Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Yes super privileged, basically anything that promotes itself as having extra health benefits or geared around weight loss but still charging some hectic amount can get F’d. Health and vitality should not be reserved just for the elite and some people can’t even afford fresh fruit and vegetables: In saying this, there are nutrient foods that are accessible for a lot of people, but stupid products like this one create the idea that healthy eating is out of reach. This particular protein pole has 2g of protein per pole anyway so it’s not even like it’s a good source of protein.

There is a collagen version of it, presumably also with negligible amounts of collagen. My vain ass self will fall for beauty promises but I must draw the line at a $16 packet of icy poles.

The worst part is people just assume poorer people are too dumb to eat correctly. As opposed to it just being a lot cheaper.

581109e88139712f92de3477b6c65a56.png
15782e164b98a6baea002c3de1f0a25c.png

I believe the Quest ones are 60grams. They're super light and in no way satisfying. Some crunch and gone.

Some of the low cal ice creams can be nice, if you don't eat regular ice cream, yet way more expensive. My girlfriend is big into all this crap. She's always sending me pictures of whatever healthy product of protein bar she's gotten. About a month or so ago we're out for dinner and the vanilla ice cream with the banquet was her favourite course because she's been so used to low cal ice cream.

I don't really get why she is so obsessed with protein bars.

As for questionable beauty products, I bought an LED face mask recently. I still don't know if it's bullshit or not.

The worst part is people just assume poorer people are too dumb to eat correctly. As opposed to it just being a lot cheaper.

I believe the Quest ones are 60grams. They're super light and in no way satisfying. Some crunch and gone.

Some of the low cal ice creams can be nice, if you don't eat regular ice cream, yet way more expensive. My girlfriend is big into all this crap. She's always sending me pictures of whatever healthy product of protein bar she's gotten. About a month or so ago we're out for dinner and the vanilla ice cream with the banquet was her favourite course because she's been so used to low cal ice cream.

As for questionable beauty products, I bought an LED face mask recently. I still don't know if it's bullshit or not.
Nothing to do with healthy choices, but I prefer these from the health aisle to Doritos or CC's.
s-l400.jpg

Oh yep. Like “just buy some fresh fruit and vegetables and don’t eat processed foods or sugar”. I mean, yes, but some people are working on such tiny budgets that they just… can’t.

And a big offender is a lot of the Atkins bars (and similar brands) where the calories are not that different, the carb count is misleading (huge lawsuit about this actually) and they cost way more. Like, just eat a chocolate bar. So anyone who can’t justify buying one is better off, yet many would have been sucked into the marketing.

Oh yeah I have wondered about the LED masks. I haven’t really found conclusive enough reviews but they sure are popular. Report back?

I may have mentioned this before but I am a bit of an insomniac... I used to just have problems falling asleep at the end of the day but in the last few years I've also started to have issues with staying asleep as well. I was sent for a sleep apnea test about a month ago and fortunately/unfortunately it came back negative. I've had a prescription for Zopiclone off and on for years now and it's great for falling asleep but it hasn't helped with the fact that I wake up several times a night. Last week I went to a walk-in clinic because I was burnt out and missed a few days of work and needed a doctors note. The doctor gave me a lecture about taking Zopiclone (despite it being prescribed by my family doctor) and she ended up giving me a trial of a newer sleep medication called Dayvigo. I wasn't sure about it as I've tried one other medication prescribed for sleep and it wasn't great but I kept an open mind and gave it a shot. Boy has it been a game changer... It's not perfect as I'm still waking up throughout the night, I have had some pretty vivid dreams, and I feel groggy for about the first hour or so in the morning, but it's much easier to get back to sleep and I'm waking up feeling like I've had a more complete and restful nights sleep. I've made an appointment with my family doctor on Friday to see about getting a full prescription. I had pretty much given up hope that we'd figure this mess out, so hopefully I continue to see success with it moving forward.

