Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

So just to give everyone an update… I’m doing well. Took me a few days to get over the shock of what happened. I think the fact that I still have no memory of how it all happened has helped a lot… Although part of me does want to know. Other than a letter I received today referring me to victims services I haven’t heard anything from Calgary Police.
Good to hear you're recovering.
It's unbelievable what happened to you.

So just to give everyone an update… I’m doing well. Took me a few days to get over the shock of what happened. I think the fact that I still have no memory of how it all happened has helped a lot… Although part of me does want to know. Other than a letter I received today referring me to victims services I haven’t heard anything from Calgary Police.

Glad you are feeling better, all very odd and scary. Would you say you have processed it all mentally?

Glad you are feeling better, all very odd and scary. Would you say you have processed it all mentally?
I’ve processed as much as I can really. I mean we’re coming up on two weeks in a few days and I still don’t know how it happened, why, or anything for that matter other than I was sprayed with some sort of pepper spray so there hasn’t been much to process.

@Kingston I’m well into season 2 of suits. It’s better than I thought it was going to be. Harvey is the coolest by far and is easily put my hand up to working with him and trusting him the most, but I definitely think I’m a mike ross kind of person. It’s the slight dorkiness. I love Louis. Hoping he sides with the right side.

Go!

It’s so good. The set is so immersive. The show starts before it starts. You feel like you are in the Moulin Rouge. Bit weird seeing Simon Bourke outside of Play School haha but he is great. And Timonatic is surprisingly talented singing and talking in French accent. The two main actors are brilliant (do you remember my story of meeting the main guy at Hamilton) he is as talented as he was fun!

Lots of modern pop songs reworked to tell the story. Lots of laughs and emotions.

So worth it. At the very least try for $30 lottery tickets on the todaytix app ;)
You’ve sold me!

@Kingston I’m well into season 2 of suits. It’s better than I thought it was going to be. Harvey is the coolest by far and is easily put my hand up to working with him and trusting him the most, but I definitely think I’m a mike ross kind of person. It’s the slight dorkiness. I love Louis. Hoping he sides with the right side.

Suits is a great show! Glad you're loving it!

Suits is a great show! Glad you're loving it!
I really am. All the characters are likeable. I was expecting a bunch of highly unethical moves and choices, but it’s not like that. I’ve become addicted though. Every spare minute goes into this show. I’m going to have to slow it down otherwise I’ll bore myself.

I really am. All the characters are likeable. I was expecting a bunch of highly unethical moves and choices, but it’s not like that. I’ve become addicted though. Every spare minute goes into this show. I’m going to have to slow it down otherwise I’ll bore myself.
I LOVED suits. I don’t really rewatch tv series, but I wish I could watch that again for the first time.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

Yes I agree there’s just something about Mike that inches him above Harvey.

Louis is such a great character due to how much depth he gets. You get to see him at his absolute worst and his most emotional.

Harvey is just such a badass. I wish I could win like he does.

I’m also a big fan of the female cast as well. I’m a Donna stan.

I was also hopelessly addicted to the show the first time I watched it. That theme song was stuck in my head constantly.

Last edited:
I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

Yes I agree there’s just something about Mike that inches him above Harvey.

Louis is such a great character due to how much depth he gets. You get to see him at his absolute worst and his most emotional.

Harvey is just such a badass. I wish I could win like he does.

I’m also a big fan of the female cast as well. I’m a Donna stan.

I was also hopelessly addicted to the show the first time I watched it. That theme song was stuck in my head constantly.
I love the female cast too. Jessica, Rachael and Donna all have these moments when they team up and it’s so good! I’m still waiting on a rachel and Jessica team up. Even the non regular ones are great additions to the show like Zoe and Scottie. Wish Zoe was more regular. Donna is my favourite though. It’s impossible not to Stan her. Just like I kind of Stan Louis.

Louis is so nice to the women so it’s impossible not to. I kind of feel sad for him because he just wants to be in or feel included.

Harvey and Donna had a thing in the past or will have more of a thing soon, right. Don’t actually tell me, but there’s more there.

I haven’t watched any show in between besides this show. Thanks for the recommendation

I LOVED suits. I don’t really rewatch tv series, but I wish I could watch that again for the first time.
I’m extremely late to the party. Not that I avoided it or chose not to watch it. I really didn’t get the luxury of watching shows during the crazy times of covid isolation. Ozark is one of the very few shows I watched from the time of each seasons release. I have a Jason Bateman thing. But even then I struggled with the workload. I’m catching up now though, I’ve gone through more shows this time round more than any other time.

I love the female cast too. Jessica, Rachael and Donna all have these moments when they team up and it’s so good! I’m still waiting on a rachel and Jessica team up. Even the non regular ones are great additions to the show like Zoe and Scottie. Wish Zoe was more regular. Donna is my favourite though. It’s impossible not to Stan her. Just like I kind of Stan Louis.

Louis is so nice to the women so it’s impossible not to. I kind of feel sad for him because he just wants to be in or feel included.

Harvey and Donna had a thing in the past or will have more of a thing soon, right. Don’t actually tell me, but there’s more there.

I haven’t watched any show in between besides this show. Thanks for the recommendation
Fun fact: Jacinda Barrett (Zoe) is married to Gabriel Macht (Harvey).

Season 2 Episode 2; Donna confronts Mike about dating Rachel and she tells him to let her go. He says he’s unsure if they can work together afterwards. Donna tells Mike it’s possible and that the feelings eventually “go away”.

Donna is a great actress and an even better bullshiter.

Hmm maybe I should watch Suits! I always seem to watch shows years and years after everyone else. So many shows I would like to watch someday.
Highly recommended. I was hooked in from episode 1. After season 1 the series switches to a serialized story and it becomes even more addictive. Even with the lack of a serialized story in season 1 it’s still a very character driven story with lots of depth and well fleshed out characters.

Highly recommended. I was hooked in from episode 1. After season 1 the series switches to a serialized story and it becomes even more addictive. Even with the lack of a serialized story in season 1 it’s still a very character driven story with lots of depth and well fleshed out characters.

Ah cool, I haven’t really heard bad things about it so I will have a look. It might be nice to watch a show that isn’t really old and something I’ve seen before wonder that seems to be all I ever watch these days.

I just find Meghan annoying. Which is a deterrent in starting to watch it…
I can see where you're coming from but she's not Meghan in the show she's Rachel and they're very different.

However, I got bored with Suits after awhile and never finished watching it. Like so many series I thought it went a season or two too long.

Last edited:
I can see where you're coming from but she's not Meghan in the show she's Rachel and they're very different.

However, I got bored with Suits after awhile and never finished watching it. Like so many series I thought it went a season or two too long.
I guess.
It‘s still a deterrent though.

But on the other hand I do need a show to binge on. Just watched Only Murders in the Building. Thinking maybe Reservation Dogs…

Back