Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ewww people are fucked, why own one as a pet??? I've been freaking out tonight dbl checking all the doors windows etc coz I know its around somewhere - after what you said the fucker is probably looking in from the window waiting for me to go to sleep....
Oh you know @Thing they can sneak in under the door:eek:

Reactions: Tee
Nearly 2 years!!

:)

However, I'm not an RN, Mutts is the RN. I am an EN.

The biggest difference in our scope is I can't administer IV meds. And I can't take responsibility of the care of a deteriorating patient and I can't give a first dose of medication.

I work under the delegation and supervision of an RN.
Can EEN's put in IDC's in Queensland? We cannot do them here in NSW. But we can administer IV antibiotics as long as it isn't the first dose.

Good morning OT Thread!

I am laying here contemplating:-

Should I have an active day or a lazy day?!

I am leaning towards lazy.

Can EEN's put in IDC's in Queensland? We cannot do them here in NSW. But we can administer IV antibiotics as long as it isn't the first dose.
Our EN scope is now at a national level thanks to APHRA changing the rules, meaning skills and levels in nursing are now recognised Australia wide, rather than State wide.

There are no EEN's anymore, just EN's. The EN's who chose not to upskill in the transition faze dropped back to AIN. All EN's are now required to be registered through APHRA.

EN's can catheterise, however different organisations have different guidelines, but it is in our scope. IV AB's are okay too (not first dose), but unless previously deemed competent before the change over, you have to complete a workshop, which I haven't got around to.

They are calling us Super Nurses because you get the almost skill of an RN at a bargain EN hourly rate!!

An early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year people of OT!

Hope everyone has a great festive season.

Will hopefully catch up with you all next year. Take care!
Where you going?!

W A I T !

Take me with you!!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

told Ben about those uni discounts, he signed up, I have no idea what to buy him for Xmas, he's so fussy, would giving him money be a bad thing?

How old is he? even if he picks out some stuff and you pay for them? I do that sometimes for my niece and nephew

Good morning OT Thread!

I am laying here contemplating:-

Should I have an active day or a lazy day?!

I am leaning towards lazy.
Yeah have a lazy day, its only gunna be wet up here anyways....

I have to work tonight, so I is lazing abooooot .....

Reactions: Tee
Our EN scope is now at a national level thanks to APHRA changing the rules, meaning skills and levels in nursing are now recognised Australia wide, rather than State wide.

There are no EEN's anymore, just EN's. The EN's who chose not to upskill in the transition faze dropped back to AIN. All EN's are now required to be registered through APHRA.

EN's can catheterise, however different organisations have different guidelines, but it is in our scope. IV AB's are okay too (not first dose), but unless previously deemed competent before the change over, you have to complete a workshop, which I haven't got around to.

They are calling us Super Nurses because you get the almost skill of an RN at a bargain EN hourly rate!!
Yes it's so wrong with the pay rates for EN's. The amount of work they do for the pay rate. I must be out of the loop,( been out of nursing for a year) didn't know EEN went back to EN. Unless it is a state thing[DOUBLEPOST=1417821924][/DOUBLEPOST]
How old is he? even if he picks out some stuff and you pay for them? I do that sometimes for my niece and nephew
He is 20

My inlaws are really really hard to buy for so I'm doing a little basket. I hope woolies sell boiled lollies. I got shortbread and chocolates. I'll get peanuts, assorted biscuits, whiskey relish and boiled lollies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back