ETA: I'm a miserable cunt when I've not had enough sleep. I work in a call centre and I already have a low tolerance for stupidity so the lack of sleep just compounds.

Oh yeah i am a former insomniac, I have tried a few medications with various success. Phenergan was probably the best for me and it’s OTC here. CBD oil? A shame edibles aren’t effective for you.

It used to take me so long to get to sleep and my sleep was so poor, I used to share some of my data on here. It was terrible. But I get so tired so early these days, getting older seemed to be the only cure for me.

Remember when Lucas (who I just adore!!!) called them zapper cloopers. Bless.
I love you! ❤️

2014 was some of the best days weren’t they? I was feeling nostalgic and happen to be reading the Finale Drinks thread on here last night and I was laughing my head off. 😂😍

I must thank everyone here for that wonderful experience on the forums back then. So many lovely people on here and you all accepted me with open arms. I don’t think I have ever really been accepted like that anywhere before and not since then either. I remember @mutleyp was one of the first people to make me feel welcome here. 😊

I look back at 2014 so fondly you guys - there was so much laughter and of course naked man gifs. Thank you all you wonderful people! ❤️

P.S. @MADONNA is still the funniest person on here. You slay me. 👏👏👏

Oh yeah i am a former insomniac, I have tried a few medications with various success. Phenergan was probably the best for me and it’s OTC here. CBD oil? A shame edibles aren’t effective for you.

It used to take me so long to get to sleep and my sleep was so poor, I used to share some of my data on here. It was terrible. But I get so tired so early these days, getting older seemed to be the only cure for me.
Edibles could help with me going to sleep but we’re pretty easy to fight off and didn’t help me stay sleeping. At one time I was taking a 5mg indica edible and 20mg of CBD. I also guess I spoke too soon about how well I’ve been feeling… Last night was the worst sleep I’ve had all week. I woke up at least 4 or 5 times throughout the night.

I love you! ❤️

2014 was some of the best days weren’t they? I was feeling nostalgic and happen to be reading the Finale Drinks thread on here last night and I was laughing my head off. 😂😍

I must thank everyone here for that wonderful experience on the forums back then. So many lovely people on here and you all accepted me with open arms. I don’t think I have ever really been accepted like that anywhere before and not since then either. I remember @mutleyp was one of the first people to make me feel welcome here. 😊

I look back at 2014 so fondly you guys - there was so much laughter and of course naked man gifs. Thank you all you wonderful people! ❤️

P.S. @MADONNA is still the funniest person on here. You slay me. 👏👏👏

Aw love you! So good to hear from you again. They were the best times! That was peak OT days and made an otherwise terrible season of BB super enjoyable.

I’m glad you were able to feel welcome and accepted and hopefully it reminds you that you are indeed loveable and worthy of acceptance.

Edibles could help with me going to sleep but we’re pretty easy to fight off and didn’t help me stay sleeping. At one time I was taking a 5mg indica edible and 20mg of CBD. I also guess I spoke too soon about how well I’ve been feeling… Last night was the worst sleep I’ve had all week. I woke up at least 4 or 5 times throughout the night.

Ah sorry to hear. That sucks. Do you think it could be stress related? I never felt like mine was but I also tend to ignore and repress issues in my life so who knows? Until more recently I’ve always been a crap sleeper from a young age so I feel like it’s probably just the way I am.

Ah sorry to hear. That sucks. Do you think it could be stress related? I never felt like mine was but I also tend to ignore and repress issues in my life so who knows? Until more recently I’ve always been a crap sleeper from a young age so I feel like it’s probably just the way I am.
I mean stress doesn’t help but I’m definitely like you and I’m just a crap sleeper. Thank goodness I’m at least getting some sleep… It’s been a while since I’ve been up for 24 hours or more.

I mean stress doesn’t help but I’m definitely like you and I’m just a crap sleeper. Thank goodness I’m at least getting some sleep… It’s been a while since I’ve been up for 24 hours or more.

