now I don't know what to believe!

This confuses me sooo much too! Is there some blanket rule that if it grows underground it's a vegetable, if it grows above it's a fruit?

This confuses me sooo much too! Is there some blanket rule that if it grows underground it's a vegetable, if it grows above it's a fruit?

Yeah it's too confusing. I think fruit is classed by having seeds, maybe? So tomato, avocado, capsicum, pumpkin maybe too etc are supposedly fruits. And bananas are classed as a berry apparently. Oh but not all things with berry in it's name are in fact berries. Weird.

To me they are all plants and they are either sweet or not and that is my criteria and clearly the most logical. If it has it's place in a fruit salad then it's a fruit.

I can't say I like too many plants, even chocolate I can take or leave and it has plant origins.

Yes! Abroad, somewhere sunny, with cocktails, and shopping, 12 birds, 1 stone![DOUBLEPOST=1418067246][/DOUBLEPOST]

I use coconut oil in my hair once a week, and oil pulling, and around my eyes, Im obsessed with coconut oil!

Hahaha yes how good would that be?! I totally want to look into this.

I love coconut oil for beauty purposes too, it's honestly the best moisturiser ever. All of my favourite at home beauty regimes seem to involve things from the kitchen. The hippies in my family have gotten to me!

These scienteeeeeeests or newspaper men or gov't officials get paid bucket loads of $$$$$ to screw with your minds and tell you that a tomato is a fruit & not a vegetable.......

WHY ????

AND who cares - as long as my pretty pink toenails are planted firmly on the ground a tomato goes in the vegetable crisper along with the other vegetables & a banana sits along side the peaches, apples & plums in the fruit section & strawberries mix in with blueberries in a punnet ......

AND THATS IT - my fridge - they is what I tell them they is... you start puttin' tommy's & nana's together
Scary.gif

Yeah, I thought the blanket rule was "above ground = fruit" too, but apparently not in quite a few cases.

Yeah it's too confusing. I think fruit is classed by having seeds, maybe? So tomato, avocado, capsicum, pumpkin maybe too etc are supposedly fruits. And bananas are classed as a berry apparently. Oh but not all things with berry in it's name are in fact berries. Weird.

To me they are all plants and they are either sweet or not and that is my criteria and clearly the most logical. If it has it's place in a fruit salad then it's a fruit.

I think tomatoes are berries too maybe? I dunno, there's so many different factors that it just seems pointless in the end. I was very taken aback by pumpkin being a fruit, and also watermelon being a vegetable... sometimes, depending on where in the world you are and how you prepare it. So odd.

Yeah, I thought the blanket rule was "above ground = fruit" too, but apparently not in quite a few cases.

I think tomatoes are berries too maybe? I dunno, there's so many different factors that it just seems pointless in the end. I was very taken aback by pumpkin being a fruit, and also watermelon being a vegetable... sometimes, depending on where in the world you are and how you prepare it. So odd.
Lol! don't overthink it. Just eat and enjoy. Haha

Procrastinating hard today.

When you have an essay to write that you genuinely find interesting but just can't find the motivation.

Ugh Mr 17 bought a router, not a modem/router. Opened the box before he realised, $100 down the drain.

H E L L O !

Oh my God!

Guess what?!

I actually finished reading a book, and I am about to start another one!

I miss you all! (even those of you who I hate!)

It is a sad state of affairs when you can catch up in under 15 minutes.

I am having such a brilliant week. I have fallen a little more in love with Educator McDreamy, and I can insert catheters like a wild thing. Give me a urethra and I will whip you in a catheter!!!

:) :) :)

What's new outside Mutts taking over the world one womb at a time and Zooper Doopers?

I think this was the same one on my roof last week, it's still around - I happened to see it just behind my property - I got as close as I dared taking a pic before retreating quickly :)

ss3.jpg

I think this was the same one on my roof last week, it's still around - I happened to see it just behind my property - I got as close as I dared taking a pic before retreating quickly :)

View attachment 47613
Thing.. It's a carpet snake and {she} looks pregnant. look around your house for a mound of fresh turned earth. The clutch could be large and then you will have a few new ropey friends. Carpetees wont hurt you. They do have teeth but they are in the back of their mouth as opposed to fangs.

We get loads of them here and I guess I am used to them although I "get" that they freak people out.There is a guy on the sunny coast (can't remember his name) but he removes/relocates ropes. He rides a 76 Harley sportster. May be worth getting him out to locate the clutch (eggs) and get rid of them.

Dunno if that helps...cheers

Thing.. It's a carpet snake and {she} looks pregnant. look around your house for a mound of fresh turned earth. The clutch could be large and then you will have a few new ropey friends. Carpetees wont hurt you. They do have teeth but they are in the back of their mouth as opposed to fangs.

We get loads of them here and I guess I am used to them although I "get" that they freak people out.There is a guy on the sunny coast (can't remember his name) but he removes/relocates ropes. He rides a 76 Harley sportster. May be worth getting him out to locate the clutch (eggs) and get rid of them.

Dunno if that helps...cheers
Thanks for that, I dare say I won't go looking for it as I really don't like snakes - I'm just thankful that the birds are plentiful here & I've learnt their 'snake' call. When I hear it I follow the birds to see what type of snake it is. If its a python, I'm not overly bothered but wary.. Other ones I keep an eye on them until they exit my property (not by my tempting either) I let them make their own minds up where they're going, I'd never try to move or scare one off.. I've seen plenty of snakes strike at birds etc & wow they're quick, quicker than me haha...

They can stay as long as they're nice & its only a temporary visit :)

*** If I see a nest of snakeys wandering the property I'll give the Bikey's a call to relocate them :p

Thanks for that, I dare say I won't go looking for it as I really don't like snakes - I'm just thankful that the birds are plentiful here & I've learnt their 'snake' call. When I hear it I follow the birds to see what type of snake it is. If its a python, I'm not overly bothered but wary.. Other ones I keep an eye on them until they exit my property (not by my tempting either) I let them make their own minds up where they're going, I'd never try to move or scare one off.. I've seen plenty of snakes strike at birds etc & wow they're quick, quicker than me haha...

They can stay as long as they're nice & its only a temporary visit :)

*** If I see a nest of snakeys wandering the property I'll give the Bikey's a call to relocate them :p
well yes he's not a club guy he just rides a bike. He is a snake lover though, so I just ignore him telling me how "beautiful" they are!

I was raised in FNQ with the kill em mantra. Over the years I can't kill animals. And you are right, if you have ever seen a taipan or an eastern brown strike...you don't have a chance...they are lightning fast and those two species keep hitting. If you see something non python like, get a pro out to deal with it. Taipans and browns kill pets and kids. I am always gobsmacked when hearing stories of mr joe average trying to take a brown on with a shovel/axe that is when people get hurt.

on the flip side...Python = no rats mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back