Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking forward to your animated gif seachange.

tumblr_inline_naf6hofl741semksa.gif

Just make sure before anything is signed that you get a pest inspection and a builder/plumber to give it the once over too. Cos you've got the salty sea breeze doing things to stuff you can't see. Hope you find a great place in a quiet location :) ( yes, I am such a nanna! :p)
Thanks Coops!

I have no idea what I'm doing!!!

We made an offer on a house today, but we have no idea what happens if they accept it!

We will be sure to get a pest/build inspection.

Speaking of weird thoughts when young. I thought everytime I saw an old pre 1960's black and white photo that the entire world back then was black and white and that there were no such things as colours, and it wasn't until the 1960's and 70's that colour was invented which meant that the entire world stopped being black and white and started being colourful.

I still sometimes catch myself thinking this!

Good morning OT Defectives!

I am currently stuck between a snoring man and a snoring dog, trying to work out which one to disturb in order for me to get up and make a coffee.

Missed out on the house.

It came down to a 3 way without the nudity, with the highest bidder winning.

Sadly it wasn't us.

Oh that sucks, sorry to hear. It sounds like you are now already indoctrinated into the joys of buying property, but hopefully you get the dream place soon.

Just found out today that my great-uncle killed himself. I'm not sure what to feel apart from sadness at the tragic loss of a fellow human.

Missed out on the house.

It came down to a 3 way without the nudity, with the highest bidder winning.

Sadly it wasn't us.
Your home will come. take your time, have a good look at it, when we bought our house, we should of waited, but we were so tired of looking, had to pretty much renovate the whole inside. So exciting for you both!

Reactions: Tee
Just found out today that my great-uncle killed himself. I'm not sure what to feel apart from sadness at the tragic loss of a fellow human.

Sorry to hear that Reepy :( I'd say that that is a perfectly fine way to feel, there's no wrong or right way to feel.

It is thundering and raining here, I have one big baby hiding under my desk, and no it isn't my son!!

Yes this storm is a bit full on, hey! Summer is definitely over.

I was very generously given a $1000 ikea voucher today. Do I wait until I need something specific before spending it and risk it expiring, or just slowly start buying crap now? I do want to upgrade some furniture items, but I'm also hoping to move soon so ideally I'd wait until then, but that might not even happen.

Yes, a very first world problem, but my whole life is a series of first world problems...

When I was little I still believed in god with a capital G. It was always problematic ,though, because my image of god with a capital G was a small creature with many, many sticks sticking out of its egg-shaped body. No old bearded man in the sky for this little jammie! Oh, no! My god with a capital G was a very unhuggy sort of superbeing. No wonder I'm an atheist!

When I was little I still believed in god with a capital G. It was always problematic ,though, because my image of god with a capital G was a small creature with many, many sticks sticking out of its egg-shaped body. No old bearded man in the sky for this little jammie! Oh, no! My god with a capital G was a very unhuggy sort of superbeing. No wonder I'm an atheist!

Interesting.

As a former Catholic, I used to believe in God, but that was when I was younger. When I got older and started to think about things a bit more I decided that I didn't believe in God anymore. I still went to and graduated from a Catholic high school though.

Reactions: Jam
Interesting.

As a former Catholic, I used to believe in God, but that was when I was younger. When I got older and started to think about things a bit more I decided that I didn't believe in God anymore. I still went to and graduated from a Catholic high school though.

Well, I had a protestant mother and an agnostic father, so I certainly didn't have a traditionally religious upbringing. In the end, when my mother was dieing, she decided that there was no (G)od and was reasonably happy for her body to go back into the universe that created the building blocks that allowed her life; she would rather have kept living, obviously, but had stopped engaging with the fairy tale. I stopped believing in a god when I had my first child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back