Ugh yes I remember going to work without having slept at all the night before and my second wind kicking in and I would go to the gym, at least I’d sort of crash later. Couldn’t even blame partying at this particular time.

I also remember working as a nanny and I fell asleep at work so many times when the kids were sleeping too. One of the few jobs where it’s sort of vaguely ok to do so. Or maybe not really now I think about it.

The tear trough updated that literally nobody asked for, I now have a small lump forming that almost certainly looks worse than before. I really don’t want to get the entire amount of filler dissolved, hoping it just kind of goes away but I’m going to get it reviewed soon. Should have just stuck with cheeks!

I’m just having a read through some fun times, in regards to WB, tbh he brought out the worst in me, we did get along for awhile, I can’t remember what started it, I do remember he unfairly (in my eyes) went after someone and Trala and I went to defence, it was tit for tat, low blows on both sides, he started finding my personal accounts (which didn’t bother me, they public and I had posted pictures of myself on here anyway) and he went after my partner to get to me, my partner is some what in public eye, so I wasn’t having that.

But in no way was I innocent, I also doxed him with some of his details, and it was stupid.

I actually did some stupid shit on here back in the day, got caught up in certain things, which in reflection I’m terribly sorry for, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

The times were pretty amazing spent with you guys, and it was sad when it was over!

The tear trough updated that literally nobody asked for, I now have a small lump forming that almost certainly looks worse than before. I really don’t want to get the entire amount of filler dissolved, hoping it just kind of goes away but I’m going to get it reviewed soon. Should have just stuck with cheeks!
I’m dying to know who did it! Haha

If worst comes to worse hyalase, wait a few weeks and go cheeks instead! (Also I wanted that update!)

I’m just having a read through some fun times, in regards to WB, tbh he brought out the worst in me, we did get along for awhile, I can’t remember what started it, I do remember he unfairly (in my eyes) went after someone and Trala and I went to defence, it was tit for tat, low blows on both sides, he started finding my personal accounts (which didn’t bother me, they public and I had posted pictures of myself on here anyway) and he went after my partner to get to me, my partner is some what in public eye, so I wasn’t having that.

But in no way was I innocent, I also doxed him with some of his details, and it was stupid.

I actually did some stupid shit on here back in the day, got caught up in certain things, which in reflection I’m terribly sorry for, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

The times were pretty amazing spent with you guys, and it was sad when it was over!

I feel like everyone relates to all of this but we’ve all grown in some capacity since. In all honesty I have no recollection of your doxing and I’ve only heard about it, not sure if I missed it entirely at the time or have just totally blocked it out somehow. I also definitely don’t remember his doxing. Anyway, that was an extremely enjoyable but also totally toxic year of the forum.

I’m dying to know who did it! Haha

If worst comes to worse hyalase, wait a few weeks and go cheeks instead! (Also I wanted that update!)

Haha ok I MAY message you with this info, even if just the clinic and not the injector themselves. It was northern beaches area.

I feel like everyone relates to all of this but we’ve all grown in some capacity since. In all honesty I have no recollection of your doxing and I’ve only heard about it, not sure if I missed it entirely at the time or have just totally blocked it out somehow. I also definitely don’t remember his doxing. Anyway, that was an extremely enjoyable but also totally toxic year of the forum.
I feel like I missed all of that too

Just invading the space. I’m a terrible sleeper. I can wake up at any time of the night and it takes me a few hours to go back to sleep. In saying that, I have no pattern either, I can sleep okay one night and when I say okay I mean I can sleep from 11 to 4 and that will be fine by me and then there will be another night I can go from 10-2 and then 4-7 (if I’m lucky). As a child I’m sure I was told I would wake up and just it on the end of the bed. Apparently sleep walking. I have no recollection of this of course. And as I got older I just woke randomly at night anxiously. But I know the reasoning for that already. I never developed good sleeping habits unfortunately. I also live on 3/4 coffees a day which is terrible really. But oh well.

Back