Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't seen my fish tank. It's going green.

Maybe we are? I don't know anyone with a grotty house, aside from my fish of course.
I reckon mine is worse, I cleaned mine the other day and it was hideous...I still have to finish the job.

Uhhh I have an exam on nerve testing, so for study I'm testing all my nerves.....the pain!

I reckon mine is worse, I cleaned mine the other day and it was hideous...I still have to finish the job.

Uhhh I have an exam on nerve testing, so for study I'm testing all my nerves.....the pain!

What are you doing exactly? I have notice a few of your random ramblings about it and always though whoa and ouch..

What are you doing exactly? I have notice a few of your random ramblings about it and always though whoa and ouch..
Yeah...it's a very new degree so everytime I talk about it, I take an hour explaining things.
Basically it's a therapist that takes stuff from osteopath and physio knowledge bases, though I do no high velocity stuff.

But yes I cause pain bwahahaha.

ps don't even ask...did not watch cause was out, and was not a happy camper with what I read in the papers when I got home.
I don't know how much ben has helped the 'cause'....but I always hope my friends who happen to be same gender ( I don't really like the term same sex couples ) couples have the right to do what they want personally.......marry or otherwise. Real world stuff :)
Why, what were they saying? :eek:

I've only heard it on the radio so far and they seemed pretty positive, but I flicked through the Herald Sun and (despite thir online article) I didn't see a single thing about the Finale whatsoever, which I thought odd. I even checked twice. :confused:

At the end of the day, I'm just basically happy that something like that was actually broadcasted on live TV, to millions of people and on Channel 9 no less. Was pretty awesome.

Haters are gonna hate, but oh well.

I dont wanna be here today, much rather be laying in bed watching movies!

Lunch time in 5 minutes!

I dont wanna be here today, much rather be laying in bed watching movies!

Lunch time in 5 minutes!
We would all rather be laying in bed watching movies.

Who's keen for a group slumber party? :rolleyes: We could rent one of those ginormous beds like in BB08, hahaha!

I would Deffo hear about the good lord and take note if she was in that dress she posted a while back.

Remember I'm still a newbie and have a Ben face on, at the thought of a female Anglican priest posting on the big brother forums.

There's quite a new breed of us out there these days. ;)

Nothing on the hard copy either which I found pretty curious.

I'm not sure if its lack of acknowledged for the cause or if its just the general disdain that the media have for the franchise. Maybe the wrong network to milk it. 10 at least would have had a story on the project with lead ins. Can't see Tracey grim whore doing a fluff piece, even if she is gay.

OOmg bea Smith is scaring me.

Damn I'm an ugly...

Trala Deffo won't cam me her labia now

aajptt, I LOVE your avatar of the iconic Bea Smith.

Sad but true, when I was about 13 in about 1993. I would get up and watch prisoner religiously at 5am. I missed the first airing cause I was a fetus.

I first got into it with the nineties repeats too, and now I'm watching it on Foxtel every night/morning (with the timeshift channels the same episode is on at least 6 times a day). It's certainly cheaper than the boxset DVD's.

We would all rather be laying in bed watching movies.

Who's keen for a group slumber party? :rolleyes: We could rent one of those ginormous beds like in BB08, hahaha!

My bed is the same as the one in the captains quarters just fyi

Sad but true, when I was about 13 in about 1993. I would get up and watch prisoner religiously at 5am. I missed the first airing cause I was a fetus.

I first got into it with the nineties repeats too, and now I'm watching it on Foxtel every night/morning (with the timeshift channels the same episode is on at least 6 times a day). It's certainly cheaper than the boxset DVD's.

They are also remaking it at the moment called Wentworth it will be on SoHo next year, 10 episodes grittier taking some storylines from the show, but the characters are the same names

index-image.jpg

Hold the ironing press….. Danielle Cormack has landed the ‘top dog’ role of Bea Smith in new Foxtel drama, Wentworth.

The 10-part reimagining of Prisoner, will reboot established characters and introduce new ones in the fictional Wentworth Detention Centre and will shake off the original series’ reputation for wafer-thin sets and occasionally over-the-top performances.

With significant changes from its original premise, it will also ask fans to re-think their memories of iconic characters in order to breathe a contemporary life into the ambitious show.

Some characters have been given new roles, such as Meg Jackson becoming Governor and Erica Davidson now pitched as a lawyer. The role of Doreen Anderson, originally played by Colette Mann, is now an Indigenous character. Officer Jim Fletcher is now Officer Matthew Fletcher.

Key roles are:

Prisoners:
Wentworth’s latest arrival, suburban wife and mum Bea Smith: Danielle Cormack (Underbelly Razor, Rake)
GenY lesbian Franky Doyle: Nicole Da Silva (Rush, East West 101)
Liz Birdsworth: Celia Ireland (Laid, All Saints)
Young Aboriginal woman Doreen Anderson: newcomer Shareena Clanton
Newly-created character, crime matriarch Jacs Holt: Kris McQuade (Killing Time, The Circuit)

Correction staff and others:
Governor Meg Jackson: Catherine McClements (Rush, Tangle, Water Rats)
Deputy Vera Bennett: Kate Atkinson (Offspring, Rush)
Officer Matthew “Fletch” Fletcher: Aaron Jeffery (Underbelly Badness, McLeod’s Daughters)
Officer Will Jackson: Robbie Magasiva (Shortland Street)
and progressive and crusading lawyer Erica Davidson: Leeanna Walsman (Underbelly Badness)

Developed by Lara Radulovich and David Hannam the series is described as “a confronting drama set in the pressure cooker environment of a women’s prison. The inmates and the corrections staff of Wentworth Detention Centre will be forced to forge unlikely friendships and allegiances if they are to survive on the inside.”

The series will be shot on a purpose built prison set in the Melbourne suburb of Clayton and employ in excess of 300 cast and crew. So far none of the original Prisoner cast have been announced in cameo roles, or attached to the project, despite Val Lehman indicating she was keen to return in the role of the Governor.

Foxtel Executive Director of Television Brian Walsh said “Wentworth will be bold Australian storytelling with this remarkable group of actors portraying the rivalries, power struggles and heartbreak of prison life in a drama tailor-made for the subscription television audience.”

FremantleMedia Australia Director of Drama and Executive Producer Jo Porter said “Wentworth is a compelling character drama series about women and I’m absolutely thrilled with the superb cast we have assembled to bring them to life.”

As one of Australian TV’s most iconic soaps, Prisoner has previously been reimagined as a US series and a UK stage musical.

Wentworth will premiere in 2013 only on the SoHo channel. A four month shoot begins in Melbourne next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back